Patch 4.3: The Patchening

Liamypoo

Rescued Ally
https://www.stateofdecay.com/2018/10/19/patch-4-3-is-live-now/

The tag for this was small but mighty, as of yet the only might I see is the possibility I might try and get a refund for this game.

Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where the game would hardlock after the player destroyed a plague heart, or in situations where there was an abundance of plague zombies. We believe this was also causing crashes and hard locks in Daybreak.
  • Made a number of changes to address the save issues that many players were experiencing. (Save files were becoming too large to upload to cloud saves.)
  • Zombies no longer visibly run in place when grouped together near a lot of objects.
  • Fixed an issue that caused zombies and NPCs to appear to run in place when the player was inside a vehicle.

Burzum

Rescued Ally
Possibly, I have noticed that some zeds move as though they have been shot out of a cannon, they move that fast. Also, when you use your melee weapon they run very fast around you, to fast for you to turn. Those two are the only recent ones.
Im actually really liking those faster moving zeds, moving around and seeing a z shambling around a little way away and thinking youre all good only for it to then break into a full on sprint at you a lá 28 days later has really added to that "watch your back at all times" element i felt had been missing

phil

Missing Survivor
^^

Maybe you are right, it does make you be careful and watch your back. But, it can still be a bit unnerving.

Maybe they did watch that film, I have have and boym are they rapid. Similar to Daylights End, fast zombies but these are the night critters. No zeds in daylight ;)

So now, we have 'spaghettification' of zeds and dead survivors. Every patch, something new and stupid happens that didn't happen before... geeeez....

Last edited:

Shinzou

Missing Survivor
I actually get a few invisible Juggernauts now (or at least i seem to run into them with vehicles... middle of the road, crash, blood spray, vehicle wrecked, Jug roar, but nowhere to be seen). Never happened before.