No Legacy Missions

Virtua Sinner

Missing Survivor
I'm playing State of Decay 2 on Xbox One. I have a "Sheriff" leader. BEFORE clearing out all the Plague Hearts, a "Sheriff:" mission popped up, but I didn't immediately address it, not knowing what it was. As of this morning, all the plague hearts have been destroyed. Characters have commented on it (one of them saying "Is this seriously the last one?" before we destroyed it, and then saying something celebratory afterward). But there's no indication what to do next. Standard missions keep popping up, but no further Sheriff missions. Is there something I have to do to trigger the end game? I've continued playing for about an hour, completing other standard missions, but there's no indication that any end game is forthcoming. Anyone else having this problem?

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
There's been a few that have had this issue. Sometimes it restarts back up if you exit and come back to the game or change maps.

I've had it delayed a couple times and it restarted after I recruited someone to the camp (thereby changing the enclaves in the world and their associated missions).

Virtua Sinner

Missing Survivor
I'm about to try changing maps. Update: I abandoned that game that wasn't triggering end missions and started a new one. In this game I had a Trader leader. And, huzzah - final plague heart down, and the end game triggered! Deliver stuff to three different groups! So... I did that! And all the in game characters I was trading with spontaneously agreed we should now hold a summit! Great! And then... nothing. Once more, the legacy missions just dried up. The end.

I want to like this game. I really do. I was a huge State of Decay fan. I held the world record high score in State of Decay: Breakdown for about 4 months on the Xbox 360... but this time around? Sigh. Too many game breaking bugs. Boring central mission. Way too easy. Wish the official forums still existed, because I have a lot of thoughts I'd like to share with the developers. (And I don't mean that to imply I simply want to vent, I genuinely want to share feedback).

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
I've had it a few times on the early launch weekend where I wasn't getting a legacy mission. Switching to another character, exiling, recruiting and/or completing quests for my nagging enclaves has re-triggered it again. I had completely stopped paying attention to it and they came back on their own...and it was always the damned trader. I know you require at least 4 enclaves open and friendly/allied to get it kicked off for that summit so if any of them go away/stop being friendly/allied, it resets the timer (maybe?)

Virtua Sinner

Missing Survivor
Hmmm.... To the best of my knowledge, I only had 3 friendly/allied. (2 allied, 1 friendly). I ran a mission to get all 3 allied, but still nothing... where does it tell you you need 4? And why did they spontaneously suggest summit if that's not possible?

Further update: I switched BACK to my Sheriff game. And yes, the mission immediately started up. Unfortunately my character's companion isn't REALLY there - appears on the map following my sheriff around, but not in the game as an actual character. Not even sure who it is because he/she was my follower from back before I abandoned the game. But I can't recruit anyone else, because the game won't allow it, and if I switch from the sheriff, I instantly fail the missions. SO, running the entire end game solo. ALSO, got to the point where the last thing to do was attack the bad guys' home base, but I was out of ammo, so returning home to restock before assaulting. I must have skirted that enemy base too closely because suddenly there was a pop up asking if I was ready for the final mission. I selected, "Not yet", because I needed to pick up ammo first. And now the mission is gone. So... not sure what to do about that...

Virtua Sinner

Missing Survivor
Final Sheriff Update: Left the game, came back in, and my follower was suddenly by my side. So, that was good, I guess. After about 6 minutes, the final mission reappeared on the map, which was all-important. My follower did abandon me again as I approached that final mission (no idea where she went - if it was a glitch, or if its scripted such that you have to face the final showdown alone). But I was able to beat it. SO... serious problems at work there, but ultimately not insurmountable. Going to go back into the Trader game now, and see what can be done there.

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
The 4 enclaves is going into spoiler territory for the Trader's final mission. I know I had three for the summit and then 1 extra but it may not have been required. I have a trader save going now but not started the summit again, it is listed as a pending mission though.

Virtua Sinner

Missing Survivor
Turns out I did have 4. Just didn't realize it (since the pre-mission was only running supplies to 3 out of the 4).

Final Trader Update: Returning to this community after finishing the Sheriff one did start up the Trade missions again (about 8 minutes after I returned to the game). So, anecdotally, at least, I can say that if you're having trouble with final missions popping up, try switching communities and switching back.

Trade missions completed. Ran into frame rate issues so bad it was crazy on that final mission (literally about 1 frame per second) but managed to finish nonetheless. So... maybe an SOD break for a while before tackling the other 2 leader types. Hoping there's some updates that change up the ways campaigns work in the future. Preferably something that looks at long term life with your survivors (1 year+) instead of just a couple weeks.

Happy hunting, guys! And thanks for the tips!

MrStrange

Rescued Ally
Having issues too. First bug that has irked me.
Trying to get Warlord Legacy, but only standard stuff popping right now. :cautious:

I haven't had much time with game lately, so only putting in time here and there, so dunno if was happening before today. Better gauge in a few days I guess, won't be so busy for a bit, so can figure people's fixes into my situation. :unsure:
Map switch first if nothing in half an hour.