SoD2 has a Steam store page

SomeRandomGuy

Zed Hunter
At least the steam version is included in the cross platform play. I just hope they give a discount on the steam version for people who own the XB or winblows store versions.

Cross platform save would be good, but if you have the winblows store version at least you'll be able to copy the save over.

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
On a related note, and since I'm seeing profile posts about this...

Free tradeable copy of YOSE

Essentially, anyone who owned the original SoD (didn't say YOSE) gets a free copy of YOSE to celebrate SoD2 coming to Steam. It can be redeemed by the owner or traded to a friend.

spacemousetw

Alamo Rookie
On a related note, and since I'm seeing profile posts about this...

Free tradeable copy of YOSE

Essentially, anyone who owned the original SoD (didn't say YOSE) gets a free copy of YOSE to celebrate SoD2 coming to Steam. It can be redeemed by the owner or traded to a friend.
I already have YOSE, and they just want to give it to me for free now?By the way, coming to steam mean any thing?

SomeRandomGuy

Zed Hunter
I already have YOSE, and they just want to give it to me for free now?By the way, coming to steam mean any thing?
Yeah, hopefully it means no issues that people experience with the winblows store version. Like not being able to download it, not being able to connect in multiplayer even though other games work fine, etc.

spacemousetw

Alamo Rookie
Yeah, hopefully it means no issues that people experience with the winblows store version. Like not being able to download it, not being able to connect in multiplayer even though other games work fine, etc.
So....it means I need to buy the same game again?:ROFLMAO:

osamaclees

Rescued Ally
wont be able to play it on my winxp machine :( which sucks as with mods this gam k=might be playable

stoked for yose though as that should be old enough to run on xp (??) and id love to play that with all the fixes and mods!

SomeRandomGuy

Zed Hunter
They say that, but... considering how unstable multiplayer has been since release, maybe they should fix that before adding another platform (and all the potential bugs) to the mix.
Given the gross mess the winblows store itself is I'm pretty sure microshaft fixing bugs that effect SoD2 multiplayer is not going to happen. It'll most likely end up with steam-steam multiplayer with winblows and XB being left out in the cold because they won't be able to connect worth shit.

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
Halo Master Chief collection is rolling out the Halo Titles on Steam and Windows 10 bit by bit. Only Steam and Windows 10 players can cross play with each other while the Xbox One is by itself, likely due to the fact of PC Movement/aim superiority.

Edit: I’ve heard good things about the porting, I’m sure the Steam version will run fine, or would it?

Last edited:

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
wont be able to play it on my winxp machine :( which sucks as with mods this gam k=might be playable

stoked for yose though as that should be old enough to run on xp (??) and id love to play that with all the fixes and mods!
I had to give up XP when my PC died and I built my new one.
I love 7, though. Support for that ends next month. I can't play SoD 2 until I get a few upgrades but I don't have the money so will hang on to 7 for a while longer.

osamaclees

Rescued Ally
I had to give up XP when my PC died and I built my new one.
I love 7, though. Support for that ends next month. I can't play SoD 2 until I get a few upgrades but I don't have the money so will hang on to 7 for a while longer.
luckily for me i really only play old games on my PC which all work on winXP :)
shame about 7, i have a couple a 7 PCs at work and yeah 7 is fantastic, i actually cant upgrade these ones as one controls my lab printer and the software was built for 7 only and the other is my video editing machine and im not rebuying that software again!!

but yeah all my old games run perfectly fine on my XP machine so ill be using that to till the day i die i reckon. the capacitors of that era are not available in NZ anymore but can order from overseas or i usually just go to the dump and find some circuit boards to take them off so fingers crossed we will survive each other lol :)