Paranormal activity

Maltriagon

Alamo Rookie
My parents moved into the house I would grow up in in the early 90's. I came soon after in 93. My mom initially felt uncomfortable with the house. Something felt off to her but over the years she would get used to this feeling and her sense of unease would start to disapate.

Her feelings weren't unwarranted as some strange things did start happening in this house.
It started small as it always seems to with such cases. Something goes missing and you search everywhere for it, suddenly it turns up days later in the most obvious spot you checked several times. The TV turns on by itself. This was a very frequent occurrence in our home. The radio would also do this but less frequently. One thing we would have to keep tabs on was our front door. Sometimes if you were in the right place at the right time you could catch the deadbolt unlocking itself. That was bothersome as every now and then we would wake up to our front door being completely unlocked. Not so safe.

I remember as a kid playing "ghost hunting" with my sister. We would go down into the basement and turn out all the lights. We would start to ask the "ghosts" questions. We would ask for knock in response answers, for example one knock means no and two knocks means yes. I have vivid memories of hearing the tapping on the furnace duct as a response to our questions. Frequent rapping across that metal met as answers to our curiosity. This was just a normal regular game to us. It never occurred to me how strange it was to actually get a response to such a game. Then it could have been my imagination.

There are two instances of extreme paranormal activity within my parents house that i'm going to post here. Please feel free to post any experiences you may also have. I kind of decided to do this in the light of Halloween having just gone by. Thanks for reading.

Maltriagon

Alamo Rookie
That damn bathroom. It always gave me the creeps. It's ironic that the most unsettling thing happened outside of that bathroom and not within it. I used to stay up later than my family playing video games. When I went up the stairs to go to bed I always brushed my teeth. Sometimes it was an oddly unsettling experience. Sitting in that bathroom in the quiet. It always felt like someone was watching you. Like the next time I looked up into that mirror someone would be standing behind me.
Buuuuut I play too many horror games. Anyways like I said this even took place just outside the bathroom and it happened to my sister.

This was a few years before I moved out. I must have been around seventeen at the time. I was getting into weightlifting and had my own set of dumbbells. It was late at night and I decided to get a workout in, in our basement. I had music lightly playing from a stereo and my parents were in bed. My sister had apparently gotten home from a friend's house and was in the bathroom upstairs. Oddly enough I got a call on my cellphone. It was my sister.

"Please... Please come upstairs. You need to come upstairs now." Her voice was in distress and it sounded like she'd been crying. I quickly rushed upstairs. My sister was in the bathroom huddled in the corner of the room. Her face stained with tears.

"What's going on?" I was in complete shock of the random bizarre scene in front of me.
"I thought you were pulling a prank on me. Then I heard your music and realized you were downstairs." My sister spoke.

Apparently while she was in the bathroom getting ready for bed there was a scratching on the door followed by heavy breathing. She stuck her head outside the bathroom and called me an asshole. Then proceeded to close the door again only to have the repeated scratching and breathing be heard against the bathroom door. Once again she flung the door open, getting more irritated with me. She was sure I was messing around with her. When she closed the door again she heard my music coming from the basement and began to panic as the scratching and breathing continued at the door. She became so terrified of what was going on she called me on my cellphone. Apparently that obnoxious scratching continued until I got upstairs. And my sister was a mess. This event had really frightened her.

So that's the first story of paranormal activity within my home. Thanks for reading.

Maltriagon

Alamo Rookie
It's occured to me that the most unsettling things within the house had never really happened to me. I mean tv's turning on by themselves, doors closing on their own was just kind of regular. Not... Regular I guess, but not entirely uncommon. That stuff was just something we dealt with in this home. The stuff that is much more difficult to deal with was pretty rare thankfully.

This one happened to my mom. We had a family member who was very sick with cancer. I never knew him but my mom knew him. Late one night she awoke to my dad standing in the doorway peering at her. Half asleep she expected to hear news of our family members passing. She was certain my dad was waking her to pass this news onto her.

The light in the doorway was very bright as the hallway light was turned on. My mom strained to see my dad in the doorway and asked what the problem was. She then realized that this man she was looking at wasn't her husband at all. It was a stranger she never recognized. Panic took over her as she reached for the bed where my father should have been laying. Only he wasn't there.

My poor mom's heart was in her throat at this point. She was sure her husband had been killed and wasn't sure to the whereabouts of her children. This went through her mind as the man let go of the door and started walking towards her. The door slowly shut sealing my mother in a tomb of darkness.

