SoD2’s roadmap?

DJB204

Alamo Rookie
Independence an Daybreak have come and gone. What now? These 2 DLCs didn’t appeal to me l, they seemed to focus more on attracting casual new players looking for some actions packed quirky fun. Those DLCs had their moment in the sun, but now the hardcore SoD fans remain (as predicted), so now the question remains.... what’s next for SoD2? I’ve missed the last handful of livestreams since Daybreak launches. Has UL mentioned anything about SoD2’s future?

Last edited:

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
Nothing about DLCs but I think they are working on difficulty setting at this time. Brant said in one stream while playing the game that it was easy compared to what he was testing lol. I would love to see some real story added so we could have some fun with it like we did on the timeline thread from the old forums.

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
I am holding out hope for actual story missions still and hoping FO76 fails just enough to discourage that type of game being introduced as State of Decay 3, without making anyone lose their jobs over it.

It's also funny that you said hardcore SoD fans remained in State of Decay 2... simply because I went back to YOSE/writing my own game/designing a SoD-lite browser game.

Dunadain

Alamo Rookie
I'm playing to 100%, but also because it's 'new' (to me) and I haven't tired of it yet. The patches and higher morale seem to removed my 2 major gripes: resource stupidity and enclave frustrations (or maybe it's just that I'm ignoring them until I get set...).

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
Keep an eye out for XO18( big xbox event) on Saturday. Supposed to have some big State of Decay 2 news there.

This got posted to me on Reddit today in a comment about State of Decay 2, so maybe something this weekend?

meestah009

Missing Survivor
I still play this a lot too. It’s a bit more challenging if you don’t play online. I actually lost another character recently which would make it my 2nd ever. 3rd if you count another I lost to some bullshit bug where a red talon guy I was supposed to help was hostile for some reason. After he headshotted me with his RTX Timberwolf the mission was still active and he was still asking for help. Pissed me off for a minute but I just used the modtool to recreate the survivor.

The only goals I have in mind are finding good survivors and looting all the buildings on the map. I don’t assign a leader until I get tired of the community and want to start a new game.

I hope they don’t just add a difficulty slider but instead make new enemies or find other creative ways to increase difficulty, as well as add new tools to survive that incresed difficulty.

Secretz

Alamo Rookie
Hopefully, something comes out of the XO announcement that brings me back. Is it weird I sorta miss SoD2 but every time I think about starting it up again, I remember why I started up and then go back to other games? :confused:

Vahx

Alamo Rookie
Hopefully, something comes out of the XO announcement that brings me back. Is it weird I sorta miss SoD2 but every time I think about starting it up again, I remember why I started up and then go back to other games? :confused:
Same here, the lack of challenge.. the spam of mission.. the needy enclaves...