Patch 3.0 live

Kedryn

Rescued Ally
First, I'd like to thank you guys for keeping everyone updated and informed on the patches. (y)

Second, regarding safezones: If it helps, and 3.0 didn't mess it up, the SoD1 outpost strategy's been working for me.

Unlike Home Bases, the zones for Outposts seem to work. The zeds (normally) only appear along the outer perimeter (and sometimes not at all if you're close to center), so wherever you can place an outpost zone over your base, it drastically cuts down wanderers in that area.

View attachment 1941

This is the Corner Office in Cascade Hills; the best one I've found. That said, there are other decent ones, like the Police Station in Meagher, that can be mostly or partially secured, and many that are wide open. The buildings near a base tell you how secure you can make it, though I had an experience at Mohr & Mohr Distributing (an isolated base) that appeared to get less traffic than normal.

During this playthrough, my recruits could run around the base and down the street like an obstacle course, all in relative quiet. I even took a moment to enjoy the silence. If you can keep the noise down, you'll have very few encounters at home. Well placed sniper towers also help a lot at some small or mid-sized bases.

View attachment 1942

Again, like SoD1, works just as well to cover a scavenging area, especially around clusters like strip malls. Just be careful to keep off the edge of the circle.

View attachment 1943

Also, I've been using this Prima Guide to keep track of base locations and requirements.
I've been through all three maps, the 'best' bases in all of them and none of them compare to the Corner Office for me. Just having a block or two of empty streets makes it worth the tininess. Sometimes I just want to sit on my front step and watch the sunset in peace, you know?

hokimkim

Rescued Ally
So far I've only seen the two previously reported bugs: the one where mission characters don't spawn and the one where your vehicle is visible but not solid. Leaving the area and returning fixed both of these for me.
Two more new glitch/bug reported in rebbit.

1) No sound bug: The audio will disappear all of sudden (I have found a few twitch streamer encounter this at live stream too)
2) Unlimited duplication bug from any kinds of trader

Rebel36

Rescued Ally
So far I've only seen the two previously reported bugs: the one where mission characters don't spawn and the one where your vehicle is visible but not solid. Leaving the area and returning fixed both of these for me.
Yeah, I played the game for the first time in over a month last night after downloading the new patch and found both of these bugs. The survivor mission eventually expired but my vehicle became solid again after I left base to do a different mission and returned. One step forward, two steps back. Do I really want to put myself through this again? Please Red Dead Redemption 2 get here soon...

3.0 Issue #1

The game crashes if I use C4 to destroy a plague heart. To be more specific, the game crashes if my survivor is sprinting when they detonate the C4... with 100% certainty.

3.0 Issue #2

The RTX Stormbringer in my locker has 40rd capacity, but I found another one post 3.0 that holds 60rds... was this intentional?

3.0 Issue #3

The Sniper Nest still does not reduce siege risk.

Last edited:
I know I posted this before in another thread, but I think it's worth repeating due to all the new issues from patches.

If you're playing on PC, torrent it. Install from the torrent and make sure it goes to a different folder than what you're playing from now. It'll probably be v1.0 but that's what you want because it has LESS issues than the game does now after 3 patches. Big bonus is there's also no Revolutionary War zeds.

I mean sure you won't have the new inventory sorting and whatever other few good things came from the patches so it's a bit of a tradeoff, and you won't be able to play multiplayer, but to me it's absolutely worth it.

Did they change the night sky at some point? That's the Big Dipper but I don't remember seeing any constellations when I was playing.
I don't know, but that's a good catch. I didn't even see that. I've only noticed the night brightness seems different for each map.

Drucker County is the brightest, Meagher Valley is darker, and Cascade Hills is the darkest. That shot's from Drucker with the gamma cranked up. It's the only one I like driving (or walking) at night. The sky's probably the same for every map, but I just notice it more in the desert. Anyway, I'll be paying more attention.

Another (possible) bug. After clearing all of the plaguehearts I am still seeing plague zombies around. I don't know if it's a bug or if it's a 'fix' for the 'brewmaster' quest that would get stuck if all the hearts were gone.
Unless it's become more persistent in 3.0, or intentional, as you said, reloading usually clears it up for me.