Then the toilet flushed. The bathroom was right next to my parents room and there was relief at other activity within the home. My father came into the bedroom from using the washroom and my mother was in hysterics.

"Check under the bed! He's here! He's here! Someone is in our bedroom!" My mother screamed. My father trying to make sense of the terrified shrieks my mother was going through in her panic attack as she searched everywhere for the intruder.

After being unable to find anyone it dawned on her that this was a spirit... Of some sort, within the house. She says she will never forget the man's face, but to this day has no idea who he is.

I tried my best to account my mother's story through how she told it to me.

Oddly enough my father was weirded out as soon as he got out of the washroom. He had never turned the hallway light on.

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
God damn man, it's quite weird how I enjoy reading the experiences others have but feel sympathy for them. Assuming y'all moved out, I'm betting it was a relief to be out of that house.

I'm always battling myself and my demons in some way, even if it is stupid. I'll explain.

I am visually impaired (20-100L / 20-60R) and hearing impaired. (Moderate to Severe hearing, I wear hearing aids during waking hours.)

Over my time growing up, I get nightmares as a child because sound was foreign to me and if I don't know what sounds are, I can get spooked. I can see almost as a regular person but still have trouble regardless. I learned ASL at around 3/4 years of age but when I got my hearing aids I spoke. All normal afterwards. When I became more aware of my life in 2009 and so on, I'd notice I get ringing in my ears when I don't have my hearing aids. It was typically a hum but over time can ring louder for a few seconds to a minute on it's own. I shook it off as being hearing impaired and will always live with it. Thankfully it won't wake me in my sleep, it never did.

I absolutely hate fucking silence when I am alone. I will at times think someone is saying my name when they weren't, I can rarely get ringing in my ears even when I have my aids on. Now to my eyes - they are a weird one. I noticed that I would see a silhouette if I look to my side quick enough and see them vanish instantly. I was helping my mom clear the garden and I look to my left looking at the driveway and I see the silhouette walking towards my house behind the wall, I quickly ran to it just for it to be gone - I was pissed at myself.

Nothing really paranormal but myself and my consciousness. I am not afraid to battle my own mind even if I fear it.

How do I deal with my issues, being distracted, playing music, chatting with friends on Xbox Live, and so on. I hope more people can share their experiences, I feel like mine was just a personal issue. (I'll clean this post when I have time.)

Maltriagon

Alamo Rookie
God damn man, it's quite weird how I enjoy reading the experiences others have but feel sympathy for them. Assuming y'all moved out, I'm betting it was a relief to be out of that house.

I'm always battling myself and my demons in some way, even if it is stupid. I'll explain.

I am visually impaired (20-100L / 20-60R) and hearing impaired. (Moderate to Severe hearing, I wear hearing aids during waking hours.)

Over my time growing up, I get nightmares as a child because sound was foreign to me and if I don't know what sounds are, I can get spooked. I can see almost as a regular person but still have trouble regardless. I learned ASL at around 3/4 years of age but when I got my hearing aids I spoke. All normal afterwards. When I became more aware of my life in 2009 and so on, I'd notice I get ringing in my ears when I don't have my hearing aids. It was typically a hum but over time can ring louder for a few seconds to a minute on it's own. I shook it off as being hearing impaired and will always live with it. Thankfully it won't wake me in my sleep, it never did.

I absolutely hate fucking silence when I am alone. I will at times think someone is saying my name when they weren't, I can rarely get ringing in my ears even when I have my aids on. Now to my eyes - they are a weird one. I noticed that I would see a silhouette if I look to my side quick enough and see them vanish instantly. I was helping my mom clear the garden and I look to my left looking at the driveway and I see the silhouette walking towards my house behind the wall, I quickly ran to it just for it to be gone - I was pissed at myself.

Nothing really paranormal but myself and my consciousness. I am not afraid to battle my own mind even if I fear it.

How do I deal with my issues, being distracted, playing music, chatting with friends on Xbox Live, and so on. I hope more people can share their experiences, I feel like mine was just a personal issue. (I'll clean this post when I have time.)
Those sound like just really hard issues to deal with in general. I'm not sure how I would deal with that. I guess you figure out ways when that's been your whole life. Thanks for sharing.
Edit: I'm not sure if having an active imagination would contribute more to what you're experiencing or if that's just really how it is with hearing and vision problems. Like sensory scrambling.

