Patch 3.0 live

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
So people are saying "make the game harder" but UL hears make the game easier lol So now we can use "stuck" to even get cars back now. I won't use it cause I like my cars stuck. In SoD getting a car stuck or flipping it were big deals that could really effect game play. All that is gone when it could mean so much on the 3 big maps we got.

No follower fix yet again but I really didn't think there would be lol cause they don't use followers on the live streams :unsure:

QMJS

Alamo Rookie
"Improved the predictability of your starting position when loading back into a saved community."
Logged in once today and was in a part of the map I haven't even been to yet in this game, 1500+meters away from base where I logged out.

"Fixed many instances of world art floating or clipping incorrectly."
Never had an issue before, but today...
floater1.jpg floater2.jpg floater3.jpg

Also, had another non-useable, no collision vehicle today.

At this point I am starting to wonder if they are adding new bugs intentionally so that they don't get laid off as there is so much work to do?

Last edited:

Mad Dog Kelso

Alamo Rookie
Let's see, where does one begin?

Nothing about the Revolutionary War zeds? Check. Nothing about followers continuing to turn invisible, or just straight-up being dismissed when you switch characters? Check. Nothing about calming their tits with the frequency of the FateCards? Check. Nothing about the asshattery of zeds just waltzing into your base any time they feel like it? Check. Nothing about the BS spawns? Check. Nothing about survivors who are supposed to be giving positive morale boosts being the only ones who are constantly starting fights and dragging morale down? Check. Nothing about enclaves spamming steppin-fetchit and bring-me-this missions? Check. Nothing about phase-shifting and/or invulnerable zeds? Check. Nothing about the ludicrous weapons durability? Check. Nothing about the ridiculous way infestations spawn every thirty seconds, or the way they respawn in the location you just cleared before you've even had the chance to walk away? Check. Nothing about how zeds will lock-on to you from three hundred metres away when you're not moving and not making any noise? Check. Nothing about the infuriating reminders to build more storage space when there is no option to do that? Check.

But I am so glad that they fixed it so the skill book vendor will register more clearly. That was obviously more important than any of those other glaring errors.

Nope. I'm just going to watch this version of the Titanic sink.
What else needs to be said. THIS post covers all of it . . . the whole sad, sorry, sordid mess that is SoD 2.

I won't even think about returning to . . . let alone actually recommending . . . this broke-dick game until at least HALF the problems Old Dog laid out above (and in other places) are fixed. My community deserves FAR more reliability than what UL has seen fit to provide them.

So let me do the math here. Hmmm. Let's see. Uhhh. Okay, yes. Yes, here we are. SoD 2 is slightly over a week away (if you've been playing since May 18) from being three months old . . . AND THE DISAPPEARING FOLLOWER BUG STILL HASN'T BEEN FIXED?!!!!!!!!!!!!!? Are you fucking kidding me!!! Is it some kind of sick and twisted joke I'm not in on!!!

Friends/comrades/fellow survivors, this is some sterling, Grade A, Top-'o-the-Line, First Order of Magnitude assfuckery, if I've ever seen it. The friend/follower option is one of the premiere mechanics in the goddam game, providing both practical and (depending on one's temperament) emotional functionality. Hell, even the bad-ass of all bad-asses himself . . . ol' Sasquatch . . . pipes up on the radio intermittently to advise you to "always" travel with a companion, lest you die from lack of assistance. So UL knew (knows) that enlisting the help of a follower is smart . . . and highly encouraged. And yet . . .

AND YET THEY STILL HAVEN'T FIXED IT.

And so like the weary and desperate war refugees in the movie "Casablanca," my copy of SoD 2 sits on the shelf and waits. And waits . . . and waits . . . and waits . . . and . . .

QMJS

Alamo Rookie
"Vehicles will now be teleported by the “Stuck?” radio command.
The “Stuck?” radio command now won’t teleport you all the way back to your base."

So, I decided to try this one today after getting into a van and it not being able to move, despite being in the middle of the street and with a half-full gas tank.

I was where the middle red circle is... van ended up way up north, and I was far away at an enclave that I hadn't visited in 20 minutes. It's going to be a long walk home.

Stuckwithavehicle.jpg Edit: That is actually a different van... I finally found the red one with the stuff I had put in it near an outpost next to my home base... the starter house.

Last edited:
Downloading now but likely won't be able to play again until Tuesday at the earliest. Not looking forward to the new bugs I've seen you lot speak on. Something I neglected to mention in my last post: are the colonial era zeds supposed to be permanent? Because seriously screw that! Why, why is this not part of the themed DLC? I just don't understand what UL are thinking with this.

