Questions about Legacy...

Beakie

Rescued Ally
So after 170 hours I finally completed my first Legacy ever ( yes I'm that slow). Playing as a sheriff. I freely admit I was not all that prepare for the final mission and made a lot of mistake on my way to the roof to kill the main dude. But, I DID IT!!!

But, looking around after the hard fought battle I noticed my Health which brings me to my Questions....

1. What happens if you die on the last mission?
2. If I make another Sheriff Hero the Leader do I start over with the Quest Line or do I go right to the Final Mission?
3. I know I got the Sheriff Boon Card and the prompt to start a new game. But, I had to Quit before starting the new game (damn real life problems LOL). So did I lose the right to use my Legacy characters by doing that?
4. I assume that those characters would keep there Hero Bonuses. But do Legacy characters reroll there Leadership trait if they were never made a Leader in the first game? Like if I had a character that was a Builder in the first game could they be a Trader in the next?
5. If I don't choose to put a Legacy character in the group in a new game can they show up as an NPC character?

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
1. Dunno, don't die. :D
2. Not sure, but I think it is still an option to continue the quest line.
3. Start a new game and it should allow you to choose your previous characters.
4. Traits don't change for the characters. Hero bonuses do reset until you level them up to hero status again.
5. Nope. The character pool is PC only and never appear as NPCs.

1 + 2: The mission is reset. You start off right before you go on the final mission.
3. You should still be able to get the start new game with existing characters.
4. The characters stay the same as what you had, but you can ONLY choose 3 to start a "new game" with.
5. Nope. Those characters are locked and gone from the game in all other ways except that you can choose them when you start off a next new game and select characters that finished the game before.

Eg. Playthrough 1. You use Becky but she is not great, you choose Liz, John and Deathwish.

But now playthrough 2. You want to use Liz, she is a viable choice now as well as the other (10+10) characters.

Beakie

Rescued Ally
Thanks for the Help.... One last round of Questions....

1. If I use a Legacy Character in a new game say in Save Slot #1 Could I also use them in a new game in Save Slot #3 at the same time?
2. If I use a Legacy Character and he dies can he still be used in a new game down the line? or it erased from the Legacy Player Pool?

Thanks for the Help just trying to figure out all my options before starting a new Playthrough

QMJS

Alamo Rookie
Thanks for the Help.... One last round of Questions....

1. If I use a Legacy Character in a new game say in Save Slot #1 Could I also use them in a new game in Save Slot #3 at the same time?
2. If I use a Legacy Character and he dies can he still be used in a new game down the line? or it erased from the Legacy Player Pool?

Thanks for the Help just trying to figure out all my options before starting a new Playthrough
They are only in one place at a time, in an active game or the pool. They only go into the pool when they are alive when you finish a legacy mission and that game ends.

If you pick one, and they survive to the end, then they go back into the pool and there is a counter that increases for them, showing that they have survived more than one playthrough. You can see their traits and skills, but not their inventory, so if you are specifically loading up a character with items to use next time, either start right away or write the name down so you don't forget who has all the stuff.

At one point I was starting a new game, loading it with the characters I did NOT want to use again, then deleting it. That takes the extras out of the pool, since you could easily end up with 40+ characters in there after doing all four legacy missions once.

Last edited:

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
At one point I was starting a new game, loading it with the characters I did NOT want to use again, then deleting it.
This is worth stating the other way around too. If you start a new game with characters from your last game and you delete that community, they are gone forever! I almost inadvertently deleted my three favorites just 'cause I wanted to try a new map, but I stopped short and reread the warning.