So who can last the longest??

Gmutant

Zed Hunter
You gonna be on this weekend?

I've been working on a normal game to loot the town clean for supplies and then I'm planning on making my first trip into nightmare mode. If we can clear out the map, then I'll focus on building bombs, snacks and other consumables while finishing leveling up my community.

@Cejao you're welcome to join in as well. The internet where I'm staying currently is better than what it was at my old apartment. Shouldn't be too many connection issues now.
@Alan Gunderson & @Cejao,

I will have to wait on playing SoD 2 for a couple more weeks. I just learned that we're about over our data cap on the internet, so downloading a huge 7.5Gb update would put us over.

I'm still free to play anything else though.

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
To be honest if you let your base hold its own without you needing to manage it. It should last you awhile besides the garden and feasts and morale boosts you’d want active at all tmes.

I stopped playing cause I was bored. And I gotta go back to do a guide on True Achievements and complete it on a friend’s account because SoD2 has a high TA score for what very little play the game.

Mad Dog Kelso

Zed Hunter
@Mad Dog Kelso @Cejao @Gmutant

If anyone is interested in helping me out on my new Valley dread zone map that I just moved to, I'll be on tonight.

It is 11:25 am EDT, I'll try to be on for around 8pm. I'm going for a hike after work. Provided that nothing goes wrong, I'll be able to play late.
Just got this. Been at work all day. Just got off, in fact. Pulling another double shift tomorrow, alas. But I’m available Sunday, from 8 a.m. to around noon EST. If this timeframe works for you, Gunderson, give a holler.

Mad Dog Kelso

Zed Hunter
A couple of UPDATES re: my self-imposed Survival Challenges playthroughs.

1) I recently cleared the ENTIRE M-Valley map (in NIGHTMARE ZONE). The challege was fivefold: survey every facility on the map (via Survey Point or vehicle); loot same until every one was blacked out; destroy every Plague Heart; kill every Hostile Enclave; and suffer NO DEATHS. It was a treacherous slog . . . but mission accomplished. The entire run was broadcast on my Mixer channel, and as I closed in on the final stretch, at least 15 viewers tuned in to watch the dramatic climax (and, boy, was it a NAIL BITER!). Three regulars from our beloved Alamo . . . Captain Assassin, Dumpling Badger, and Cejao . . . tuned in religiously, each offering expert suggestions and always rooting me on. Thanks, guys!!!

2) My latest self-imposed gonzo challenge is titled Lone Wolf Nightmare -- "Prego." It was insired by Dumpling Badger's own recent (and currently ongoing) Lone Survivor challenge. The basic rules of the challenge are as follows: only ONE survivor may be used; the entire map must be cleared; and it's in NIGHTMARE ZONE. How one gets the job done (within those parameters) is up to them.

A quick word on the recently added "Call Military Survivors" radio option. Uh, it's grossly mediocre. I farted around with it for nearly 10 hours and discovered that the variety of Soldiers, both in the uniforms AND in the character models, is terribly, woefully limited. It isn't evident at all that ANY work went into even giving us every existing military uniform/survivor combination, let alone actually creating (Heaven forbid!!) a new military uniform. VERY disappointing, to say the least.

DumplingBadger

Alamo Rookie
A couple of UPDATES re: my self-imposed Survival Challenges playthroughs.

1) I recently cleared the ENTIRE M-Valley map (in NIGHTMARE ZONE). The challege was fivefold: survey every facility on the map (via Survey Point or vehicle); loot same until every one was blacked out; destroy every Plague Heart; kill every Hostile Enclave; and suffer NO DEATHS. It was a treacherous slog . . . but mission accomplished. The entire run was broadcast on my Mixer channel, and as I closed in on the final stretch, at least 15 viewers tuned in to watch the dramatic climax (and, boy, was it a NAIL BITER!). Three regulars from our beloved Alamo . . . Captain Assassin, Dumpling Badger, and Cejao . . . tuned in religiously, each offering expert suggestions and always rooting me on. Thanks, guys!!!

2) My latest self-imposed gonzo challenge is titled Lone Wolf Nightmare -- "Prego." It was insired by Dumpling Badger's own recent (and currently ongoing) Lone Survivor challenge. The basic rules of the challenge are as follows: only ONE survivor may be used; the entire map must be cleared; and it's in NIGHTMARE ZONE. How one gets the job done (within those parameters) is up to them.

A quick word on the recently added "Call Military Survivors" radio option. Uh, it's grossly mediocre. I farted around with it for nearly 10 hours and discovered that the variety of Soldiers, both in the uniforms AND in the character models, is terribly, woefully limited. It isn't evident at all that ANY work went into even giving us every existing military uniform/survivor combination, let alone actually creating (Heaven forbid!!) a new military uniform. VERY disappointing, to say the least.

It's always fun to watch you stream!

The lone survivor challenge is very interesting, and is one of the few things that has managed to ratchet the tension up for me in the game recently.

DumplingBadger

Alamo Rookie
My
It's always fun to watch you stream!

