Other Games Besides State of Decay

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
I saw and got that yesterday. Reading through the info on the site and I still don't have a clue what type of game it is. Is it only multiplayer, or like Diablo 3 where you can play by yourself but have the option to connect to multiplayer?

SomeRandomGuy

Alamo Rookie
I'm not sure, I know it's multiplayer but no idea if there's a single player mode or not. I haven't played it yet myself, got plenty of other games to keep me busy.

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
RDR2 has some maddeningly annoying things

The auto save sucks. It autosaves AFTER you die. If you die in non mission combat you lose money. Supposedly its a percentage of how much you have. So when you die you lose money then the game auto saves so you can't go back to a more recent save. I died a few times in a row before I noticed this. I ended up having to reload a manual save and lost 30 minutes of game time.

When you die because of an animal attack you don't lose any money (at least none that I've noticed) but you lose all your horse cargo. I was out hunting perfect pelts for crafting. On my way back to camp I ran in to a random encounter. I followed the guy who was hunting a bear. I was lining up a headshot from the side and the hunter shoots and misses. The bear turns and runs right at me killing me in one shot. Lost 4 perfect pelts. I lost more after being kicked to death by a horse. It is really annoying spending so much time hunting for stuff you need only to lose it because of some random bullshit. (like a NPC stopping and turning their horse in the road causing your horse to throw you off and tumble down a cliff)

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
I saw and got that yesterday. Reading through the info on the site and I still don't have a clue what type of game it is. Is it only multiplayer, or like Diablo 3 where you can play by yourself but have the option to connect to multiplayer?
I'm not sure, I know it's multiplayer but no idea if there's a single player mode or not. I haven't played it yet myself, got plenty of other games to keep me busy.
Multiplayer only. You can play solo or join others in the free roam in the worlds and open world events. Missions themselves are done solo unless you invite others to play with you. Every world is locked until you progress through the storyline.

If you pick it up and start to enjoy it, I've got the base game and the Hivemind expansion (I think?). I skipped the 1st expansion since it's not necessary to get the +10 levels and to play the latest expansion (at the time, it was Hivemind). I haven't played since hitting level 30 on 3-4 characters, but I'd run it again if someone wants to co-op it.

SomeRandomGuy

Alamo Rookie
Multiplayer only. You can play solo or join others in the free roam in the worlds and open world events. Missions themselves are done solo unless you invite others to play with you. Every world is locked until you progress through the storyline.

If you pick it up and start to enjoy it, I've got the base game and the Hivemind expansion (I think?). I skipped the 1st expansion since it's not necessary to get the +10 levels and to play the latest expansion (at the time, it was Hivemind). I haven't played since hitting level 30 on 3-4 characters, but I'd run it again if someone wants to co-op it.
I'll give it a try then, I'm always up for some co-op as long as the game itself is fun.

Christmas

Alamo Rookie
My only comment on RDR2 is I saw a group of KKK members accidentally set themselves on fire, and it was wonderful.

10/10 GOTY

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
My only comment on RDR2 is I saw a group of KKK members accidentally set themselves on fire, and it was wonderful.

10/10 GOTY
Are you sure they were KKK? I saw them too I thought they were more of a religious cult since I ran in to a seemingly homeless preacher standing in a dirty robe in a river babbling about something crazy

Liamypoo

Rescued Ally
Are you sure they were KKK? I saw them too I thought they were more of a religious cult since I ran in to a seemingly homeless preacher standing in a dirty robe in a river babbling about something crazy
Idk starting a bar fight while pissed and then it cuts to Arthur line dancing with them all was a joy to play. Rockstar games always have flaws with gameplay and gun control but after adjusting them to be smoother RDR is truly something to behold. It's so fun,

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
Frostpunk is 27% off on Steam. Not an amazing discount, but it's from the makers of This War of Mine and that game hit me in the feels more than any other game in recent history.

Christmas

Alamo Rookie
I'm fairly certain. White Robe + Burning Cross + Talks of initiation = KKK.

Frostpunk is 27% off on Steam. Not an amazing discount, but it's from the makers of This War of Mine and that game hit me in the feels more than any other game in recent history.
This war of mine is one of the hardest games I've ever played.

To this day I still haven't accomplished a play through that left me feeling satisfied... each time you end up just feeling awful about the things you did. The things you had to do. The people you hurt, or that got hurt because of you.

Secretz

Alamo Rookie
Jesus, they're just literally giving it away any chance they get. When I pre-ordered AC: Odyssey at Best Buy, they gave me a free copy, and then gave another one when I pre-ordered Red Dead Redemption 2. I get the feeling they're testing out a pseudo "freemium" plan for future games, or more accurately, using the technique drug dealers are supposed to use. Give the people a free taste, in this case the limited base game, and then bleed them dry with future sales, in Destiny 2's case, the DLCs. o_O

So, guess what's been released recently?

Awesome trailers, but the gameplay? Well, so far it doesn't look so good for anyone that wasn't looking for a Payday mod with zombies. :cautious:

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
Jesus, they're just literally giving it away any chance they get. When I pre-ordered AC: Odyssey at Best Buy, they gave me a free copy, and then gave another one when I pre-ordered Red Dead Redemption 2. I get the feeling they're testing out a pseudo "freemium" plan for future games, or more accurately, using the technique drug dealers are supposed to use. Give the people a free taste, in this case the limited base game, and then bleed them dry with future sales, in Destiny 2's case, the DLCs. o_O
Activision did say they are disappointed with the sales of Destiny and promised new forms of monetization for the game.
https://kotaku.com/activision-says-its-not-happy-with-destinys-sales-1830322804

My main issue with it is locking the planets behind the story and the platforming required for the main story. I spent an hour on a particular section in the 3rd? planet because I couldn't get the platforming done right on a single class. I finished it, but it felt really bad as a casual Destiny player that it took that long and that it's one of the easiest jumps compared to the raids.