Questions about solo Daybreak

Beakie

Rescued Ally
First a little background so you know why I'm asking these specific Questions: I'm a 60 year old one-arm Disabled Player, with no friends that play SOD2. No Mic, No reflexes, that realistically will never get past maybe Wave 5 with any regularity.

1. Will I ever be able to unlock the RT Base Facilities or should I resign myself to never having access?
2. sometimes the Blood Juggs or Blugs as I call them will do their ground smash and leave a trail of Blood Plague on the ground will I get hurt if I run through that.
3. Since it seems NPC's don't fix walls I should pickup every kit I see? Because I might need them in later waves?
4, How exactly do you heal a tech? is it a bandage or med kit?
5. Will NPC's heal Tech?
6. When is best time to repair wall at yellow or wait until red?
7. I have been attacked by ferals while in between wave 4 and 5 gathering Cleo Drops and died, anyone else think that's a Dick move on Undead Labs part?

e5futter

Rescued Ally
First a little background so you know why I'm asking these specific Questions: I'm a 60 year old one-arm Disabled Player, with no friends that play SOD2. No Mic, No reflexes, that realistically will never get past maybe Wave 5 with any regularity.

1. Will I ever be able to unlock the RT Base Facilities or should I resign myself to never having access?
2. sometimes the Blood Juggs or Blugs as I call them will do their ground smash and leave a trail of Blood Plague on the ground will I get hurt if I run through that.
3. Since it seems NPC's don't fix walls I should pickup every kit I see? Because I might need them in later waves?
4, How exactly do you heal a tech? is it a bandage or med kit?
5. Will NPC's heal Tech?
6. When is best time to repair wall at yellow or wait until red?
7. I have been attacked by ferals while in between wave 4 and 5 gathering Cleo Drops anyone else think that's a Dick move on Undead Labs part?
1) Yes, but it will be frustrating as hell to get them. As there are some many unlocks before them. (I only have a couple of RT stuff left and I still haven't gotten a facility unlock yet.)

2) I have contracted Blood plague from BP juggernauts strikes before so I'd say don't run through it.

3) yes, good Lord yes.

4) when tech isn't being attacked, use a bandage, first aid doesn't work on them. Run up to him and hold Y (on Xbox)

5) They haven't for me yet.

6) I always repair at yellow, but if you don't have any juggernauts in the area, wait until red.

7)nah, keeps me on my toes.

Erudain

Alamo Rookie
7) seems more like a bug than anything else, because sometimes you will see normal zeds when looting CLEO drops, zeds that stay there, won't attack you and you can't damage them, the ferals also stay put and don't move until you are near and then they attack....it seems to me the game spawns the ferals and those zeds to join a wave but then they bug and stay there

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
1. It takes a shit ton of grinding that a skilled player will have little problems with. Join a group to help pull through the tough waves.
2. Stay away from them, just shoot them or bomb they' asses.
3. NPCs don't repair shite, pick up the walls and repair them when you know they're badly damaged or you know you'll get swarmed.
4. Tech is healed by bandaged, badly wounded will require two, use them wisely and well.
5. NPCs don't do shite.
6. Like number 3.
7. Meh

Beakie

Rescued Ally
Thanks everyone but I'm not one to ruin another persons chances at greatness, Playing Solo I get to level 4, maybe halfway into 5. I won't go much higher then that. So I hope that will be enough to get the higher Tier gear. If not well a man's got to know there own limitations.

Thanks everyone but I'm not one to ruin another persons chances at greatness,
Speaking as someone who can't get beyond wave 4 solo, I say you're not preventing me from greatness at all. Unless you absolutely don't want to play with someone online, I invite you to join one of my games. Gamer tag is Righteous Ham, same as here and pretty much everywhere.

e5futter

Rescued Ally
Thanks everyone but I'm not one to ruin another persons chances at greatness, Playing Solo I get to level 4, maybe halfway into 5. I won't go much higher then that. So I hope that will be enough to get the higher Tier gear. If not well a man's got to know there own limitations.
No ruining glory here friendo, it's insanely fun just doing a two person co-op.

If you are deadset on solo only though, I can't recommend the Cleo Heavy rifle enough. It acts as a .50 Cal rifle so it clears large groups of zeds on the walls and it kills Juggernauts AND Blood Plague Juggernauts in 5 hits though it only has a four round magazine (8, but uses 2 to fire) so you'll have to reload to get the final head shot. The other shots can be on the torso.

Beakie

Rescued Ally
Speaking as someone who can't get beyond wave 4 solo, I say you're not preventing me from greatness at all. Unless you absolutely don't want to play with someone online, I invite you to join one of my games. Gamer tag is Righteous Ham, same as here and pretty much everywhere.
Not dead set against it. But, just have no idea on how to Multiplayer. The whole PC to Xbox thing. Plus I have no Mic and I heard people don't like it much if you don't have one of those. I do play other Multiplayer games like Overwatch, Borderlands 2, Dead Island 1-2, Battlefield 1, Contagion. Yes I know these games are old but then so am I LOL.

Terrafutan

Alamo Rookie
Not dead set against it. But, just have no idea on how to Multiplayer. The whole PC to Xbox thing. Plus I have no Mic and I heard people don't like it much if you don't have one of those. I do play other Multiplayer games like Overwatch, Borderlands 2, Dead Island 1-2, Battlefield 1, Contagion. Yes I know these games are old but then so am I LOL.
I've done quite a few of them now, all pickup groups. No mic in any of them, yet you'll find with people with more than 1 brain cell, you will be fine and should be able to finish.

Had a pickup last night where it was just 2 of us, again no mic. We each took a side, healed up, walled up etc during breaks and ended with my first flawless victory.

What's your gamer tag and some of us can add you and invite this way around.

Vahx

Alamo Rookie
The only person i have encountered with a mic did nothing but breathe in it..

Solo i can reach level 5 with luck so im pretty sure you are doing it just as good as any other player.

Go jump into a multiplayer game and get your tier 3 rewards.

The only person i have encountered with a mic did nothing but breathe in it..
Last night I played a game where the one person with a mic sounded as if they'd occasionally decided to chew on it. In another game, one person spoke in a clear concise manner, was encouraging, and gave simple effective direction to lead our group to near victory.
Gamertag is Beakie3612
Accepted your request last night.

Beakie

Rescued Ally
I figured out I need to leave Xbox App open on PC but do I need to open up Daybreak to friends too, to get the invite? Or, can I be playing offline so I can pause and still get invites?

I figured out I need to leave Xbox App open on PC but do I need to open up Daybreak to friends too, to get the invite? Or, can I be playing offline so I can pause and still get invites?
As I understand it, you can invite someone to your game at any point, but if you want people on your friends list to be able to join your games sans invite, you'll need to toggle the switch under multiplayer options. For the record, When I noticed you playing earlier, I attempted to jump into your game but the option wasn't available.

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
You can always join a random game and pull through with some luck.

Im sure ive seen people who shoot every zed with full auto on wave 1 being carried, "we" can carry you too.
And i mean this in a respectfull way.
You'll see it a lot but if you have 3 good people you can carry the 4th. But I think people focus to much on the tech.....defend the walls plant a minefield or two behind them for ferals and it's easy breezy. Did a Rando group last night where we all just clicked on defending walls and backing each other up. No walls fell and the tech never needed to be healed