Other Games Besides State of Decay

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
Due to the over 200 I had,,with many still coming and unemployed, I tolerated slavery, which the raiders didn't like but, they're no threat anymore. They might damage one building but that's nothing 😊
Most things I encourage or tolerate to help cull the population. Though after awhile my enforcers are bored so I lock up the drug users and murderers.
Current game I'm executing slavers and drug users 😃

Dunadain

Rescued Ally
You should try Oblivion. In many ways Skyrim was to Oblivion what FO4 was to New Vegas, lots of mechanics dumbed down or just straight up removed and replaced with something else.
I have NV & Oblivion both, played neither. Which should I start with? I have no preference.

I have NV & Oblivion both, played neither. Which should I start with? I have no preference.
Both are good but if you're more interested in story than game mechanics I'd suggest NV first, otherwise Oblivion, especially if you're playing it on PC. Lots of mods for Oblivion to make the faces less fugly and just plain improve the graphics to make it look on par with or even better than Skyrim.

Secretz

Alamo Rookie
I have returned from a marathon weekend playing No Man's Sky after the Next update. The difference between what we had at launch in 2016 and what we have now with Next is staggering. Nearly everything the developers promised and/or implied is there now, plus stuff they just decided to add for the hell of it, like third person and character creation.

SoD2 just might stay on the bench till the new DLC...NMS is just too enthralling right now.

Erudain

Rescued Ally
Started playing Shadow of War...i'm early in game so I still haven't got to the "grind" part everyone complained at launch to encourage microtransactions so I don't know how bad it'll be (and if it's truly a grind then Cheat Engine will come to the rescue since I don't play online).

Gameplay is still fun, coming up with new ways to brutalize orcs is always enjoyable and the nemesis system is even better than in Shadow of Mordor.
The storyline.....well, lets say if you are an old time Tolkien fan, you might want to lower your expectations or ignore it entirely, at some points it plainly contradicts what is written in the books...

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
@YojimBeau - did you get the latest build? Since I last mentioned the game they've updated it.
I'm still hoping, later, for an option to reduce the sheer amount of people "wandering in" from the wasteland. Also toggleable raiders. Once you get your town established they become just irritants. Obnoxious irritants. I'd like to be able to raid *them*. I'll give them what for, lol. Wipe them out 😁

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
@YojimBeau - did you get the latest build? Since I last mentioned the game they've updated it.
I'm still hoping, later, for an option to reduce the sheer amount of people "wandering in" from the wasteland. Also toggleable raiders. Once you get your town established they become just irritants. Obnoxious irritants. I'd like to be able to raid *them*. I'll give them what for, lol. Wipe them out 😁
I'm on 0.0.9.0, which I believe was released June 28th.

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
0.0.9.1 is the most recent. He says only to update if you're ready to start a new game as old saves won't work.
I got annoyed with my last game so I updated 😊
Had my first raider attack a minute ago, so fricking annoying. I've got like 8 guard towers and they still hosed me. I figured the visual queue of the radius meant they'd actually appear and that would have an impact, nope...just F.U. and your shiny pony. Kicked out a few quick weaponsmiths to see if that helps.

Edit: moved this to "other games" since we're getting a little deep in discussing this game in particular.

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
Yeah, you need a weaponsmith to arm the guard towers. Right click the tower and it'll tell you how good they are and how many weapons (out of 6) you have.
If you have more than, say, 4 towers build a second weaponsmith. The guards go and get their weapons from what I can tell. No deliveries.
How many latrines do you have? If you right click one it'll tell you how much of your population you're catering to.