My parents still live in that home. I've been moved out now for many years. I haven't talked to my mom about it in a long time. I should ask if anything like that still happens. At this point they're just so used to it, the little paranormal things don't really bother them.

SrueTavage

Missing Survivor
Back in the early hours of October 30th 2015, I woke up early, and after a bit of laying motionless in my bed like a reptile, I had to piss but my mom was in the shower so I went outside and when I did, all of my cats gone and while I was out there, I got a feeling of being watched and affter doing my thing, I turned around and like 20-30 or so feet from me, I can clearly see what looked like a 4 foot tall light grey almost pure white-colored Humanoid, it had a boney gangly appearance and looked a bit like Golem from Lord of the Rings but either had no face or barley noticeable features or maybe even just the molded outlines of a face like an unpainted model and was compeletly hairless and nude yet it did not have anything that can distinquish it as male or female.

All I knew was that this is the first time I have ever seen some weird paranormal shit and all of those times where I dashed back into my house from the side door while pretending/thinking some flesh-eating gut ripping demon was on my tail paid off. However, I dont think this thing has ever moved at all. The whole time, I just remember it staring at the brick wall that went across the length of my backyard and was compeletly motionless. I told my dad about saying how I might have just thought I thought I saw some weird half human bullshit in the backyard but it turns out it was real as him and mom say the same thing that morning and it freaked the fuck out of my mom and to this day, she hates thinking about it and doesnt want to talk about it which sucks for me because I became super fascinated with this whole thing and from what I heard, she seemed to have been waaay closer to it than I was so she would probably have a better discription of it atleast.

My dad is a pagan and his explanation to where it came from is that due to how close it was to halloween (why I mentioned the exact date) the living and after life has blurred so we where able to see beings. Idk much about this so if any one else here had a similar experience or atleast knows a lot more about this level of super natural stuff than I do, please explain.

(I know this is just a screen shot from an arg video but I am just posting it cause it bares a heavy resembulance to what I saw.)

Maltriagon

Alamo Rookie
Back in the early hours of October 30th 2015, I woke up early, and after a bit of laying motionless in my bed like a reptile, I had to piss but my mom was in the shower so I went outside and when I did, all of my cats gone and while I was out there, I got a feeling of being watched and affter doing my thing, I turned around and like 20-30 or so feet from me, I can clearly see what looked like a 4 foot tall light grey almost pure white-colored Humanoid, it had a boney gangly appearance and looked a bit like Golem from Lord of the Rings but either had no face or barley noticeable features or maybe even just the molded outlines of a face like an unpainted model and was compeletly hairless and nude yet it did not have anything that can distinquish it as male or female.

All I knew was that this is the first time I have ever seen some weird paranormal shit and all of those times where I dashed back into my house from the side door while pretending/thinking some flesh-eating gut ripping demon was on my tail paid off. However, I dont think this thing has ever moved at all. The whole time, I just remember it staring at the brick wall that went across the length of my backyard and was compeletly motionless. I told my dad about saying how I might have just thought I thought I saw some weird half human bullshit in the backyard but it turns out it was real as him and mom say the same thing that morning and it freaked the fuck out of my mom and to this day, she hates thinking about it and doesnt want to talk about it which sucks for me because I became super fascinated with this whole thing and from what I heard, she seemed to have been waaay closer to it than I was so she would probably have a better discription of it atleast.

My dad is a pagan and his explanation to where it came from is that due to how close it was to halloween (why I mentioned the exact date) the living and after life has blurred so we where able to see beings. Idk much about this so if any one else here had a similar experience or atleast knows a lot more about this level of super natural stuff than I do, please explain.

View attachment 3073
(I know this is just a screen shot from an arg video but I am just posting it cause it bares a heavy resembulance to what I saw.)
Yeah that's pretty crazy. I've never seen anything in physical form. Like I said earlier my mom did but I've never experienced such a thing. Worse is what you saw didn't look human so yeah I would probably shit myself and then become obsessed with figuring out what it was. Cool stuff.
There's a channel I just got introduced about. It's probably the craziest spectre video I've ever seen filmed inside a man's house.
... It could be fake but it's a pretty convincing video. The channel itself is all about hauntings in the particular area the man lives. I'll link it later. It's pretty cool stuff!