Sasquatch went turbo lol

odf14

Alamo Rookie
Great Democratic People's Republic of Illinois
Can't say that I recall that, but to be honest, it's been a few years since I really played Lifeline.
Sergeant Kelly Eldrige III, fucking Esquire.

By law ( the Church Act, among others), and Tom Clancy notwithstanding, the CIA can not engage in wet work or other nasty tricks (nor can they operate on US soil, but that's another discussion entirely). There actually is a "Special Activities Division" within the Operations Directorate of the CIA - the successor to the Vietnam-era SOG (Studies and Observation Group) - that does the dirty tricks thing, but it's personnel are seconded from the military or, occasionally, from "contractors" because of the whole Congressional "thou shalt not" thing. The CIA prefers drawing from the SOF community because the military has that, you know, whole controlling legal authority thing.

Fabian907

Alamo Rookie
Sergeant Kelly Eldrige III, fucking Esquire.

By law ( the Church Act, among others), and Tom Clancy notwithstanding, the CIA can not engage in wet work or other nasty tricks (nor can they operate on US soil, but that's another discussion entirely). There actually is a "Special Activities Division" within the Operations Directorate of the CIA - the successor to the Vietnam-era SOG (Studies and Observation Group) - that does the dirty tricks thing, but it's personnel are seconded from the military or, occasionally, from "contractors" because of the whole Congressional "thou shalt not" thing. The CIA prefers drawing from the SOF community because the military has that, you know, whole controlling legal authority thing.
I back him up on that.