Patch 4.0 is live (9-5-18)

Just a reminder to some of the posts above, it is tied to individual survivors, not just the community morale. So if you have a character that is in a shitty mood (doesn't like recent action, in mourning, negative/irritable personality traits) they will tend to happen.

If you fully micromanage this, it is indeed a thing of the past. Little maintenance required as far as your group's skills go. Been playing for another 5 hours over the past couple of days, not one fate card.

Worth noting I have a musician and a comedian in the group. A few characters with PTSD-related traits, and somebody with people skills. So morale is high without my lounge, but I still have a few mentally flawed characters.

Terrafutan

Alamo Rookie
I have spent the last few days playing and I have yet to have a single direct follower disappear.

The mission followers however, still have their own plans while on a mission. Had one last night that ran so far off the map, I could have put the other 2 maps down and she was still off the map.

Liamypoo

Rescued Ally
Hmmm I may have to reboot and give this game a whirl again.

Though it'd be with a new group and a new fresh start, my current group is just too OP no matter which 3 I start with. Farewall Zack and the rest, you were good people and all proved to be characters The Walking Dead (SOD2 I mean...) could not provide. See you on the other side.

Also I'm probably gonna just do a randomiser run. No filtering for the best characters all with medical training, important workshop skills etc Just whoever made it, made it. More realism than a picket line in a ZA.

October

Missing Survivor
Just a reminder to some of the posts above, it is tied to individual survivors, not just the community morale. So if you have a character that is in a shitty mood (doesn't like recent action, in mourning, negative/irritable personality traits) they will tend to happen.

If you fully micromanage this, it is indeed a thing of the past. Little maintenance required as far as your group's skills go. Been playing for another 5 hours over the past couple of days, not one fate card.

Worth noting I have a musician and a comedian in the group. A few characters with PTSD-related traits, and somebody with people skills. So morale is high without my lounge, but I still have a few mentally flawed characters.
I am aware that the fate cards are supposed to be tied to individual characters. I'm saying that's not the case for me. Each individual character was enthusiastic; I checked. I also don't have any irritable people or people with negative traits.

e5futter

Rescued Ally
I am aware that the fate cards are supposed to be tied to individual characters. I'm saying that's not the case for me. Each individual character was enthusiastic; I checked. I also don't have any irritable people or people with negative traits.
Same here for me, I lost 9 meds within 30 minutes and none of my survivors have negative moral traits and everyone is enthusiastic.

Same here for me, I lost 9 meds within 30 minutes and none of my survivors have negative moral traits and everyone is enthusiastic.
Holy dear meat! That's ridiculous. If the fate cards were that consistant across the board one wouldn't have time for anything besides digging up resources and I'm not even sure they could keep up with the outflow.

Beakie

Rescued Ally
I have spent the last few days playing and I have yet to have a single direct follower disappear.

The mission followers however, still have their own plans while on a mission. Had one last night that ran so far off the map, I could have put the other 2 maps down and she was still off the map.
I'm about at 70-30 whether a direct follower will stay or go missing. but, I will say they when the do go missing it's not very long before they show up again at least on my game.

Shinzou

Missing Survivor
I'm about at 70-30 whether a direct follower will stay or go missing. but, I will say they when the do go missing it's not very long before they show up again at least on my game.
That was my experience as well. I had some of them disappear, but very quickly reappear again.

I am also not experiencing overly harsh fate card timing, despite having a fairly low to medium morale group at the moment (mostly because i am ignoring the beds needed, i am at -4 and it drags the whole team down quite a bit). I even had a few of the "found some things" even though morale was low (but individual morale was high).

To those still having these issues post 4.0 patch, are you mainly on PC or XboX? I am asking because i do not seem to experience many of the XboX specific issues and never heard my friends (also on PC) have them either.

Well, we're solidly into Sept 12 (8:30 a.m. EST; 5:30 a.m. PDT in Seattle), and not so much as the barest mouse-squeak from UL about "Daybreak." Nothing on Twitter. Zilch on Facebook. And a forlon chorus of crickets here in the Alamo.

My gut tells me that UL is experiencing technical issues galore. Which, if true, might mean a delay in the DLC drop-time (and I don't mean a delay of mere hours). Regardless of what's going on, I, personally, would've appreciated a simple heads-up on Daybreak's status. I'm sure I'm not the only doofus who actually took Sept. 12 off in advance so I could enjoy a full day of Daybreak.

Now I'm just sitting here holding my pecker.

Yet again, UL drops the ball. Yet again, I fell for it. And yet again, I have only myself to blame.

Last I heard on Twitter was about 6 hours ago Brant said they don't have control of deployment. he didn't say who did but my guess is Microsoft Store.
In that case we call all rest assured that the Microsoft Store will handle the release with the same professional efficiency and expert skill we've come to expect from Microsoft's answer to Steam.

LOL. Somebody . . . anybody . . . please tell me UL's not gonna wait until late tonight to drop this DLC!

Or worse, tell me they're not gonna wait til 11:59 p.m. to inform us they're having issues.

Somebody . . . please tell me. Please!