SoD2 Q & A

Kedryn

Rescued Ally
Once you hit 7 stars in swordplay you get the standing execute move (RT+X on xbox) The character grabs the zed and hacks its head off and it works from front or rear.

Powerhouse has another good one. When you hit 7 stars in powerhouse you can grapple zeds from the front.
@Rebel36 Also Close Combat; at 7 stars your character grabs the zombie from the front, throws it to the ground and stomps its head off. Which is oddly fun. ;)

osamaclees

Rescued Ally
roger that control

OT, luck of the draw mainly, but certain traits give it like "watched westerns"
some traits also give you pick of all skills. i have a survivor in current game Reaper, who i recruited from a soldier enclave, he has "military contractor" trait which gave him access to all shooting skills

previous game i had 2x gunslingers (from 8) and was complete luck
one had traits: tourist, backpacked around town (or something) and gre up around cars. nothing there
other had: determined (great trait!), shit typer (or something -66% typing) and sports fan or sports trivia or something. nothing there either

Kedryn

Rescued Ally
Yep. It sure is those fucksticks. Damn. I wanted one of them soooo badly I could taste him!

Oh well.
I wasn't aware that you were a member of "The Foodies" enclave. ;)

Any time I hear "I've got an option you can't refuse; well you can, but humor me." I don't even bother showing up. The same with those other guys that can't feed themselves and have horrible traits when you recruit their entire 3 person enclave. I guess any enclave that upsets members of your own ("talk to JimBob about his concerns") when you give them things is never going to end up well. ;)

ThoseFucksticks. Give us mats. Give us Food! GIVE US AMMO!!! Give us Fuel or get fucked!

Final mission. Give us your base.

How retarded is that story arc... for 3 Fucking people to threaten my 7 star everywhere badass. (Armed with a 40 Round 7.62 Scar Heavy) that I have to give them my base. And then they go hostile on my 1 member... would have expected them to go hostile and attack my base.

Nope. They go hostile and get put down instantly... lined up in a row... 1 bullet. 3 dead... rather disappointed in the lack of them actually not growing a pair and attacking my base.

Same with the failure of Sheriff or Warlord... COME AND GET ME BITCHES.

Why is it That I have to go get them???

Fabian907

Alamo Rookie
Q: Are long time saves corrupted, example in game days like 100?

A: It could be possible that the game holds too much data on one single save and can't recall what happens during the present and reverts to the past.

A: It could be possible that the game holds too much data on one single save and can't recall what happens during the present and reverts to the past.
Nearing 30 days and my traders were bugged for 4 days (20-25 all buggy) have a leader now and seems to have fixed the traders and enclave inventory.

Hey Undead Labs, would you mind adding a few . . . uh, let me phrase this as gracefully and as delicately as I know how . . . classically pulchritudinous female survivors' to SoD 2. Because I, for one, have grown sufficiently bored of nearly every female face in the game looking like obscenely pulverized caricatures from a demented child's sketchbook. I mean . . . c'mon already!

Your first game had a nice selection of tough, good-looking gals, many of whom I had on my team. One of them was my absolute favorite: Maya Torres. (Maya earned her lofty status in my community, and even had her own vehicle. Nobody . . . not even crusty ol' Dilbert Kincaid . . . fucked with "Black Death," Maya's matte-black 1978 muscle car from Hell.)

So what's up? Where are all the pretty girls hiding? They can't all be gone.

Pardon me? What's that you say? Oh, your game is not a male-centric gawk-fest that caters to the patriarchy? It's about real, ordinary people (some of them women) caught up in extraordinary circumstances?

Ah, I see! It's all so clear to me now! So basically your notion of real and ordinary people (women) is that nearly all of them plummeted from the Ugly Tree and smashed face-first into every branch on their way down. Oh, and apparently your notion of real and ordinary people (women) below the neck is that they're as well-endowed and as near-flawlessly symmetrical as Greek goddesses.

Yeah, okay. And my goldfish co-created "Metal Gear Solid" with Hideo Kojima.

Here's some free advice for you, UL . . . and this time to hell with grace and delicacy . . . drop your hypocritical, cringe-inducing, PC bullshit and put some of the original (and far better looking) female heroes back in the game. Or create some new ones.

Because the women you've got now? . . . well, as Dirty Harry said to his spineless, clueless, obnoxious boss: "Your mouthwash ain't makin' it."

Nope. It sure ain't.

Last edited:

Kedryn

Rescued Ally

The save file seems to remember every character that ever existed in it, including dead ones and those that were on previous maps that you lived in; even those that had previously joined your enclave for 5 seconds before you saw that they made extra noise, took two beds and snored.

So, has Jeff (Strain) just gone full-blown MIA since SoD 2's release? Has he written anything? Said anything? How about . . . oh, I don't know . . . responded to any congenial criticisms?

For that matter, has UL's new "community manager" . . . I think her name is Cherish or Precious or something like that (at any rate, she was the wit who referred [rather uncharitably, methinks] to the original forum as the "Boy's Club") . . . said or written anything? Hell, has UL even done a stream in the past two weeks?

Not that it really matters too much, I guess. What information that has dribbled out of UL about SoD 2 post-release has amounted to little more than a few intermittent spittle-flecks of pre-packaged, Microsoft-approved talking points. Which is to say, hardly nothing at all.

Still, though . . . I am curious about the (seeming) prolonged absence of our good and kindly Mr. Strain.

Last edited:
Wonder.
So, has Jeff (Strain) just gone full-blown MIA since SoD 2's release? Has he written anything? Said anything? How about . . . oh, I don't know . . . responded to any congenial criticisms?

For that matter, has UL's new "community manager" . . . I think her name is Cherish or Precious or something like that (at any rate, she was the wit who referred [rather uncharitably, methinks] to the original forum as the "Boy's Club") . . . said or written anything? Hell, has UL even done a stream in the past two weeks?

Not that it really matters too much, I guess. What information that has dribbled out of UL about SoD 2 post-release has amounted to little more than a few intermittent spittle-flecks of pre-packaged, Microsoft-approved talking points. Which is to say, hardly nothing at all.

Still, though . . . I am curious about the (seeming) prolonged absence of our good and kindly Mr. Strain.
The dim bulb was learning things s-l-o-w-l-y.... that dim bulb was Wonder.

If I am forever going to be labled as a member of the Old Boy's club for a game that was amazing despite it's flaws.

She will be the Dim Bulb that learns things s-l-o-w-l-y.

And BTW... State of Decay 2... does not live up to the Standard set by State of Decay 1.

Falls short...

2013 till 2018... and all we got was a half baked burning brown bag on our porch.

It was something we loved, but now... the flaws and failures are getting too many to just over look.

Bugs and glitches and crashes happening literally every minute... making SoD lose players, not gain them.

And... WE NEED A COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR TO COMMUNICATE. Not Dictate.