Patch 4.1 is now Live (9-17-18

And at this point I am already heartbroken and gawdsmacked. Do I go trough the hell I went through to get the UEPO SoD2. Or do I just say fuck it. Cut my losses and forever be forced to update a game that will be behind intentionally...
Nah, stick to it, dude. Finish it. Unlock your stuff. I've got EVERY Red Talon and sole CLEO facilty up and running at my base and they look awesome! Plus DB is fun and addictive. Hell, Mad Dog'll grind it out with you. Holler at me whenever. (And fix your mic! 😆)

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie
@Gmutant
I don't think it should matter but is your leader a Trader? The only reason I ask is my current leader is and I've no trouble radioing for a trader.
No. I've got a sheriff, but according to @CaptainAssassin, your leader type shouldn't matter.

I'll try deleting the dlc and redownloading it tonight. Gonna be pissed if that doesn't work.

I tried calling for a RT merc to join my group as I have 8 members now, and was told that I'm too crowded.
:rolleyes:

Terrafutan

Alamo Rookie
No. I've got a sheriff, but according to @CaptainAssassin, your leader type shouldn't matter.

I'll try deleting the dlc and redownloading it tonight. Gonna be pissed if that doesn't work.

I tried calling for a RT merc to join my group as I have 8 members now, and was told that I'm too crowded.
:rolleyes:
I have a sheriff and have no problems recruiting. I however only have 2 members along with 2 RT mercs, so space isn't an issue.

@Mad Dog Kelso

I want to further claifiy that just because a game houses references in its files doesn't necessarily mean they will be followed up on. A famous example: Mass Effect contained references to a Mars DLC that never went happened. Which is why I labeled my own post as speculation. There could be a DLC called Heartland or something similar, or there could not.

@Mad Dog Kelso

I want to further claifiy that just because a game houses references in its files doesn't necessarily mean they will be followed up on. A famous example: Mass Effect contained references to a Mars DLC that never went happened. Which is why I labeled my own post as speculation. There could be a DLC called Heartland or something similar, or there could not.
Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification, sir.

QMJS

Alamo Rookie
Yep, no guarantees, just possibilities. Until they actually announce it, it could just be a leftover reference to something that was already renamed, or even something planned but not actually created.

Of the references, a few of these are simply "Heartland Bail Bonds" already on the maps. "Road Trip" is also the name of one of the hatchback models.

But, stuck in the middle of the main menu between Daybreak and the Doomsday pack (preorder stuff) is this:
heartland Heartland Multi Line Pack Heartland
which would put it directly under the 'Daybreak' entry in the menu. What that actually means is debatable.

Yep, no guarantees, just possibilities. Until they actually announce it, it could just be a leftover reference to something that was already renamed, or even something planned but not actually created.

Of the references, a few of these are simply "Heartland Bail Bonds" already on the maps. "Road Trip" is also the name of one of the hatchback models.

But, stuck in the middle of the main menu between Daybreak and the Doomsday pack (preorder stuff) is this:
heartland Heartland Multi Line Pack Heartland
which would put it directly under the 'Daybreak' entry in the menu. What that actually means is debatable.
Good stuff. And good to know. All speculation re: these (named) files aside, it's manifestly obvious (based on several remarks Geoffrey has made during recent "Daybreak" streams) that UL is hardly done supporting--and adding to--SoD 2. What remains to be seen is if said future modifications, tweaks, add-ons, and full-blown DLCs will actually enhance the brand and help reestablish the franchise's former uniqueness; or if said content will distance the game further and further away from its roots.

The irony here is that some of the things UL need do to satisfy this brand "reestablishment" seem (to me, at least) both elementary and quite feasible. For example, bring back the option to mine Safehouses. Why this feature was removed in the first place is beyond the limits of my intellect to fathom; but this I do know: reinstating it would scratch a serious itch that's been irritating the community since the game's release. Bringing Safehouse mines back is a total no-brainer.

And second on my list would be to incorporate the Wall Building mechanic introduced in "Daybreak" into the base game. Two reasons: it exists (and works well), so why not? And second, Wall Building dovetails neatly with the whole home base security element of the game that's also been (incessantly) begged for, but which has remained (again, for reasons mystifying) woefully absent.

There's more, of course. But satisfying just these two would go a looong way for me (and for many in the community, I think).

That UL doesn't know this stuff (or do know it, but remain silent) is aggravating and remains a total mystery to me.

Thanks again for the clarification re: the files (which may or may not be titles [or working titles] for future DLCs).

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
Had to totally reinstall the game to get it to work. Unlocked everything and had no trouble calling for RT survivors in 3 games (warlord, trader and a group with no leader). For me Daybreak is a waste of time (well the battleaxe is sweet) but for some reason I thought the unlocks were..... like blueprints added to the base game that could be used at anytime. Wrong you have to call a trader....buy the pre fabs then install them at your base and once the game ends you either tear it down and take it with you or go play more Daybreak lol

Had to totally reinstall the game to get it to work. Unlocked everything and had no trouble calling for RT survivors in 3 games (warlord, trader and a group with no leader). For me Daybreak is a waste of time (well the battleaxe is sweet) but for some reason I thought the unlocks were..... like blueprints added to the base game that could be used at anytime. Wrong you have to call a trader....buy the pre fabs then install them at your base and once the game ends you either tear it down and take it with you or go play more Daybreak lol
Yip... a total failure to actually deliver something for the game. But so far... many have spent already days poured in Day Break. So they did do something right.

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie
Update:

I deleted the Daybreak dlc, shut off the Xbawx and removed the power cord. Hooked everything back up and downloaded Daybreak.

Still can't call a trader or get a merc to join me.
:mad:

I deleted the Daybreak dlc, shut off the Xbawx and removed the power cord. Hooked everything back up and downloaded Daybreak.
I've got nothing man, you're best hope at this stage is to just wait until the next patch and hope UL addresses the issue. You could try and report the issue to them through whatever means they accept bug reports.

Update:

Still can't call a trader or get a merc to join me.
:mad:
Is your Leader a Trader?

Edit: Oh wait. You mean you can't call a Red Talon "Prestige Trader" or use your 3,250 PP to recruit a balaclava-clad Red Talon Contractor into your community? Is that precisely what you're telling us?

Last edited:

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie
Is your Leader a Trader?

Edit: Oh wait. You mean you can't call a Red Talon "Prestige Trader" or use your 3,250 PP to recruit a balaclava-clad Red Talon Contractor into your community? Is that precisely what you're telling us?
My leader is a sheriff.

I've had a couple people also confirm that your leader doesn't have to be a Trader in order to get the Red Talon prestige trader, and yet I still get the message of Red Talon being unavailable after everything that I've tried.

My last option is to re install the game this weekend and if that doesn't work, I'll delete my save game data and start over.
o_O

Edit: I don't mind playing Daybreak, but I'd like it if they would increase the number of waves, introduce more and better unlocks like a CLEO/military grade signal booster (8 outposts), CLEO logistics package (upgrade to staging area), Red Talon Armorer condensed storage (small slot mod +20 ammo storage), new CLEO assault rifle, CLEO LAMG and CLEO revolver.

Last edited: