Other Games Besides State of Decay

osamaclees

Alamo Rookie
wish they'd do an xwing alliance 2 instead
hell i wouldnt even complain if it was set around poe dameron and his elite squadron, being that disney only really wants stuff set in the last 3 timeline
although a return to the classic days of the empire is what id prefer

Clyde

Alamo Rookie
EA Play comes to Xbox Game Pass on November 10th. I'm hoping that part of that date is they wanted a month to sell Star Wars: Squadrons, and that it will be on Game Pass next month. I think that's likely the only way I play it. They haven't announced it will be coming to Game Pass, but that likely would have hurt their sales.

Secretz

Alamo Rookie
Got some bad news for anyone waiting for Cyberpunk 2077...it just got delayed until allegedly December 10th. I fully expect it to be delayed yet again until 2021. :censored:
I should be upset but I'm actually OK with it...gives me more time with Watch Dogs Legion and Assassin's Creed Valhalla, and gives those games a bit more time to shine without the hype tsunami that is Cyberpunk 2077 taking all the attention away from them. :whistle:

QuarantineRoad

Rescued Ally
Got some bad news for anyone waiting for Cyberpunk 2077...it just got delayed until allegedly December 10th. I fully expect it to be delayed yet again until 2021. :censored:
I should be upset but I'm actually OK with it...gives me more time with Watch Dogs Legion and Assassin's Creed Valhalla, and gives those games a bit more time to shine without the hype tsunami that is Cyberpunk 2077 taking all the attention away from them. :whistle:
Ugh...that sucks, but thanks for the heads up. Hard to blame them. After all this hype, I've been dreading what would happen to CD Projekt RED if something goes bad. Likely far worse than No Man's Sky, given the blockbuster budget and being known and trusted for The Witcher. I know Witcher 3 has been the biggest selling point for me. After 7 years, I can't imagine the stress they're under, both in making this thing payoff and not wanting to let their fans down.

Anyway, that's a good way to look at Legion and Valhalla. I was holding out for Cyberpunk, but now I might pick one of those up in the meantime.

Maltriagon

Alamo Rookie
Regarding the Cyberpunk delay. There's a few theories going around. A lot of people are upset and think that this games going to be a huge trainwreck if they're putting in delays even after going gold. If this is the case it definitely won't be out December 10. More delays will come.

I don't believe this to be the case. I think we can expect it on the 10 as this seems to be a very unforseen delay and a fuck up with both their management teams and marketing. I feel bad for their Twitter guy who the day before told someone it was okay to book holidays for the confirmed November 19th release date. Cyberpunk Twitter claimed this officially the day before announcing another delay. So huge fuck up and I understand people's frustration. I mean it punched my soul and I haven't been following it for that long lol.

The best case theory is that this delay is regards in getting it on Stadia. Which was announced October 15. The game went gold October 5. Google may have paid them a large sum of money to get it Stadia ready but it had to release at the same time with all other consoles as per contract. CDPR may have underestimated this task and had to buckle as the damage was done. Another delay is worth what Google is paying for their retarded platform that just needs to die.
I hope this is a true theory. If that's the case I'd be overjoyed and fuck Stadia. Worst case is CDPR is completely unprepared for a current gen console release. That would be a rough go.

Anyways I think the game will be good. I'm very much looking forward to it. It isn't going to be as amazing as it's been hyped, I've definitely kept my expectations lower as I don't want to get caught in the disappointment of wanting a glass too full.

In general I feel bad for everyone excited for the game as well as the company itself for having so much pressure to be fantastic. Here's to hoping December 10 comes without a hitch and the game is received well and found with no game breaking bugs.

QuarantineRoad

Rescued Ally
Quick notice regarding "Watchdogs: Legion": I saw there's a game-breaking bug during one mission (literally called "404") that's causing an overheating related system crash on XBox One X. Even if you don't have an X, you might hold off on playing until the first patch is up. Ubisoft said they're aware of it and hoping to get a hotfix out on the 30th.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

@Maltriagon: Well said on Cyberpunk. I think that's a solid theory, and goes with what SomeRandomGuy said. Like you guys, I also believe it's the devs determined to perfect this thing. But then try perfecting something across 9 different systems with varying hardware. Until I saw the tweet Secretz posted, I had no idea they were having to release on that many platforms. You're right, the pressure on them is crazy. +9000 respect if they pull this off.

And I'm with you on expectations. Mainly I've just convinced myself that I don't really know what it'll be. I keep to the official videos and try to look at it like a next-gen Deus Ex game. If it hits or exceeds that mark, I'll be happy.

Last edited:

odf14

Alamo Rookie
Great Democratic People's Republic of Illinois
Regarding the Cyberpunk delay. There's a few theories going around. A lot of people are upset and think that this games going to be a huge trainwreck if they're putting in delays even after going gold. If this is the case it definitely won't be out December 10. More delays will come.

I don't believe this to be the case. I think we can expect it on the 10 as this seems to be a very unforseen delay and a fuck up with both their management teams and marketing. I feel bad for their Twitter guy who the day before told someone it was okay to book holidays for the confirmed November 19th release date. Cyberpunk Twitter claimed this officially the day before announcing another delay. So huge fuck up and I understand people's frustration. I mean it punched my soul and I haven't been following it for that long lol.

The best case theory is that this delay is regards in getting it on Stadia. Which was announced October 15. The game went gold October 5. Google may have paid them a large sum of money to get it Stadia ready but it had to release at the same time with all other consoles as per contract. CDPR may have underestimated this task and had to buckle as the damage was done. Another delay is worth what Google is paying for their retarded platform that just needs to die.
I hope this is a true theory. If that's the case I'd be overjoyed and fuck Stadia. Worst case is CDPR is completely unprepared for a current gen console release. That would be a rough go.

