Other Games Besides State of Decay

SomeRandomGuy

Zed Hunter
THAT one I don't get. I loved Angry Joe on F-76's shop: "You want me to spend $25 on @Q#$$$$$$%^#$^ BLUE???" That should be free!!!" Ok, I completely understand the desire for customization, but I have no intention of spending any real money on decorations for anything that doesn't really exist.

I already gave (game dev/publisher) a few dozen dollars to purchase, why on earth would I give them any extra for a different wavelength in pixel output? It doesn't change any gameplay or give me any options. It's just a coat of paint.
Yeah, exactly. You know how skins and such used to be acquired? By playing the damn game and earning them from quests, crafting them, reaching a certain level, or participating in events. Now it's nothing but a pathetic cash grab. I refuse to support any dev that sinks so low, and believe me there are several games I really wanted to play that I said "fuck that" and passed on once I found out they were loaded with trash "DLC" like that.

And then we have games like Deus Ex Mankind Divided that go a step further on the trash trail. I wanted to play it after how good Human Revolution was, but then I saw all the "DLC" that was consumable one use items and I said "fuck that".

QMJS

Zed Hunter
And then we have games like Deus Ex Mankind Divided that go a step further on the trash trail. I wanted to play it after how good Human Revolution was, but then I saw all the "DLC" that was consumable one use items and I said "fuck that".
It was a decent game, but way shorter than it should have been. You didn't need any of that stuff though, so it isn't necessary to get any of it.

Rock33B

Rescued Ally
Finished Heartland and was less than impressed. Just got Kingdom Come: Deliverance and started that up today. Looks like this game will suck my soul for a few weeks at least. Lol.

SomeRandomGuy

Zed Hunter
It was a decent game, but way shorter than it should have been. You didn't need any of that stuff though, so it isn't necessary to get any of it.
Oh I know none of it's necessary, it's just the principle of the thing. I mean.....seriously, inflating the price of the season pass by adding DLC consisting of a couple weapon skins and some consumables that are single use? If they were at least available once per playthrough it would be one thing, but one time only items that cost real money IN A SINGLE PLAYER GAME?

Burn in hell, eidos.

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
back onto pool of radiance
all these flash new games and a little grid and icon game from 1988 kicks thier ass

got the gold box companion too so i can have paladin and rangers in POR. now i can take my party through all 4 games

god damn heroes
TSR/SSI games were some of my all-time favorites. I may not play them anymore, but they hold a special place in my heart and mind.

SomeRandomGuy

Zed Hunter
back onto pool of radiance
all these flash new games and a little grid and icon game from 1988 kicks thier ass

got the gold box companion too so i can have paladin and rangers in POR. now i can take my party through all 4 games

god damn heroes
TSR/SSI games were some of my all-time favorites. I may not play them anymore, but they hold a special place in my heart and mind.
Definitely. I still have my gold box games, complete with gold boxes. I even have both Buck Rogers games. All of them on 3.5 floppies so it's not like I can actually do anything with them anymore, but eh. Nostalgia. If I really want to play them again they're just a few $ on GOG.

SomeRandomGuy

Zed Hunter
I loved that game! IMO, so underrated and under-appreciated.
I didn't think Matrix Cubed was quite as good as Countdown to Doomsday, but they were both still really good. Thinking about it I actually have Countdown to Doomsday on a Genesis cart. I remember being able to cheese the space battles by staying at long range and just using the K-Cannons, the enemy ships wouldn't close in so they were easy kills, even the large ones.

osamaclees

Rescued Ally
ive got an amiga emulator with all the gold box games including buck rogers, darksun, krynn series, savage frontier series, menzobenzen, unlimited adventures, and ofcourse pools series. plus all the eye of beholders, dungeon master, dungeon hack, bloodwych, black crypt etc etc etc
still play these games alot

playing on pc with gog downloads though as dont have the emulator at work, and POR is a pain to play on emulator purely because theres no load option in game so when save scumming for HP have to completely exit and restart and its not as fast as the pc version. other games in the series are fine.
also in amiga its spacebar to move and spacebar to stop moving and if you happen to push enter (its enter in all other games) instant software failure.

shame as the graphics are considerably better on amiga and i miss the POR sound track on intro and camping so much

anyways just about to enter valhagen graveyard, fucken wights i hate wights.................

osamaclees

Rescued Ally
ive got plenty of floppy a drives, got the classic old fashioned IDE internal ones, plenty of my PCs have them and whenever i build a new PC i still chuck a floppy A in :)
i got too much stuff on floppies to not heh

dont need for the gold box games though as i have an emulator to run on windows and a full library of amiga games as .adf files
also have pretty much all the gold box games in the forgotten realms pack on cd and own them all on gog

even have an amiga with second disk drive and all the games on floppy but unfortunately amiga hasnt worked for a fari while, will have to pull apart and see if i can fix, but in reality i can just play any amiga game through WINUAE even

if anyone needs the kick rom for this emulator i can send

SomeRandomGuy

Zed Hunter
So I picked up Middle Earth: Shadow of War on steam during the summer sale. Fun game and all that, but I just can't stop laughing at some of the Orc names. Particularly "Dûsh", which is pronounced "douche". Every time I find one with that name I send a death threat just so I can hear Talion say something about him at the start of the mission, it's hilarious when the line is "It was never going to end well for you, Dûsh ."

Some of the titles are funny as hell too, like "Worm-Licker" and "Dung Collector"

Cejao

Alamo Rookie
Oh I know none of it's necessary, it's just the principle of the thing. I mean.....seriously, inflating the price of the season pass by adding DLC consisting of a couple weapon skins and some consumables that are single use? If they were at least available once per playthrough it would be one thing, but one time only items that cost real money IN A SINGLE PLAYER GAME?

Burn in hell, eidos.
I spent $30 in Praxis Points right after I got my skills unlocked. (reset) I bought a ton of the upgrades and then saved the game there and made another save game and kept playing the second save and using the first as a "checkpoint" so that when I want to play again, I can have the stuff already unlocked.

Gmutant

Zed Hunter
Anybody got WWZ? Anybody interested in playing WWZ?

The latest patch nerfed the holy fuck out of the AI Bots. I need human assistance to play anything past 3 skulls.

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
Just a heads up there are a lot of game deals on amazon prime for prime day. I picked up fallout 76 tricential edition for 25 bucks (the regular edition is 17) Today is the last day for prime day (prime day is actually 2 days)

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
I have, and yes AI sucks now. Im still trying to level up classes and guns.
Thankfully I did this before Patch, some Insane missions were on fucking crack. I still need to do multiplayer and campaign classes as well as completing 100 PvE missions

On a side note of achievements
Burnout Paradise 360 will have their servers shut down.
Xbox one Burnout Paradise will be okay for now until they announce shutdowns.