Last edited:

QMJS

Alamo Rookie
The RTX Stormbringer in my locker has 40rd capacity, but I found another one post 3.0 that holds 60rds... was this intentional?
Curiously, after some switching around of equipment, I found this is exactly what the issue was for my character that would stay in the aiming pose and not respond to anything else when not the active character. I switched guns, and he was fine... but I later gave the same gun to another new survivor, and he had the exact same issue.

I ended up recycling it to get rid of it.

demonbreather

Missing Survivor
Curiously, after some switching around of equipment, I found this is exactly what the issue was for my character that would stay in the aiming pose and not respond to anything else when not the active character. I switched guns, and he was fine... but I later gave the same gun to another new survivor, and he had the exact same issue.

I ended up recycling it to get rid of it.
That would seem to indicate that they're pushing out the updates with only the bare minimum of testing, if they're even doing any at all. No bueno.

QMJS

Alamo Rookie
That would seem to indicate that they're pushing out the updates with only the bare minimum of testing, if they're even doing any at all. No bueno.
They do an extremely poor job of testing. The stream from a while ago with their QA testers was infuriating.

Two of the issues they found were a car that didn't look right because the parts were deformed, and an entire layer on a map that was set incorrectly making a huge hole.

Those are not the sort of things a QA department should be finding. They should never have gotten out of the development phase that badly broken.

UL seems to not understand that QA stands for "Quality Assurance", and should be looking for small things that don't work properly that may have been missed, or problems that can appear in unusual circumstances, not extreme obvious defects in the game that should be found by the developers.

And again, they should not be adding anything new at this point, until they fix the numerous bugs in the game. Even now, the network and red talon traders don't appear... this is specifically a problem because the facility mod that allows 2 extra outposts can't be found, only bought from the network. So, many people who didn't start playing immediately do not have access to get six outposts, unless they get one from another player in co-op. And that is just one of dozens of major problems that they have no addressed.

demonbreather

Missing Survivor
@Fabian907 But consider that the season pass only includes Independence and Daybreak -- new zombie skins that lose their novelty after you've seen more than one zombie in a powdered wig, and a few weapons/vehicles that are insignificant in the grand scheme of the game. And then tack on what sounds like nothing more than a horde mode, which I'm personally not very interested in because I'd rather get story DLC than arcade style challenges. Compared to, say, Wild Hunt's incredibly generous offerings, Independence + Daybreak doesn't make for a very promising DLC roadmap. What I mean to say is, even if they weren't backtracking to fix bugs, there's no guarantee of any more DLC than they've already offered. I hope -- I really, really do! -- that they'll be able to put out a few more DLC, and I'm personally hoping to see a plot, some dungeon crawling (let's have a survivor get trapped in a massive military complex, or have to explore some ruins, or something more creative than hills and houses) and some increased depth in the game mechanics and character customization... But if we never see those things, I won't be surprised. Sadly. :/

Beakie

Rescued Ally
Another (possible) bug. After clearing all of the plaguehearts I am still seeing plague zombies around. I don't know if it's a bug or if it's a 'fix' for the 'brewmaster' quest that would get stuck if all the hearts were gone.

Also the 'Meal Plan' Hero Bonus apparently works now. Yay? ;)
I think I heard once on one of UL Dev Streams that not all plague zombies are killed when the last Plagueheart goes but they will all die out eventualy so I think it was a design feature to allow you to pick up just a few more Plague samples before they disappear forever...

Or that was the gist of what the Dev was saying. I'm not so sure it was a good idea seeing as in my last game I had over 200 samples by the time I finished....

Last edited:

Kedryn

Rescued Ally
Found another new bug. When uninstalling a facility mod the prop isn't removed and any new mod will overlap or be eclipsed by the first one. I should see if exiting and reloading fixes it. I know leaving the area doesn't.

@LiNanMian1984 which day did the infinite save bug occur? Mine started around day 106, somehow manage it avoid it, it happened after hitting a day, moving maps, or even saving at any time. It'sa bitch and I just want to hit day 1000 to see if that counter would change...
@Fabian907 was at day 78 and I can comfirm before I decided to mod my game. It just started spinning and spinning like crazy and I decided (after reading your posts on the issue) going to make some lucky person really happy by giving them as much as I can... 4 joined games and 4 times I flooded my host with gifts.