Other Games Besides State of Decay

SomeRandomGuy

Alamo Rookie
Oh for fucks sake.....I knew bethesda was trash but this is a new low. The shittastic responses several people got when they contacted customer support about it was like taking the cake and eating it too, then taking a cake shaped dump and trying to pass that off as the actual cake.

RE Bethesda, I have only played Skyrim. I own Oblivion and FO NV, 3, and maybe 4 (gifts). At this point, I'm afraid any enjoyment I might have with these will be overshadowed by my knowledge that Bugthesda is just a sloppy, mediocre company with a decent art portfolio and good charisma.

What the flaming bag of dog shit left on someone's front porch is this? If the bag thing was a new low, this has just jackhammered it into the bedrock underneath. "Hi guys, we've resolved the issue." If THAT is really their only response.....

RE Bethesda, I have only played Skyrim. I own Oblivion and FO NV, 3, and maybe 4 (gifts). At this point, I'm afraid any enjoyment I might have with these will be overshadowed by my knowledge that Bugthesda is just a sloppy, mediocre company with a decent art portfolio and good charisma.
Yeah I'm pretty sure the cesspool spreading out in all directions from FO76 is well on it's way to ruining whatever charisma bethesda may have had left after the septic disaster that is the creation club.

Bethesda GS get's a lot of mentions for having lots of bugs, and while their games do generally have a lot of bugs they are far from the worst. I'm not saying the complaints are invalid though.

I loved all of the games you mentioned but going from Skyrim to Oblivion or FO NV/3 without mods would probably cause some frustration due to missing features. Graphics would also be a significant downgrade.
That said NV is worth playing as it's a much better RPG than even Skyrim & FO 4 but it was developed by Obsidian and published by Bethesda Softworks. The only thing I didn't like going from FO3 to NV was the world felt too happy and generally less interesting than the DC map in 3.

Fallout 4 is enjoyable but there's a heavy focus on building your own settlements unless you're happy leaving like 25 locations empty. The worst part is practically all opportunities to role play are gone, the main story and DLCs do not really support anything besides being the good guy, except the last DLC Nuka World where you have to be bad or skip most of the story. This problem isn't only with FO4 though as since Morrowind the role playing freedom has been progressively stripped out, FO4 being the most affected. I don't think that makes them bad games it's just wasted frustration and it breaks the immersion when you get forced back into being good.

I find the timing of this announcement and all the trailers highly amusing. It's almost like they were waiting..
I do enjoy Bethesda games, even Fallout 76. While the story is beyond salvage, I do enjoy playing with my wife. That said, I do enjoy the subtle jabs at Bethesda, a taste of sweet revenge for the unpaid bonuses on New Vegas. 20120142_8_479_597.jpg

Erudain

Alamo Rookie
With the train wreck that's Fo76 I imagine Obsidian marketing team laughing and waiting for the right time to announce the game.

** insert Braveheart scene **
FO76: bugfest, server disconnects, not fun
Obsidian Marketing: "HOLD!"
FO76: shitty customer support, "we are not going to fix this, deal with it"
Obsidian marketing: "HOOLD!"
FO76: nylon bags for canvas bags, material shortage, here's $5 buy yourself a drink
Obsidian marketing: "HOOOOOLD!"
FO76: leaks customers data
Obsidian marketing: "NOOOOOW!!!!!!"

I'm hoping for another companion / quest like Boone from New Vegas. The revenge gig is irresistible to me. Showing up at the Legion fort on hardcore mode, cleaning house with Boone in tow. I replayed NV half a dozen times just for his quest.