Other Games Besides State of Decay

Julia Faye

Rescued Ally
So I finally got around to trying out God of War, the highly acclaimed PS4 game that people said would change my gaming life forever. I started it on Friday...went back to AC Odyssey and played that all day Saturday. :censored:
I had a similar experience with The Witcher 3. I bought it on black Friday because literally everyone I've talked to ever just sucks that games dick so hard I thought it must be good.

I played maybe an hour of it before quitting and playing Skyrim. I will say it has amazing hair physics though. Everyone is always standing in hero wind. :sneaky:

I had a similar experience with The Witcher 3. I bought it on black Friday because literally everyone I've talked to ever just sucks that games dick so hard I thought it must be good.

I played maybe an hour of it before quitting and playing Skyrim. I will say it has amazing hair physics though. Everyone is always standing in hero wind. :sneaky:
They both have their strengths and weaknesses. Skyrim was wonderful for exploration and losing oneself in an immersive wilderness. While the Witcher has the substantially better story and arguably superior fighting mechanics though that bit is going to be down to personal preference.

OT: Outside my on again off again relationship with SoD2, I've been playing a bit of both City Skylines and Epic Tavern.

Rebel36

Rescued Ally
Haven't played SOD2 for several months. Been playing RDR2. Completed the main single player campaign twice and doing online on and off. Just waiting for them to add some more content but even with that I won't be playing quit as much. Played AC Odyssey some. Beautiful game. Stopped playing it for RDR2. May go back to it again. Looking forward to trying Rebel Galaxy Outlaw when it comes out and also Dawn of Man on the PC when it's released in March. I may even give SOD2 another go. It just frustrates me so much that I can't really enjoy it anymore. Sad thing is that I thought it would be the game I would place above all the others and play the most. I consider it "the game that should have been". Maybe someday it will become that game.

Last edited:

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
I'm back in Fallout 4. Still on the 1.9 patch and so many people on the Nexus forums assume you're using a pirated copy because you have no interest in updating :rolleyes:
There's a few mods I'd like but can't have due to not being updated. One's a gun the other is the MCM menu and update Sim Settlements. But, I can live without them.
I don't have the disk space for the unwanted CC stuff and my game is running just fine. I don't have time right now to troubleshoot new issues. I'm moving house in a week and not sure when I'd be able to play anything afterwards.
As long as I have my most important things with me, that's all that matters - my PC, my bed and my car 😁

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie
RE2 REMAKE IS OUT IN LIKE A WEEK AND I AM SO FUCKING EXCITED EVERYONE MOVE
I'm on the opposite end of the hype spectrum with RE2.

It looks visually impressive, but everything that I've read and seen tells me that I would absolutely hate what they've done.

Quite possibly the biggest letdown was the fact that the developers themselves admitted to making a build of the game in the classic camera style and chose to completely remove it from the game. Not even available as an unlockable, just completely not present in the game.

:mad:

Not playing but I did check out their website and immediately saw this:

"The Miscreated team is built of developers that started in the industry by modding some of our favorite games – including the Crysis series by Crytek. We are currently investigating adding modding support to Miscreated, including Steam Workshop integration."

Mod support can add longevity to a game for sure. The ability to make a game exactly how you want it to be speaks volumes.

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
Anyone played/playing Miscreated ?

Looking for a decent zombie game and this looked like something I'd try.

Open world PVE and PVP that came out of alpha last month.
WILL THIS GAME BE MULTI-PLAYER ONLY OR WILL THERE BE A SINGLE PLAYER MODE EVENTUALLY?
It is multi-player only, there is no plans for a single player version of the game.
Nope, I'm out.

I'm curious how they expect to have both a multiplayer only game, with PVP... and mod support. That will not work.
Most ways I’ve seen multiplayer handle mods is to just ensure all players have the same mods, same versions. However logging out, getting the mods, logging back in and hoping that server still has space? Yeah.
They’ll probably keep mods lightweight and minor enough to be applied in the lobby or something like that?
If they can figure it out then credit to them but I can’t bring myself to consider buying multiplayer only games.

QMJS

Alamo Rookie
From what I saw, the game is server based, so if my server has mods they'd be available to all players in my world. At least, that's my theory.
I suppose that could work, but I would think that would cause really long load times as it checks and then transfers that data to the player. Even purely cosmetic stuff would have to send the graphical elements to the player's machine.

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
I suppose that could work, but I would think that would cause really long load times as it checks and then transfers that data to the player. Even purely cosmetic stuff would have to send the graphical elements to the player's machine.
It was relatively fast for Day of Defeat's servers. I used to be in several servers that were heavily modded. Even modded maps were only ~30s on the basic cable connection in the early '00s.

With the speed increases, it should still be relatively fast to get in, though that also depends on if HD/4K textures are required by the mods, I suppose.