Patch 2.1

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
any patch that was applied to both PC
Because PC was Steam, they could push updates without any need for MS to be involved. Again, a huge set-back with SoD2 'cause now MS has to sign off on all updates.

While we were testing YOSE, we had multiple updates in one day via Steam. (And, yeah, there were beta-testers for Lifeline and then YOSE, guess my loyalty to ULs has finally disappeared 'cause this was top-secret).

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
Because PC was Steam, they could push updates without any need for MS to be involved. Again, a huge set-back with SoD2 'cause now MS has to sign off on all updates.

While we were testing YOSE, we had multiple updates in one day via Steam. (And, yeah, there were beta-testers for Lifeline and then YOSE, guess my loyalty to ULs has finally disappeared 'cause this was top-secret).
Was wishing they would have did the Steam route for SoD 2 but MS owns it all now so I doubt it will happen til the end of this year at best

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
MS desperately need some game to boost their machine and SOD draw the short straw out of it.
Yeah I was reading about that the other day but I don't own a xbone so wasn't sure what games they have for it. Come to think of it the only thing I've ever bought from MS was a purple rock candy controller to use for some of my games lol

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
I MAY HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION TO THE UNBREAKABLE INFINITE SAVE BUG!!! YESSSSS

So the infinite save bug would save forever and never stop, which leads to never saving at any future time.

What I did was to play for an hour or two and exited without going back into the game, and joined a friend for a good while, then come back.

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
I MAY HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION TO THE UNBREAKABLE INFINITE SAVE BUG!!! YESSSSS

So the infinite save bug would save forever and never stop, which leads to never saving at any future time.

What I did was to play for an hour or two and exited without going back into the game, and joined a friend for a good while, then come back.
But, I notice when I move maps, it happens again, maybe another map.

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
As I got into day 108, Infinite save bug came back, I decided to delete my save, delete the Blue-Ray memory, and Restarted my Xbox, I go back into my day 107 save going into day 108 and it's fine, now I moved to either Cascade Hills or Meagher Valley and all hell breaks loose again.

Kedryn

Rescued Ally
<directed to no one in particular>

According to the most recent UL stream the next patch is going to have some QOL additions. Jeff, not to be confused with Geoff, hinted at inventory sorting (at least that was my interpretation) and of course they couldn't mention any specifics. Jeff also mentioned the patch hopefully coming out next week which caused a brief expression of panic to appear on Geoff's face.

Seeing Geoff panic every time someone says something without MS approval makes me kinda sad.

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
<directed to no one in particular>

According to the most recent UL stream the next patch is going to have some QOL additions. Jeff, not to be confused with Geoff, hinted at inventory sorting (at least that was my interpretation) and of course they couldn't mention any specifics. Jeff also mentioned the patch hopefully coming out next week which caused a brief expression of panic to appear on Geoff's face.

Seeing Geoff panic every time someone says something without MS approval makes me kinda sad.
Based on my experience, MS certification takes at least two weeks. For Geoff to be surprised by a patch going to MS seems odd. He should have known that it was sent a week before and there's still a chance that it will fail cert and get kicked back.

P.S. Jeff>Geoff and can say whatever he wants 'cause he's in direct communication with MS and/or (depending on the wording of the contract) may still be the owner of ULs (assuming that the contract has a future date).

Kedryn

Rescued Ally
Based on my experience, MS certification takes at least two weeks. For Geoff to be surprised by a patch going to MS seems odd. He should have known that it was sent a week before and there's still a chance that it will fail cert and get kicked back.

P.S. Jeff>Geoff and can say whatever he wants 'cause he's in direct communication with MS and/or (depending on the wording of the contract) may still be the owner of ULs (assuming that the contract has a future date).
Geoff wasn't surprised. I think he was more concerned about Jeff saying a patch should be out next week when there are all kinds of things that could cause a delay or rejection of the patch.

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
Microsoft Cert testing should take at most 4-7 Business days, a few short if it is urgent.
That wasn't how it worked when we were testing YOSE. It was easily two weeks after a Steam patch before MS approved an update.
Geoff wasn't surprised. I think he was more concerned about Jeff saying a patch should be out next week when there are all kinds of things that could cause a delay or rejection of the patch.
To be fair, "should be" is an easy to defend statement. Anything can go wrong and "oops, sorry" is an easy excuse.

Rossafur

Rescued Ally
Briefly took a look at that latest dev stream... How are they still so awful at playing their own game? Jokes after barely escaping like 5 plague zombies in a house in broad daylight: "We get a survivor killed in every stream." Is it intentional, or are they really that bad and that explains why the game is so easy? I still haven't lost one of my survivors since the very first night it was released, and that was one who was following me and got stuck and swarmed at the bottom of a cell tower.

(and I should mention that I am at best "adequate" at fast-paced games... I may have been obsessively gaming since the original Super Mario Bros on NES, but I've basically long since given up on competitive MP games after being vote-kicked by my own team enough times, haha)

Last edited: