One of those moments when...

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
An enclave asked me to take care of a nearby feral. "No problem", I say.

Real time:
Make my way towards the marker, catch a glimpse of the feral and make my way past some bushes to get a line of sight.
Character says, "There's a feral".
Great, just need a little more to get clear of the bushes...
"RAWR"
"BANG"
Me: "BWAHAHA! Did I just do that?!"

Narrative:
Character says, "There's a feral".
Jogging left to clear the bushes so I can get a line of sight and the feral suddenly leaps through the bushes.
I bring up my gun, no aiming just hip shoot and bang, right between the eyes.
The feral slides to a stop at my feet in a crumpled mass.
In shock, I just pause the game and laugh my ass off.

I used to pull off shots like that all the time in the original, but they've been pretty rare for me in 2. Maybe since I have like ten times the hours in the first, but regardless...feels good, man.

Got a moment to share? Post it up and let's enjoy.

phil

Rescued Ally
Nearly close to opposite, I am in stealth killing mode and I am in a rythym creeping up behind them kick at the knees slice into the head. I managed to stop myself doing that to a bloater. You heard of a bad hair day, that would have been a bad everything day.

SomeRandomGuy

Zed Hunter
Doing a "clear infestations" mission with some d00dz from an enclave and in typical stupidass AI fashion they rush right into the house as soon as I stop the car. Cue Screamers. Cue Feral from behind me. Cue dodge roll through the door into the house, followed by the Feral leaping over me, then lunging again, me dodging again, it hitting the wall then dropping to the ground. On instinct I execute it.

Until that point I didn't even know you could execute Ferals in SoD2 since they don't automatically faceplant every time you dodge a lunge.

e5futter

Alamo Rookie
Had a very bad "did I do that" moment. I declined a mission from the researchers dying of the plague. About five minutes later I'm driving down the road and think I'm about to go past a zombie so I open my door. Blasted one of the researchers in the back and sent him flying into a plague zombie, where he was immediately killed.

SomeRandomGuy

Zed Hunter
Had a very bad "did I do that" moment. I declined a mission from the researchers dying of the plague. About five minutes later I'm driving down the road and think I'm about to go past a zombie so I open my door. Blasted one of the researchers in the back and sent him flying into a plague zombie, where he was immediately killed.
I can't tell you how many times THAT enclave has spawned in close proximity to a plague heart for me. It usually ends with all of them dying almost immediately when I return with the cure because they've managed to aggro one of the roaming hordes of plague zombies, and all it takes is a couple scratches to finish them off.

YojimBeau

Alamo Leader
Staff member
That reminds me of a "kill the enclave" mission that I had not too long ago. I was driving to them and I'm in an ambulance, so I hit the siren and draw in hordes and dozens of zed. Driving slow circles around the house, my minimap is just lit. I turn off the siren and zoom away to park across the street and watch the fireworks.

It took a little time, but murder by zombie is very satisfying for me.

Maltriagon

Alamo Rookie
Doing a "clear infestations" mission with some d00dz from an enclave and in typical stupidass AI fashion they rush right into the house as soon as I stop the car. Cue Screamers. Cue Feral from behind me. Cue dodge roll through the door into the house, followed by the Feral leaping over me, then lunging again, me dodging again, it hitting the wall then dropping to the ground. On instinct I execute it.

Until that point I didn't even know you could execute Ferals in SoD2 since they don't automatically faceplant every time you dodge a lunge.
I didn't realize you can execute them. The rare amount of times a feral would be on the ground in close proximity to me has never happened.

CaptainAssassin

Zed Hunter
Had a very bad "did I do that" moment. I declined a mission from the researchers dying of the plague.
I decline all those missions now. It's stupid how that mission spawns plague zeds in the building with the researchers (even with no plague hearts on the map), when you're trying to return the cure to them.