Seen any good zombies movies lately?

Secretz

Alamo Rookie
With SoD 2 just weeks away, I've been immersing myself in zombie themed games, books, comics, TV shows and, of course, movies. Anyone else doing the same, and if so what movies are you guys watching? Here's several I found pretty good...

La Horde (or The Horde)

What happens if you take the martial arts action film The Raid, take out the martial arts and add zombies instead?
You get the French take on the zombie apocalypse...The Horde!

[REC] (Or the American version, Quarantine)

The first part of a series from Spain, [REC] follows a first responder crew as a reporter and her camera man accompany them to a call at an apartment building, and all zombie hell breaks loose.

Train to Busan

Forget Snakes on a Plane, worry about Zombies on the Train! South Korea takes a shot at the zombie apocalypse and crushes it with Train to Busan.

Dead Set

Not a movie, but a British TV mini series. Do you hate reality shows like Big Brother? Ever think they'd be far more entertaining if you unleashed zombies onto the set? Well, have I got the thing for you!

Man, this reminds me just how much the American zombie movie scene has been slacking off...:(

Last edited:

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie
I was about to ask if anyone has seen the new Day of the Dead remake on Netflix.

I'm cautiously skeptical.

Edit: Anyone ever seen or heard of the movie 'Cell'? It stars John Cusack and Samuel L Jackson. Pretty interesting take on zombies.

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
I was about to ask if anyone has seen the new Day of the Dead remake on Netflix.

Edit: Anyone ever seen or heard of the movie 'Cell'? It stars John Cusack and Samuel L Jackson. Pretty interesting take on zombies.
Oh Bloodline it's not to bad has a stalker zombie in it lol

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie
Anyone ever seen the movie Fido?

Don't know how it got brought up, but someone brought it up in conversation the other day. I've seen it, a long time ago, and I couldn't remember too much about it other than Carry Anne Moss was in it.

Secretz

Alamo Rookie
French Canadian film on Netflix called 'Ravenous' or (Les Affamés).
Checked that out this weekend...was pretty good!

Haven't actually watched the new Day of the Dead yet...still trying to recover from the last one with the wall crawling zombies.
And is the Cell movie based off King's novel "Cell"?

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
Anyone ever seen the movie Fido?

Don't know how it got brought up, but someone brought it up in conversation the other day. I've seen it, a long time ago, and I couldn't remember too much about it other than Carry Anne Moss was in it.
That was me most likely lol I like Fido it's a good movie. Ahh zombies is another good one that's funny as hell

Secretz

Alamo Rookie
Yep. I had to look it up, but Cell is based off of Stephen King's novel.
I kinda want to check the movie out as I did like the book...just hope it isn't as bad as the reviews seem to be making it out to be. Besides, a Cell movies is about as close as I'm probably ever gonna get to seeing a Crossed movie...just minus all the over the top sex, violence and vulgarity. Ennis is one disturbed puppy, I tell you what. :eek:

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie
I could never bring myself to watch that movie...something gave me an icky feeling like the writer had twilight envy but didn't want to be accused of being a complete rip off and decided to substitute the vampire with zombies. :cautious:
Meh. It's not great and it's not super terrible either.

I didn't care for the story telling, but the set and location design was pretty good.

odf14

Alamo Rookie
Great Democratic People's Republic of Illinois
I could never bring myself to watch that movie...something gave me an icky feeling like the writer had twilight envy but didn't want to be accused of being a complete rip off and decided to substitute the vampire with zombies. :cautious:
Actually, it's less Twilight (and I think I just threw up a little having to say that name) and more Romeo and Juliet, just with more zombies.