Other Games Besides State of Decay

osamaclees

Rescued Ally
I thought DA2 was supposed to be the crap one?
I didn’t play that either.

So I shouldn’t even bother?
i really enjoyed DA2, dont know why it got so much hate
and it even has a saucy pirate wench

DAI i couldnt stand it, but each to our own so not sure if you should or not. many many people seem to like it but i would say if you are a big fan of DAO dont put yourself through the pain

i would say its to dragon age what fallout 4 is to fallout except much much worse (IMO)

Dantron

Rescued Ally
I thought DA2 was supposed to be the crap one?
I didn’t play that either.
The major complaints about the game were:

1. The main character is a specific human (though either gender is playable), which was disappointing when compared to the six origins from the previous game.
  2. The main story was not as epic or world-shaking** as the stories from O & I. A very good story, just smaller in scope.
  3. Many of the dungeons used the same maps with a few minor variations to represent different areas.
  4. Choices in the game have minimal impact to the story, especially when a THING happens near the end of the game. This THING is unavoidable, even if all the choices the player has made would make that THING less likely to occur.
Dantron was not really bothered by any of the above. :)

That DLC, though...

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
I hate how gaming these days has a permanent end life at the sole discretion of the developer, "games as a service" is a plague. Here is a very interesting youtube video on how its actually fraud. Even if you don't agree with it, it still is Art/Creative Experiences lost forever due to greed and/or negligence:

Games as a Service is Fraud
To the point of GaaS, the Library of Congress made exceptions last year to allow for game archival of online games that are no longer playable due to publisher/developer decisions.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/public-inspection.federalregister.gov/2018-23241.pdf

On-topic, I was playing Division 2 daily with WayneGSG and SonnyJim but then they removed the login daily for 14 days a month for a year bit and honestly, it was the most encouraging thing to login. Then they released the first raid with no matchmaking claiming it was too difficult to do with randoms, then the PC players found out how to beat the entire thing in 26 minutes which is faster than most regular missions.

I also played through Far Cry New Dawn, enjoyed most of the story except for the ending, by the time I got there I was so sick of the cutscenes and the last one isn't skippable at all what the hell!!!

So now I've gone back to my relaxing games of Epic Tavern (easy to idle play) and Goblins of Elderstone (goblin tribe simulator).

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
Not sure if I ever *thanked you for introducing me to this one. It's fun and can be really zen at times. Just wish they updated more frequently.

Thanks! :beerpint:
They are actually working on an update currently, unstable should hit next week (fingers crossed) as they did a huge rewrite of one of the systems and it's been generating wheelbarrows worth of bugs.

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
On World War Z, I am currently needing to unlock all perks for all classes, a lot of Ingame currency to grind! I need to win 100PvE Matches, another speedrun grind. Just beat my last three missions on insane! Then World War Z should be 100%

Metal Gear Survive will require a lot of Endgame grinding for the 100% completions, I somewhat enjoyed it despite it not being Hideo Kojima’s game.

Halo 3 and Reach are almost done as is.

Gears of War 4 will be a pain but I at least got the event achievements for skins that will probably never show up again.

Call of Duty Black Ops 3 is mostly campaign grinding and zombies achievements.

Dead Rising 2 is something I need to do after I complete one of these titles.

Why do I Achievement Hunt? Because I feel accomplished after 100% the game!

osamaclees

Rescued Ally
does anyone have borderlands 1 enhanced on xbox?

if so can anyone confirm whether you need xbox gold account for friends to save their progress on local co-op?

the old non-enhanced version of borderlands is backwards compatible on the bone but unlike on 360 have to have a gold account for other people to be able to save their progress (otherwise they just guests) evem when plaing local co-op

cant find any info on this? (no info on borderlands old school either but as i have that already i know) as in if so it woll be a pointless purchase for me

Secretz

Alamo Rookie
So I've taken a small break from The Division 2, Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Days Gone to play a couple of games that are almost under the radar but really shouldn't be missed; Void Bastards and The Outer Wilds.