One of the big draws for me was how SoD was presented and wacky wasn't ever part of that package.

Beakie

Missing Survivor
Are all the people that are having problems on Xbox? Cause I'm on PC and I haven't seen any new bugs with the patch just some of the old ones that have been around forever.

Just trying to figure out if the new bugs are platform Specific or not.... I have myself tried the Stuck Vehicles button and had no problem moved basicly from top of mountain to a road maybe 100m away I was in the vehicle when I started move and was still in vehicle along with a follower that was sitting in bed of truck....

Fabian907

Alamo Rookie
Are all the people that are having problems on Xbox? Cause I'm on PC and I haven't seen any new bugs with the patch just some of the old ones that have been around forever.

Just trying to figure out if the new bugs are platform Specific or not.... I have myself tried the Stuck Vehicles button and had no problem moved basicly from top of mountain to a road maybe 100m away I was in the vehicle when I started move and was still in vehicle along with a follower that was sitting in bed of truck....
They are both EXACTLY the SAME game, but the files are different which is what you do in your game is what can trigger something, or files that are modified, or even the system hardware.

Beakie

Missing Survivor
They are both EXACTLY the SAME game, but the files are different which is what you do in your game is what can trigger something, or files that are modified, or even the system hardware.
So if I'm understanding correctly It all depends on play style as to what bugs you might see?

I can see system hardware being a factor for PC players. But not so much for consoles players unless there really are big changes in the hardware of the different versions of Xbox's.

Please note being a PC player I really know nothing of the consoles...

Fabian907

Alamo Rookie
So if I'm understanding correctly It all depends on play style as to what bugs you might see?

I can see system hardware being a factor for PC players. But not so much for consoles players unless there really are big changes in the hardware of the different versions of Xbox's.

Please note being a PC player I really know nothing of the consoles...
Both the Xbox One and the Xbox One S are nearly identical besides the HDR and 1440P.
The Xbox One X provides more power by about 2.6 times the Xbox One. issue is how they can optimize the settings for the consoles as of overclocking the system, in which the system would have to push for the limits. You can play on both the Xbox and PC version with the same save, as long as you don't modify the save to do something Illegal. in which modding is okay to a full extent of trying not to break the Xbox, or PC.

QMJS

Alamo Rookie

I am on a PC which way exceeds the recommended hardware.

Something I neglected to mention in my last post: are the colonial era zeds supposed to be permanent? Because seriously screw that! Why, why is this not part of the themed DLC? I just don't understand what UL are thinking with this.
Apparently what UL is thinking (and dreaming) about is how much more of the collective casual-gamer dick they can take down their throat; because they sure as shit haven't gone out of their way to give us OGs any pleasure whatsoever. Just the opposite, in fact. They have literally ignored EVERY major problem, suggestion, request, and idea that the good and loyal people on this forum, for nearly three months running, have taken the time to explain, expound, and articulate.

As for the permanence (or not) of the idiotic Colonial Zeds, I recall someone pointing out that that particular addition is actually deeply embedded in the primary code, and so requires invasive surgery to remove. But I'm no tech guy, so I'll just shut the fuck up about that aspect of the matter. But back to this idea of permanence. I'll phrase it thusly: come the next major DLC drop, if UL doesn't include with it fixes to at least half of the big problems we've carped about for the past three months, I'm flushing the cocksucker down the loo and then banishing it from my memory . . . permanently!

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
As for the permanence (or not) of the idiotic Colonial Zeds, I recall someone pointing out that that particular addition is actually deeply embedded in the primary code, and so requires invasive surgery to remove.
Not to fuel the fire, but if it is anything at all like editing the old xml in SoD1, I could literally remove them all in less than one minute. Find/replace.

Find=dumbasscivalwarzombie
ReplaceAll=anyotherzombiefortheloveofallthatisgoodandevil

Results: 10,000 dumbasscivalwarzombie found and replaced.

Secretz

Alamo Rookie
Let's see, where does one begin?

Nothing about the Revolutionary War zeds? Check. Nothing about followers continuing to turn invisible, or just straight-up being dismissed when you switch characters? Check. Nothing about calming their tits with the frequency of the FateCards? Check. Nothing about the asshattery of zeds just waltzing into your base any time they feel like it? Check. Nothing about the BS spawns? Check. Nothing about survivors who are supposed to be giving positive morale boosts being the only ones who are constantly starting fights and dragging morale down? Check. Nothing about enclaves spamming steppin-fetchit and bring-me-this missions? Check. Nothing about phase-shifting and/or invulnerable zeds? Check. Nothing about the ludicrous weapons durability? Check. Nothing about the ridiculous way infestations spawn every thirty seconds, or the way they respawn in the location you just cleared before you've even had the chance to walk away? Check. Nothing about how zeds will lock-on to you from three hundred metres away when you're not moving and not making any noise? Check. Nothing about the infuriating reminders to build more storage space when there is no option to do that? Check.

