Other Games Besides State of Decay

QMJS

Zed Hunter
You can set them to offline mode, sort of like steam allows it, but you have to reset that every month or so I think.

It is somewhat hidden, to get to it, you have to go to the store, three dots in the top right where you would go to get updates, then settings, and offline permissions. If you turn that on, theoretically, it will allow your games to run for 30 days while offline.

But... some people have reported issues with it working properly too.

SomeRandomGuy

Alamo Rookie
You can set them to offline mode, sort of like steam allows it, but you have to reset that every month or so I think.

It is somewhat hidden, to get to it, you have to go to the store, three dots in the top right where you would go to get updates, then settings, and offline permissions. If you turn that on, theoretically, it will allow your games to run for 30 days while offline.

But... some people have reported issues with it working properly too.
That wasn't the issue for me, I already had offline permissions enabled. I just tested it to make sure by unplugging my ethernet cable from my computer and it loaded just fine.

But yeah it's a rather convoluted way to access it and I can see a lot of people never even knowing it's there. Then you look at how it's handled with Steam, if you try to load the client while you have no internet connection it just asks if you want to launch in offline mode. GOG still has everything else beat hands down though.

QMJS

Zed Hunter
That wasn't the issue for me, I already had offline permissions enabled. I just tested it to make sure by unplugging my ethernet cable from my computer and it loaded just fine.

But yeah it's a rather convoluted way to access it and I can see a lot of people never even knowing it's there. Then you look at how it's handled with Steam, if you try to load the client while you have no internet connection it just asks if you want to launch in offline mode. GOG still has everything else beat hands down though.
Yeah. I understand why companies include various restrictions and DRM schemes, but every one has some sort of problem. Online checks are better than the old media-based ones though, and way better than dongles. (Mostly old commercial software but there have been a handful of home stuff that tried it.)

osamaclees

Rescued Ally
wow baldurs gate 3 is coming!!!!!!!!!
i cannot wait for that
larian studios doing it, DOS and DOS2 were fantastic but i jope they tone down the silliness for bg3 and also dont screw all the dnd rules
2nd edition still the best edition for CRPGs (IMO), 3rd worked well, dunno about 5th seems weird to me
hopefully its still dnd but i imagine WOTC will be standing over their shoulders with a couple of balors to make sure they dont fuck with the dnd

damn hurry up!!!

Rock33B

Rescued Ally
Rebel Galaxy Outlaw launched this morning.

Been waiting for this one a while and have cleared my day and warned my loved ones that I'll be untouchable and unreachable for the day at the least. Wife will collect on this in the future I'm sure but it's worth it ;-)