The lone survivor challenge is very interesting, and is one of the few things that has managed to ratchet the tension up for me in the game recently.
My personal challenge is slightly different, my start was -
  • Start with the random map option.
  • Nightmare difficulty.
  • No legacy boons.
  • Start with three fresh randoms, re roll until they all have a blank fifth skill slot.
  • As soon as game starts exile the other two characters.
  • That's now my character for the rest of the challange/game!
  • I can only build the facility that is required by my leader type (e.g Warlord = Workshop, Trader = Garden etc).
  • Can upgrade existing facilities (I.e storage, command centre etc) if labour allows.
  • Try to clear the whole map and destroy all plague hearts!
I started with a trader, so I've got no workshop or infirmary. So far I've destroyed four plague hearts and cleared around a quarter of the map (Cascade Hills).

DumplingBadger

Alamo Rookie
Well that's that finished, all plague hearts destroyed and locations looted and "black" on the map, with the exception of enclaves, infestations, bases and outposts.

Was going to try and take out the infestations as well, but then got attacked by an unmarked hostile enclave with a gas grenade launcher and thought screw that, not after doing all this!

On to the next challenge; lone survivor but only using CQB and Crossbows...

Mad Dog Kelso

Zed Hunter
Well that's that finished, all plague hearts destroyed and locations looted and "black" on the map, with the exception of enclaves, infestations, bases and outposts.

Was going to try and take out the infestations as well, but then got attacked by an unmarked hostile enclave with a gas grenade launcher and thought screw that, not after doing all this!

On to the next challenge; lone survivor but only using CQB and Crossbows...
Great job, James!!!!!

Viperho

Rescued Ally
After not playing the game for a good while, I can’t understand how people enjoy killing plague hearts over and over repeatedly
I've been playing too much Remnant: from the ashes lately. A game that actually rewards the player for completing objectives, so much fun. Love the itemization, SoD can learn a thing or two from the unique items in the game.

Cejao

Alamo Rookie
After not playing the game for a good while, I can’t understand how people enjoy killing plague hearts over and over repeatedly
You get awesome loots from plague hearts now so they can be farmed for items instead of just being an annoying chore.
My only gripe is loot is locked in the heart until the host searchs it first, then everyone else can grab whatever.
I wish that whoever killed the heart would get the loot privileges instead.

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
Facepalms I've already been in the loop about everything, I read every patch notes and post them when I see them. The game is so damn bland and boring that even I would choose a boring Java Coding Class over playing a terrible title.
No disrespect to you cowboy.

e5futter

Alamo Rookie
Currently at day 160. I've resorted to doing the unspeakable and killing off any enclave that isn't an all out benefit to my group. I only send one person out to do the killing. He is my leader's attack dog, and goes all out with the zed baits, and scent block.

e5futter

Alamo Rookie
Update: hit day 190. Community is sustaining itself, +4.5 food, +1 ammo, +15 meds, +1 materials, +2 fuel. About to move to Meagher Valley after spending quite awhile in Drucker and Cascade Hills. No more killing enclaves because karma struck and I got a 4 minute siege that resulted in my automechanic dying to the horde. RIP Joseph.

Maltriagon

Alamo Rookie
Update: hit day 190. Community is sustaining itself, +4.5 food, +1 ammo, +15 meds, +1 materials, +2 fuel. About to move to Meagher Valley after spending quite awhile in Drucker and Cascade Hills. No more killing enclaves because karma struck and I got a 4 minute siege that resulted in my automechanic dying to the horde. RIP Joseph.
190 damn.. congrats. I'm just happy I got my community past day 50. Going to keep them permanently on dread to grind the bounties.
15 meds a day. What are you running to get that much and what are you doing with all those meds? (Besides running an end of the world dispensary)

e5futter

Alamo Rookie
190 damn.. congrats. I'm just happy I got my community past day 50. Going to keep them permanently on dread to grind the bounties.
15 meds a day. What are you running to get that much and what are you doing with all those meds? (Besides running an end of the world dispensary)
Currently have two hydroponics set to meds, with pesticides in both, and boosting their yields, which gives me +7 for each, and a survivor with herbalism which gives +1.

A farm 3 with fertilizer, boosting yields, and agriculture, gives me 4.5 food.

Workshop 3, and staging area for +1 materials.

3 fuel outposts and an enclave that's giving me fuel income gives me +2 of that.

One ammo Outpost for +1 ammo.

Currently set up at the container fort. With a power and water Outpost, 3 fuel outposts, and an ammo Outpost.

As for what I'm doing with the meds, every two days I mass produce bulk cure, then do my run, going around the map, giving the enclaves their bidaily cure, in return for any rucksacks they have on them. I've been role playing as a dispensary/Doc Hanson group for a bit now :)

e5futter

Alamo Rookie
Day 195, Drucker County. Was doing my runs with the enclaves when I noticed the number for one of the groups went from 3 to 2. Drove over there to find one of them dead on the porch. Plague took her. I've never seen that before but I guess she was infected when I rescued her.

Maltriagon

Alamo Rookie
Day 195, Drucker County. Was doing my runs with the enclaves when I noticed the number for one of the groups went from 3 to 2. Drove over there to find one of them dead on the porch. Plague took her. I've never seen that before but I guess she was infected when I rescued her.
Love random stuff like this. Doesn't happen to often which I guess makes it all the more cool when it does.