osamaclees

Rescued Ally
just started playing skyrim again, got the remastered game for the bone
forgot just how fun and annoying (stamina im looking at you) the game is hehe

this is my female imperial. i like the imperials as they give the best base (IMO) to make "good looking" characters. gonna make a male nord next
WP_20180805_01_14_58_Pro22.jpg
WP_20180805_01_15_25_Pro22.jpg
spent aaaggggeeessss on the face, still not 100% happy with it but i have cheat room mod so can alter appearance (and race etc) anytime i want

shes in blades armour (my favourite and the best looking armour in base game IMO) dont need any armour mods
the sword is nameless light, its aribeths sword from neverwinter nights. looks amazing
i mainly use striders sword from LOTR mod (not anduril, his ranger sword he had before reforging anduril) as its a bit more plain and realistic (as in looks like something that would be made and used in our world in ME times) looking and looks fucking amazing too. also a little less powerful. neither is magic, i dont use magic weapons im too lazy to deal with the recharging heh and game is too easy as it is anyway (and my blacksmith skill not high enough to improve them yet anyways), striders sword is equivalent of skyforge steel, nameless light is higher probs daedric.
i hadnt found it when i took this pic
shes rocking nameless light and striders sword, and an elven bow for ranged. also have an elven bow enchanted with 10 fire damage as a special hows your father for the frost troll on way to greybeards

annoyingly blades armour doesnt have a blacksmith perk so you cant get the double improvement, was hoping they would assign a perk to all the armours that didnt have one in base game. but alas i should have known better from beth

does anyone know of an xbox mod that allows either blades armour or all the armours that dont have a perk to gain double improvement like all the other armours?
ive tried searching but that bethesda search engine has got to be the worst one ever made

like i can make steel plate so i can also double improve it so its much better than my blades armour, but yeah i love the look of blades.
wish the circlets would go around the hair too as it looks weird, cant remember if they did in base game? although the hair is a mod soooo

what mods do any others playing skyrim recommend?
i have
cheatroom
hairstyles by apachii (i swear this must be the one i had for nwn2 all those years ago as they are the same)
cbbe body slim
cbbe skin textures or something
unoffical patch
nameless light sword
striders sword
witchking sword
wearable lanterns
glowing ore viens
unique uniques
unread books glow
some sort of realistic or better eyes or something
something a rother about better commands for followers or tweaks or something
some sort of high res more fluffy snow
vampires suck: no more attacks in town (this really put me off skyrim years ago after getting legendary edition. was fucking annoying)

beths skyrim mods page is down for maintenance so cant check the actual names hehe

dont need armour mods happy with blades, dont need any weapons nameless light/striders sword/witchking (for 2handed) and the base game blades sword is all i need. wouldnt mind a good looking shield though.
no OP mods and ofcourse being on the bone i have a max mods size
some cool new fun quests would be nice
oh and some sunglasses? (yeah i know) like the radbands from FO4 mods

some mod where the idiot guards recognise the fact that you are a thane and stop talking to you like a common peasant would help with immersion. if one more asks me in a condescending tone if someones stolen my boiled creme treat (or whatever) im gonna punch him in the face, ill pay the bounty itll be worth it.

Erudain

Rescued Ally
yesterday Steam showed me in the "recommended for you" tab a indie game launching next week called Phantom Doctrine, it's a turn RPG set in the cold war in the 80s and you can play as a CIA, KGB or Mossad agent with "a lot" of influence from X-COM and X-COM overhaul Long War... any X-COM fan might want to keep an eye on that game

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
Started playing Monster Hunter World (PC-Steam) last night, mostly I just really like the pig... and my ninja cat. There's also the way it looks like Dauntless but plays better with the double daggers. I do miss the chain scythe looking thing from it though... the other weapons in MHW just aren't as appealing.

20180809135948_1.jpg

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
I'm back in Skyrim. Oldrim. I have SSE installed but not modded up yet. That'll be a couple of days to get it all set and I can't really be bothered yet.
Currently in Solstheim. Due to some particular mods it's quite entertaining.
I'll get some images of my character up soon. Mostly only have scenics at the moment.

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
Playing around in Solar Purge, closed alpha state and finding all the beautiful bugs, then killing them.

Extreme difficulty, zerg fest... save me captain!

Rebel36

Rescued Ally
Been playing Airheart Tales of Broken Wings on Xbox. Fun and relaxing little game. Still playing Diablo III also. Found a game on steam called Mist Survival. It's early access and I haven't bought it yet but I've been watching some YouTube gameplay videos and it seems pretty interesting. I may give it a try once they do a little more development with the game. It has some elements that I wish SOD 2 would have had. Lots of good games coming up as well.