Void Bastards: Take the art style of Borderlands, add the gameplay of XIII, Death Road to Canada and FTL, and put it in space, and basically you have this game. Very addictive gameplay loop, I'm always wanting to make one more warp jump to explore one more ship. Also, some of the traits your randoms get rolled with make some interesting changes to the game, like get a character who has dwarfism and your POV is lower to the ground and you no longer have to duck (also your character in the character portrait can't be seen because they're too short to photograph), roll a character who smokes and they'll cough randomly which will alert enemies or get a colorblind character and they'll see the entire game in black and white.

The Outer Wilds reminds me of the movies Interstellar and Groundhogs Day, and the gameplay is a light-hearted, nonstressful mix of planet exploration, puzzle solving, mystery deciphering and spaceship piloting. Well, nonstressful for the most part... :censored:

Prepare to die in both games...like, a lot. In fact, in The Outer Wilds, until you solve the game's mystery and get to the end of the game, no matter how well you play you're absolutely guaranteed to die at least every 20 minutes because of a certain integral plot device. The good thing is the gameplay is so fun, you won't mind (well, at least not too much)

LiNanMian1984

Alamo Rookie
So I've taken a small break from The Division 2, Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Days Gone to play a couple of games that are almost under the radar but really shouldn't be missed; Void Bastards and The Outer Wilds.

Void Bastards: Take the art style of Borderlands, add the gameplay of XIII, Death Road to Canada and FTL, and put it in space, and basically you have this game. Very addictive gameplay loop, I'm always wanting to make one more warp jump to explore one more ship. Also, some of the traits your randoms get rolled with make some interesting changes to the game, like get a character who has dwarfism and your POV is lower to the ground and you no longer have to duck (also your character in the character portrait can't be seen because they're too short to photograph), roll a character who smokes and they'll cough randomly which will alert enemies or get a colorblind character and they'll see the entire game in black and white.

The Outer Wilds reminds me of the movies Interstellar and Groundhogs Day, and the gameplay is a light-hearted, nonstressful mix of planet exploration, puzzle solving, mystery deciphering and spaceship piloting. Well, nonstressful for the most part... :censored:

Prepare to die in both games...like, a lot. In fact, in The Outer Wilds, until you solve the game's mystery and get to the end of the game, no matter how well you play you're absolutely guaranteed to die at least every 20 minutes because of a certain integral plot device. The good thing is the gameplay is so fun, you won't mind (well, at least not too much)
Got Void Bastards on just your review...

Fun, but repetitive... like in SoD2 level of fetch this for this enclave (there just for the boss computer dude) need 4 more achievements and then done... 3 more play throughs... have the foon. And completed that play through.

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
I got goosebumps watching this one. I so want it to be another KOTOR-esque game.

Looks like E3 will also provide more info for the upcoming Borderlands 3. YAY!

Cyberpunk 2077 has a spot at E3, even though it's been pushed back to a 2020 release. I think I've waited about a decade for this game now. :cautious:

Secretz

Alamo Rookie
I got goosebumps watching this one. I so want it to be another KOTOR-esque game.

Looks like E3 will also provide more info for the upcoming Borderlands 3. YAY!

Cyberpunk 2077 has a spot at E3, even though it's been pushed back to a 2020 release. I think I've waited about a decade for this game now. :cautious:
The word is Fallen Order is supposed to be more along the lines of the Force Unleashed games and less like KOTOR.
While I have a pretty good idea what Borderlands 3 is all about, I'd still like to see the other two characters in action and maybe hear about what they have planned for in the future.
As for Cyberpunk 2077, the good news is there will be new gameplay at E3. The bad news is it will only be the developers playing and won't be open for the public to take a crack at it, which probably means it's not ready for release this year, as a lot of people were hoping, so prepare to wait for at least one more year. :(