But I am so glad that they fixed it so the skill book vendor will register more clearly. That was obviously more important than any of those other glaring errors.

Nope. I'm just going to watch this version of the Titanic sink.
If UL could fix half of these...hell, I'll be generous and settle for a third...and I'd be back. Till then, I'm staying on my self imposed hiatus and sticking with less frustrating games.

Kedryn

Rescued Ally
So far I've only seen the two previously reported bugs: the one where mission characters don't spawn and the one where your vehicle is visible but not solid. Leaving the area and returning fixed both of these for me.

Huge amounts of lag.

NPC's still vanishing into thin air.

Revolutionary Zeds by the hundreds!!! (Side note saw and killed my first clown!!!! Holy balls!!!)

Rewards for multiplayer are now far more forth coming!!!

Infinite save glitch happened... and so modded my game. And have been dropping thousands of 5.56; 7.62 and .50 cal ammo. If you guys want send me a message.

Huge amounts of lag.

NPC's still vanishing into thin air.

Revolutionary Zeds by the hundreds!!! (Side note saw and killed my first clown!!!! Holy balls!!!)

Rewards for multiplayer are now far more forth coming!!!

Infinite save glitch happened... and so modded my game. And have been dropping thousands of 5.56; 7.62 and .50 cal ammo. If you guys want send me a message.
Joined some kid's game at random (my mic has been giving me issues and upsetting me) was helpful and did what I could to be good to my host.

Invited him to my world... Christmas, Lunar New Year, Halloween (the candy part), all came early for him. Gave him guns, and ammo, and repair kits, health, parts, practically gave away 1/10th of my total inventory... and when we were done... i quit. And reloaded... the infinite save glitch caused everything to come back!!! So have it ALL again...

First, I'd like to thank you guys for keeping everyone updated and informed on the patches. (y)

Looks like the patch did make some good changes. As with previous patches though, I wonder if it's another two steps forward, three steps back scenario. They still didn't address some of the more needed fixes for the game, getting rid of so many revolutionary war zombies, irritating fate card frequency, incessant infestation spawn and respawn rates, the ridiculous breakdown occurrences of weapons, the inability to actually build your base as you would like, among other things.
I watched Geoff's stream explaining the patch notes and I had to laugh, because he couldn't even demonstrate the changes included through his game play without being attacked continuously in his base by zeds. Another issue which should have been addressed IMO. You need a safe zone around your base and outposts. They did kind of nerf the usefulness of outposts by taking away some influence when you abandon them. Sure they can give you a place to switch out items and characters and provide a small amount of resources or a couple of beds, but I found them more useful as a short term drop off than a long term outpost. If they provided a safe area, as in the first game, you could use against zeds to make your home base more secure that would have been better. As is they don't seem of much real value to me.
I honestly don't think we will see any of these needed corrections because UL/MS doesn't see any problem with the game in its' current state and they aren't really listening to us any more. Again, I hope I am wrong but I don't believe so.
Second, regarding safezones: If it helps, and 3.0 didn't mess it up, the SoD1 outpost strategy's been working for me.

Unlike Home Bases, the zones for Outposts seem to work. The zeds (normally) only appear along the outer perimeter (and sometimes not at all if you're close to center), so wherever you can place an outpost zone over your base, it drastically cuts down wanderers in that area.

Corner-Office-Safe-Zone.jpg

This is the Corner Office in Cascade Hills; the best one I've found. That said, there are other decent ones, like the Police Station in Meagher, that can be mostly or partially secured, and many that are wide open. The buildings near a base tell you how secure you can make it, though I had an experience at Mohr & Mohr Distributing (an isolated base) that appeared to get less traffic than normal.

During this playthrough, my recruits could run around the base and down the street like an obstacle course, all in relative quiet. I even took a moment to enjoy the silence. If you can keep the noise down, you'll have very few encounters at home. Well placed sniper towers also help a lot at some small or mid-sized bases.

safe_zone_2.jpg

Again, like SoD1, works just as well to cover a scavenging area, especially around clusters like strip malls. Just be careful to keep off the edge of the circle.

safe_zone_1.jpg

Also, I've been using this Prima Guide to keep track of base locations and requirements.

Last edited: