Other Games Besides State of Decay

SomeRandomGuy

Alamo Rookie
Yep. The two main complaints were: 1) there isn't enough ammo to kill everything and 2) the Tyrant (aka Mr. X) can't be killed.

I shit you not.

Also, there is a difficulty slider, easy doubles the ammo drops and gives you health regeneration. Not sure if I remember whether these people are using the toggle, but these fucking noobs are the type of people that ruined Resident Evil in the first place (RE4 through 6 and the God awful movies).
It's what ruins every game when devs or publishers start listening to whiners.

Julia Faye

Rescued Ally
Yep. The two main complaints were: 1) there isn't enough ammo to kill everything and 2) the Tyrant (aka Mr. X) can't be killed.

I shit you not.

Also, there is a difficulty slider, easy doubles the ammo drops and gives you health regeneration. Not sure if I remember whether these people are using the toggle, but these fucking noobs are the type of people that ruined Resident Evil in the first place (RE4 through 6 and the God awful movies).
Have you played it on normal or hardcore? I have yet to finish even a normal playthrough because of the lack of ammo and the fact that every enemy is a bullet sponge. It seems they want you to just bob and weave the basic bitch zombies and save all the ammo for the bosses. Which I find irritating because I'm a terrible completionist and there's no way to dodge or wiggle out when grappled, you have to take the bite/damage or use up a defensive item which really don't go far if you get grabbed a bunch because you can't afford to actually kill the damn zombies.

On the other hand I feel like some of the people complaining didn't even play the original. You couldn't kill Mr. X then either. :LOL: Plus I found hearing him stomping around and busting through doors exhilarating. Never know if he's found you or if he's a floor above.

Secretz

Alamo Rookie
Started playing The Division 2 Private Beta today...man, I wish the guys that do world design for Ubisoft games, especially The Division series, would do an open world zombie game. They already got the world down, did a pretty good job with survival with their Survival dlc...just need to add in the zombies.

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie
Have you played it on normal or hardcore? I have yet to finish even a normal playthrough because of the lack of ammo and the fact that every enemy is a bullet sponge. It seems they want you to just bob and weave the basic bitch zombies and save all the ammo for the bosses. Which I find irritating because I'm a terrible completionist and there's no way to dodge or wiggle out when grappled, you have to take the bite/damage or use up a defensive item which really don't go far if you get grabbed a bunch because you can't afford to actually kill the damn zombies.

On the other hand I feel like some of the people complaining didn't even play the original. You couldn't kill Mr. X then either. :LOL: Plus I found hearing him stomping around and busting through doors exhilarating. Never know if he's found you or if he's a floor above.
I've yet to complete my first run of the game also. I just don't feel the love for this adaptation like I do for the original. So, I actually haven't even played the game in like, 2 weeks.

I started a normal game with Leon and I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna start over because I've been dispatching zombies left and right.

I've made it to the NEST (obvious reference to the HIVE or underground lab from the God awful live action movies) and all I've got left ammo-wise is 2 shells in the shotgun, 19 rounds in the pistol, 10 magnum cartridges and a metric fuck ton of flamethrower fuel.

So...I'm sitting pretty thin, especially considering that I'll be facing poison inducing plant zombies, super lickers and at least 2 boss fights that I know of coming up.

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
I'm probably 15 hours into the Closed Beta now on Division 2 and still enjoying it. Only 2 main missions and I think 4 side missions available, but they also opened up the Specializations preview (level 30 builds) with a mission purely for it. I'm spending most of the time now running the two main missions and doing the Dark Zone solo just to get a feel for it all.

Plus...the audio recordings are still the best part of the franchise.

Julia Faye

Rescued Ally
I've yet to complete my first run of the game also. I just don't feel the love for this adaptation like I do for the original. So, I actually haven't even played the game in like, 2 weeks.

I started a normal game with Leon and I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna start over because I've been dispatching zombies left and right.

I've made it to the NEST (obvious reference to the HIVE or underground lab from the God awful live action movies) and all I've got left ammo-wise is 2 shells in the shotgun, 19 rounds in the pistol, 10 magnum cartridges and a metric fuck ton of flamethrower fuel.

So...I'm sitting pretty thin, especially considering that I'll be facing poison inducing plant zombies, super lickers and at least 2 boss fights that I know of coming up.
Yeah, I'm stuck on Claire in the sewer in the second fight against William. Kind of hard to stun him with 2 acid rounds and a handful of handgun bullets. And I hear you on the lickers, those things are annoying and take inconsistent damage. I've hit one with a direct hit with a flame round, died instantly. Meanwhile the next one takes 3 direct hits and 5 handgun bullets. :cautious:

I haven't played it in a week or so either. I figure I won't be able to do the harder difficulties until I unlock some of the infinite ammo guns and the unbreakable combat knife. But I really am having a hard time finding the motivation to actually do that.

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
That's on my wishlist, RE2 Remake. I had enough Steam cash to buy it, but I bought The Sims 3 instead, and several DLC's as they were all pretty cheap. I'll wait for a sale, as AUD$89.95 is highway robbery, IMO.

Back when I had XCom EU and Civ 5 on my wishlist I was waiting for sales as their prices, each, were stupid. Then I was in JB Hifi and spotted both of them in a pack for AU$20 or so. So, $10 each. Bargain! I never buy PC games in Australia in stores as they are stupid expensive. Steam's getting that way, but they have more games and sales often, so that's a plus. Stores here are all about the consoles, ugh. We're lucky to have one shelf of PC games in K-Mart, for example. Usually it's wall to wall XBox, PS4 and whatever else there is these days. /rant

I guess I could pull out my old PSX and play the original RE2 :LOL:
But, it's in storage and I'd have to get past a couch, 2 chairs, a dryer and a fridge just to find them.
I'll wait for a 75% off sale, lol. Might be a while for that one.

Rock33B

Rescued Ally
Holy Balognae! A new Rebel Galaxy???! I just spent the better part of an hour and a half watching the walkthrough by a dev and reading about it. #RebelGalaxyOutlaw looks fantastic! I was a big fan of the first game. Thanks for the heads up @Rebel36 🆒🆒