Other Games Besides State of Decay

Just Too

Alamo Rookie
Been playing Assassin's Creed Unity for the 100% Completion, story is good but can get confusing if you're not paying too much attention, very quirky but fun to complete, went from 22% to 50% in half a day.

Dead Rising 2, trying to hit a 90% completion as no one plays the four player TIR(Terror is Reality) mode.
Went well until the game crashed setting me back an hour and I decided to call it a day for the game.

Rainbow Six Siege is very tough as it's a hit or miss as I play a crap ton of ranked. I keep playing until I loose a match to chill.

Halo Master Chief Collection is fun with friends and solo as I play the story and multiplayer, it never gets old as you find yourself lost like the good ol' days of 3 and Griffball, 2's infection, CE's 3 shot pistol, 4, my least favorite has nothing to satisfy. I somehow like Halo 5 more than 4.

I remember when I had dead rising 2 on the 360 and I'm telling you man not saving for a while and the game suddenly breaks. That hurts dude.

Secretz

Alamo Rookie
Early access for assassins creed odyssey starts tomorrow :)

So to the back burner SOD2 goes (again)
Starting Friday, I'll be jumping into AC Odyssey. Later this month, then it's Red Dead Redemption 2. That would be enough to last me until The Division 2 and Anthem, but Darksiders 3, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Soul Calibur 6 and Forza Horizon 4 will be calling for me to pick them up on Black Friday.
Honestly, I kinda doubt I'll be returning back to SOD2 anytime before next year. The release schedule is so strong, even that's a bit optimistic...the only way I see UL luring me back is to finally listen to the community, make the QoL changes we've been all but begging for and maybe add some sort of story expansion. Without that, I can't see this drawing me back unless I desperately need me a zombie game fix, and by the time that happens, Days Gone could be out. :censored:

Secretz

Alamo Rookie
Don't forget the likely Zombie DLC for RDR2.
Believe me, I'm praying for a Undead Nightmare follow up with the new RPG/Sim stuff from the main game added in, but unfortunately I get the feeling they will pass over anything single player expansion like and focus solely on pumping out online stuff, like they did for GTA 5.

Secretz

Alamo Rookie
Man, AC Odyssey is amazing! So glad I bailed on the PS4 version and went PC when I found GMG had a sale. The game is so beautiful and sooooo addictive...can't stop checking out the "?" markers on the map, so it's a good thing I had the day off. :cool:

If only SoD 2 had the kind of choices and consequences from the dialogue and missions that AC Odyssey has...I might still be playing. :censored:

Liamypoo

Rescued Ally
I fell into the Civ5 rabbit hole again, my addiction with Sim games always goes from a "Don't play for 6 months" affair to non stop day and night addiction.
Apart from that nothing much of note. A dabble of Xcom2 Long War, a few games of Overwatch in preparation for the event and Dead by Daylight. I fear my love for SOD2 has gone and isn't coming back.

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
I'm back in Mount & Blade Warband. Nothing serious, using cheats and playing as a PITA, lol. I've been modding it, too. Well, tweaking someone else's mod. Still a few things to do such as further tweak morale for large armies, and changing the personalities for a couple of mod-added companions. Morale is easy (now) but the other I haven't looked into yet.
Sometimes I also play Skyrim (not SE). At the moment with that I'm cleaning all my plugins. I never did it before, I used to but didn't think it was a big deal not to. Apparently it is so, let's just hope that my saves load after all that. Starting over is fine but configuring all the mods with MCM menus, not to mention making patches and further editing those patches with custom overrides. It all turns into a full day outside the game before I can even start.
But, playing unmodded Skyrim is just not an option 😁
I haven't touched Fallout 4 for about a year. I'm still over it. Bored with it. I'm not bothering with 76. I don't like MMO/Multiplayer/PvP much.

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
Cheese and rice! A bit of a PITA, but I finally managed to figure it out. I had to be signed in to Humble, then when I clicked on the link in my email it took me to the right page.

I'm guessing this will be a second install, so new game and what not.

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
Probably. The pre-alpha version just ran out of the same folder wherever you put the zip file so, with a Steam release it'll be different. From my limited understanding of it all 😊

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie
Just giving a quick heads up to anyone planning on purchasing COD Black Ops 4, the physical or disc copy DOES NOT contain the actual game.

You essentially are buying the license on the disc and upon inserting it into your drive to install, you'll get a message telling you to download the game and updates.

So, if you're interested in buying BO4, just get the digital copy. You'll save yourself a trip to a brick and mortar store.
:mad:

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
Probably. The pre-alpha version just ran out of the same folder wherever you put the zip file so, with a Steam release it'll be different. From my limited understanding of it all 😊
By the way, just saw this on Steam and thought you might be interested...

Far Road Games [developer] Aug 18 @ 9:18am

Thanks for the suggestions. Things like this are definitely options we're going to look into further down the line.

Raiders are a bit over-powered in the pre-alpha version you're currently playing. They'll be easier to keep out soon. :)

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
so it seems Microsoft bought Obsidian.....down goes another studio I used to like...
What the hell, seriously? I really hope they sold with the intent of starting a new company using the buyout money and leaving MS with nothing but the name.
~90% of the way to buying Obsidian was the last report.
https://kotaku.com/sources-microsoft-is-close-to-buying-obsidian-1829614135

To be fair though, the studio needs to be bought out and/or management changed/fired and then they can actually survive as a studio. They have been on the edge of bankruptcy for the better part of the last decade and management has clearly not been doing them any good. The Metacritic deal is likely the best example of gross mismanagement when it comes to contracts.
https://www.engadget.com/2012/03/15/obsidian-missed-fallout-new-vegas-metacritic-bonus-by-one-point/

Rimworld hit 1.0 yesterday.