Anyways I think the game will be good. I'm very much looking forward to it. It isn't going to be as amazing as it's been hyped, I've definitely kept my expectations lower as I don't want to get caught in the disappointment of wanting a glass too full.

In general I feel bad for everyone excited for the game as well as the company itself for having so much pressure to be fantastic. Here's to hoping December 10 comes without a hitch and the game is received well and found with no game breaking bugs.
Or . . . the game is already out, you've already played it, and MilCorp has hacked you to make you forget that and think the game has been delayed for nefarious MilCorp reasons. Just sayin' . . .

Cejao

Zed Hunter
DIVE DEEP INTO C.A.M.P. SHELTERS
76 Banner Shelters 750x300

C.A.M.P. Shelters are a new feature we’re introducing to Fallout 76 with the Steel Dawn Update in December. Each Shelter will offer you an instanced, underground space that’s separate from your main C.A.M.P., which you can build in and decorate to make it feel like home. We recently sat down with Dan Nanni and Aspen Clark from the Fallout 76 Design Team to share a closer look at Shelters with you, and to chat about everything they will bring to the game. Check out our latest Dev Dive video below to learn how you can get started with Shelters on patch day, get details about how Shelters differ from C.A.M.P.s, and catch a few insights from Shelters development.

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
I picked up Star Wars: Squadrons for the Xbox and have been getting into it. Thought I'd post a quick review for the interested.

The game is exclusively first-person, and modes available are campaign, practice, 5v5 dogfights, and fleet battles. Except for dogfights, all can be played offline against the AI. You do need to be connected to earn EXP for unlockables, but, like Battlefront, anything you unlock carries over offline. Most are cosmetic, but there are a handful of alternate weapon and system configurations as well.

The campaign is around 8 hours, and a linear throwback to games like Wing Commander. You play as both the New Republic/Rebels and the Empire, with most of the story and dialog playing out in the cockpit and in a few cutscenes. I'd guess I'm about halfway through and like it so far. Away from combat, all you really do is talk (optional) to a few people before heading to the next briefing.

The story is okay, and I like the characters. Their dialog and reactions can really pull you into the action. My only real criticism is the common interactions away from combat are limited and kind of stilted (IMO, a problem with the presentation, not the voicework or writing), though the vibe really suits the Empire.

The heart of the game is in the gameplay, graphics, and sound, which are great. Once you learn the basics, it feels awesome piloting the ships, and the missions themselves are fairly varied and intense. That said, it's one of those that's "easy to learn, difficult to master". The campaign does its best to teach you and make you feel like "one hell of a pilot", even when you don't entirely know what you're doing. In fleet battles I was getting dusted left and right, even against the "easy" AI. But, I kept going back, and once I got the hang of things, really started to enjoy it. It made the campaign better too since I didn't feel like I was just floating through.

Anyway, if you want to know more, I thought this "Before You Buy" was pretty accurate. If you're unsure, I'd recommend waiting for a price drop. Note: They've already patched the game a couple of times, but I've read about some bugs and balance issues when playing online and on PC. As a solo player on console I haven't run into anything serious.

25% off on Steam, so I picked it up. I did do my due diligence and I think I'm gonna enjoy dusting off my HotasX.

QuarantineRoad

Rescued Ally
25% off on Steam, so I picked it up. I did do my due diligence and I think I'm gonna enjoy dusting off my HotasX.
Hey, cool! I hope you like it! And if you run into any issues, I've seen quite a few guys in the Squadrons subreddit with recommendations and sharing their Hotas setups.

Quick Tip: When you get to it, part of the in-game instruction for "drifting" is a little confusing. You'll want to hit "boost", turn hard, then hit boost again to shut it off and drift. Instead, they say "cut the engines". All I kept doing was slowing down. 😅

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
Hey, cool! I hope you like it! And if you run into any issues, I've seen quite a few guys in the Squadrons subreddit with recommendations and sharing their Hotas setups.
I had already downloaded the Thrustmaster official setup for my particular hotas.
Quick Tip: When you get to it, part of the in-game instruction for "drifting" is a little confusing. You'll want to hit "boost", turn hard, then hit boost again to shut it off and drift. Instead, they say "cut the engines". All I kept doing was slowing down. 😅
Thanks, I've also done quite a bit of research into tips and tricks. I think the customization options are particularly interesting. Will definitely spend some time with that feature.

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
This War of Mine Free to Play Weekend

It's also on sale, the Complete Edition is less than $10usd. Truth, the first time I played this, I was shook (as the kids say). Grim, honest and brutal look at the truth of war. Not the glory that is heaped on the soldiers, but the horrors that face the commoners.

If you haven't played it, I suggest giving it a go this weekend. Free to play until Monday.

Cejao

Zed Hunter
DIVE DEEP INTO C.A.M.P. SHELTERS
76 Banner Shelters 750x300

C.A.M.P. Shelters are a new feature we’re introducing to Fallout 76 with the Steel Dawn Update in December. Each Shelter will offer you an instanced, underground space that’s separate from your main C.A.M.P., which you can build in and decorate to make it feel like home. We recently sat down with Dan Nanni and Aspen Clark from the Fallout 76 Design Team to share a closer look at Shelters with you, and to chat about everything they will bring to the game. Check out our latest Dev Dive video below to learn how you can get started with Shelters on patch day, get details about how Shelters differ from C.A.M.P.s, and catch a few insights from Shelters development.

Last edited: