Patch 2.1

Briefly took a look at that latest dev stream... How are they still so awful at playing their own game?
It might just be that they're distracted due to having to answer questions and watch chat rather than focusing all their attention on the game. I'd give a less than stellar performance if I had to play and hold conversations at the same time.

It might just be that they're distracted due to having to answer questions and watch chat rather than focusing all their attention on the game. I'd give a less than stellar performance if I had to play and hold conversations at the same time.
Yeah, I second this. My suggestion (to ameliorate substandard performances) is to assign one person to focus exclusively on playing the game, and the other (or others) to field questions. But I get the impression that's not how UL wants to roll on their livestreams; they seem to consciously assume a more laid-back and playful style and demeanor. (Which is at least one of the reasons I've stopped watching them; for one thing, their incessant braying and snorting and giggling -- at EVERYTHING, and therefore at NOTHING -- grates ponderously on the nerves; and for another, their tangents are insipid to the point of being sleep-inducing.)

Last edited:

QMJS

Alamo Rookie
There was a discussion that was similar a while ago, where it was suggested that to them, the game is probably considered more their job, and that it is unlikely that they actually play it all that much. I don't know if I agree, but if so it would explain why they don't do too well, and it could also explain why they don't seem to actually understand what was so good about SOD1.

There was a discussion that was similar a while ago, where it was suggested that to them, the game is probably considered more their job, and that it is unlikely that they actually play it all that much. I don't know if I agree, but if so it would explain why they don't do too well, and it could also explain why they don't seem to actually understand what was so good about SOD1.
Huh. I never actually thought about it in that way. On the surface it's a manifestly counterintuitive proposition.

Which is precisely why it might be correct!

(Though I do recall that Geoffrey, on at least two occasions, mentioned that he'd played SoD 2 for months and months at his home [on a standard X-Box One] during its development. Take from that what you will.)

Kedryn

Rescued Ally
Briefly took a look at that latest dev stream... How are they still so awful at playing their own game? Jokes after barely escaping like 5 plague zombies in a house in broad daylight: "We get a survivor killed in every stream." Is it intentional, or are they really that bad and that explains why the game is so easy? I still haven't lost one of my survivors since the very first night it was released, and that was one who was following me and got stuck and swarmed at the bottom of a cell tower.

(and I should mention that I am at best "adequate" at fast-paced games... I may have been obsessively gaming since the original Super Mario Bros on NES, but I've basically long since given up on competitive MP games after being vote-kicked by my own team enough times, haha)
In the case of Jeff Sult, who was playing in the most recent one, it's because he usually places m&kb and isn't familiar with the xbox controls. And also probably having to actually talk (instead of gamer "uh huh" or "yes dear") and play at the same time.

I definitely don't watch their streams for the l337 gamer skillz. ;)

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
In the case of Jeff Sult, who was playing in the most recent one, it's because he usually places m&kb and isn't familiar with the xbox controls. And also probably having to actually talk (instead of gamer "uh huh" or "yes dear") and play at the same time.

I definitely don't watch their streams for the l337 gamer skillz. ;)
True I use a mouse and keyboard ....it would be hard for me to use a controller lol

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
They're still in game. At this point, I don't really see them anymore. I've trained my eyes to look beyond the tri-point hats and breeches.
Lol All zeds must die no matter what they wear in a effort to confuse us. Bring on the pink tutu wearing zeds and I'll pile their bodies up with all the rest :D

I killed 47K zeds, my game is still bugged. I need to clear my mind before I flip.
Stop getting ahead of me dammit!

27,000 and not played in a couple days cause busy.

Will be madly making .22 seems the best since the nerf my munitions expert gets me 75 atleast.

Love the 150 round AK... my love and joy... double headshots or triple... so much satisfaction.
Especially against Humans...