Patch 4.1 is now Live (9-17-18

My leader is a sheriff.

I've had a couple people also confirm that your leader doesn't have to be a Trader in order to get the Red Talon prestige trader, and yet I still get the message of Red Talon being unavailable after everything that I've tried.

My last option is to re install the game this weekend and if that doesn't work, I'll delete my save game data and start over.
o_O

Edit: I don't mind playing Daybreak, but I'd like it if they would increase the number of waves, introduce more and better unlocks like a CLEO/military grade signal booster (8 outposts), CLEO logistics package (upgrade to staging area), Red Talon Armorer condensed storage (small slot mod +20 ammo storage), new CLEO assault rifle, CLEO LAMG and CLEO revolver.
If you have a working mic, I can help square you away. I'll be on SoD 2 tomorrow, from around 5 to 10 p.m. EST. Add Mad Dog Kelso as your X-Box Live friend, look for me tomorrow, and we'll get you straightened out.

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
In other news... the audio glitch is still happening.
I got hit with it for the first time yesterday. Nearly crapped my pants. It went on for over a minute before all sound stopped. I had to close the game and restart it.

It's amazing how often the patch says an issue has been fixed that hasn't been. It's like no one actually checks anything before releasing the patch.

"I got hit with it for the first time yesterday. Nearly crapped my pants."

Lol. Same here. The very first time it happened to me, I jumped so high my head nearly hit the ceiling!

"It's amazing how often the patch says an issue has been fixed that hasn't been. It's like no one actually checks anything before releasing the patch."

The latest stream dives a little bit more deeply into the bug-finding (and bug-squashing) process. In fact, the dude playing the game is one of UL's QA testers. He's got a rather staid, subdued, and even nonchalant demeanor (which irked me slightly); and getting him to talk (and then, once he did, getting him to speak above a whisper) was like herding a platoon of feral cats. But he did put forth some interesting info about the process of seeking out, reproducing, and then (hopefully) fixing bugs. (Turns out, it ain't always easy.)

Admittedly, this high-tech coding stuff is all Greek to me, so I'd be hard-pressed to know if someone was equivocating, obfuscating, or straight-up bullshitting me; but this guy SEEMED on the level.

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
"I got hit with it for the first time yesterday. Nearly crapped my pants."

Lol. Same here. The very first time it happened to me, I jumped so high my head nearly hit the ceiling!

"It's amazing how often the patch says an issue has been fixed that hasn't been. It's like no one actually checks anything before releasing the patch."

The latest stream dives a little bit more deeply into the bug-finding (and bug-squashing) process. In fact, the dude playing the game is one of UL's QA testers. He's got a rather staid, subdued, and even nonchalant demeanor (which irked me slightly); and getting him to talk (and then, once he did, getting him to speak above a whisper) was like herding a platoon of feral cats. But he did put forth some interesting info about the process of seeking out, reproducing, and then (hopefully) fixing bugs. (Turns out, it ain't always easy.)

Admittedly, this high-tech coding stuff is all Greek to me, so I'd be hard-pressed to know if someone was equivocating, obfuscating, or straight-up bullshitting me; but this guy SEEMED on the level.
Bugs that are easy to reproduce most times are easy to fix. Random bugs are a pain in the ass to both the testers and the Devs. Was a close alpha tester on a couple of games. One of the games had a clipping issue with a crate and some railing.... the railing was fixed but the crate wasn't it was deemed a non issue. The sound issue for SoD2 might be around for awhile just like missing followers . Which drives me nuts because my followers were working fine til the last patch lol Now I'm lucky if they make it to the car

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie
If you have a working mic, I can help square you away. I'll be on SoD 2 tomorrow, from around 5 to 10 p.m. EST. Add Mad Dog Kelso as your X-Box Live friend, look for me tomorrow, and we'll get you straightened out.
In all likelihood, I won't be on around those times. Sunday might be better, if you can make that work. I'll add you as soon as I'm done downloading SoD2 (again)
:rolleyes:

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie
In all likelihood, I won't be on around those times. Sunday might be better, if you can make that work. I'll add you as soon as I'm done downloading SoD2 (again)
:rolleyes:
Update: Well, I think that the issue of me not being able to use the Daybreak radio options might be a corrupt save.

I deleted the game, dlc and save data from my Xbox one. Shut off the console and removed the power cord for 5 minutes. I hooked everything back up and restarted the Xbox. This time, I installed the game from my disc copy (that I had to open) and redownloaded the dlc and patch. Upon starting the game I noticed that my previous game was still available. I load that game and try out the radio, still no luck.

I guess the only other thing that I can try now, is to start a new game and see if it works in that session. Otherwise, I'm SOL.

Goonie

Missing Survivor
Update: Well, I think that the issue of me not being able to use the Daybreak radio options might be a corrupt save.

I deleted the game, dlc and save data from my Xbox one. Shut off the console and removed the power cord for 5 minutes. I hooked everything back up and restarted the Xbox. This time, I installed the game from my disc copy (that I had to open) and redownloaded the dlc and patch. Upon starting the game I noticed that my previous game was still available. I load that game and try out the radio, still no luck.

I guess the only other thing that I can try now, is to start a new game and see if it works in that session. Otherwise, I'm SOL.
Is it only in one community that you can't call a trader/RT recruit? How many enclaves are on your map?

I am sad to see others lose out. I have called in two to one save and and a third to my third save
Ie. Save slot 1 got two RT guys. Slot 3 got 1 RT guy.

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie
Is it only in one community that you can't call a trader/RT recruit? How many enclaves are on your map?
I only have one community or one save slot being used. As far as the number of active enclaves in my current game, I think it's around 16 or 17 now.
:eek:

And yet, Undead Labs thought it was necessary to cap OUR community, but not the NPC numbers...
:cautious:

Goonie

Missing Survivor
I only have one community or one save slot being used. As far as the number of active enclaves in my current game, I think it's around 16 or 17 now.
:eek:

And yet, Undead Labs thought it was necessary to cap OUR community, but not the NPC numbers...
:cautious:
That's why you can't call the trader. The max amount of enclaves on your map should be ~15, and calling in traders creates a temporary enclave that has to obey that cap.

Edit: You could try clearing some of those enclaves out or move maps if you want to be able to call the trader with this community. Hopefully that helps!

Last edited:

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
So I play MGS V which runs on a Fox Engine, very good and powerful. I play these Forward Operating Base infiltration missions which is PvE at first then if the player wants to defend one of his four bases, he then joins to a PvP.
the FOB missions consist of eight to 75 AI soldiers with 1-10 UAV drones, 25 moving cameras and all that, yet zombies are too much to handle?

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie
That's why you can't call the trader. The max amount of enclaves on your map should be ~15, and calling in traders creates a temporary enclave that has to obey that cap.

Edit: You could try clearing some of those enclaves out or move maps if you want to be able to call the trader with this community. Hopefully that helps!
Is there any way to get rid of enclaves that are friendly? There are roughly 8 or so little enclaves that only have 1 person in them and aren't really doing much for my base.

Goonie

Missing Survivor
Is there any way to get rid of enclaves that are friendly? There are roughly 8 or so little enclaves that only have 1 person in them and aren't really doing much for my base.
If they're just friendly, you should be able to threaten them. If they're allied, you'll either have to recruit someone or ignore a mission from them. You could also lure zombies to them until they die. That might take some effort, haha.