Netflix stuff

Liamypoo

Rescued Ally
Richard Armitage as a Belmont? Of course that got me watching Castlevania. Then season 2 came around and I loved Dracula in it. Shame the other characters didn't get as much development as the first series but it's still a great watch. Also when THAT song played near the end of the series.....Oof.

Gmutant

Zed Hunter
Richard Armitage as a Belmont? Of course that got me watching Castlevania. Then season 2 came around and I loved Dracula in it. Shame the other characters didn't get as much development as the first series but it's still a great watch. Also when THAT song played near the end of the series.....Oof.
Not only has Adi Shankar, the producer of Castlevania, obtained the rights to produce a Devil May Cry series, but he's also rumored to be working on obtaining the rights to produce a Legend of Zelda series.

Dunadain

Alamo Rookie
Not a Netflix original, but I'm working my way through Supernatural. Also, the new Voltron is Really good.

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
Supernatural. Years ago I watched Seasons 1 through to 4 while I had a headcold. I couldn't do much else but lie on the couch with my tissues and watch TV :D This was in the days before Netflix, though.

It's Netflix-related...but, while watching The Haunting of Hill House a while ago I took a screen capture of something interesting :D
hohh.jpg

Maybe it's common over in the US but I haven't seen that brand/company name before, lol.

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
CocaCola is very common, I think it's the most popular soft drink in every country except 5.
I think that's a reference to Mystik...which is very close to Mystyk's name.

The Mystik brand is generally associated with motor oil btw, though there are other companies using the same name.

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
I'm up to Season 3 of Orphan Black. Pretty interesting stuff. There are 5 seasons but I don't know how many Netflix has. I haven't checked. Hope it's all of them 😊

Burzum

Rescued Ally
I'm up to Season 3 of Orphan Black. Pretty interesting stuff. There are 5 seasons but I don't know how many Netflix has. I haven't checked. Hope it's all of them 😊
Yep it has all of them, finished them off early last year, was actually a much better series than i anticipated!

• HUNGERFORD
• DARKEST DAWN (sequel to Hungerford)

Not groundbreaking by any stretch (clovefield/blairwitch style camera work) but definitely worth a watch.

THE NIGHT EATS THE WORLD.
I cannot stress enough how much you HAVE to watch this English language French/Danish film set in Paris JUST for the zombies alone. Personally i liked the film but i think alot wont, doesn't really end anywhere and the main protagonist is on occasion more than annoying and if i'd been stuck there with him i don't think it'd have been long before he took an accidental skydive but some interesting takes on the genre and at times you briefly get that feeling of anxiousness when you're watching him fart around and screaming in your head "what the fuck are you doing man??!!!"

odf14

Alamo Rookie
Great Democratic People's Republic of Illinois
I cannot stress enough how much you HAVE to watch this English language French/Danish film set in Paris JUST for the zombies alone. Personally i liked the film but i think alot wont, doesn't really end anywhere and the main protagonist is on occasion more than annoying and if i'd been stuck there with him i don't think it'd have been long before he took an accidental skydive but some interesting takes on the genre and at times you briefly get that feeling of anxiousness when you're watching him fart around and screaming in your head "what the fuck are you doing man??!!!"
Oh, so it's just like SoD 2, then . . .

Gmutant

Zed Hunter
Yep it has all of them, finished them off early last year, was actually a much better series than i anticipated!

• HUNGERFORD
• DARKEST DAWN (sequel to Hungerford)

Not groundbreaking by any stretch (clovefield/blairwitch style camera work) but definitely worth a watch.

I wasn't aware that 'The Night Eats The World' was on Netflix. I watched it on Amazon video, but it was decent.

IMHO, the French do zombie movies better than most others, excluding the Brits. I'd say they're par for the course or just behind when it comes to quality zombie flicks.

Burzum

Rescued Ally
I wasn't aware that 'The Night Eats The World' was on Netflix. I watched it on Amazon video, but it was decent.

IMHO, the French do zombie movies better than most others, excluding the Brits. I'd say they're par for the course or just behind when it comes to quality zombie flicks.
Yep agreed, The Horde being a prime example.
I think its because there has to be a more story driven, up close and personal aspect to the films due to most european countries not having a heavily armed civilian population with easy access to firearms ie- lets go loot the gun store and we're golden.

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
I'm up to Season 4 of Orphan Black. Netflix pulls the series at the end of the month so, I will be watching it almost every day.
If I don't finish it in time I will have to get it some other way. 👽

Must check to see if Altered Carbon is still up. Hope so, haven't finished that one, either :(

Clyde

Alamo Rookie
After Life is genius. It’s funny, sad, bitter, and humanist. As a note though, the main character does something irredeemable, that isn’t fixed in the way we expect narrative to go. This may cause the the show to make you angry instead, I think Gervais is making a statement, but I also don’t want to steal it’s power by revealing it.

Clyde

Alamo Rookie
If you haven’t seen Person of Interest, it’s really good. It starts as a typical violence spy solves problems with violence spying, and each season a layer gets peeled and you end at something pretty smart examining where A.I. might lead. Plus you have three violence spys by then. Ha!

Gmutant

Zed Hunter
It's not a Netflix exclusive, but they added JoJo's Bizarre Adventure within the past week.

:devilish: DIOOO!

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
Finished Orphan Black the other day. Good that it had an ending and not just axed. So many really good series over the years, before Netflix, I'd gotten into only to find out they were axed early.
Orphan Black was the best series I've seen so far. Don't know what I'll watch next :unsure:

Virgel

Rescued Ally
Recently watched the first season of Kingdom (2018) and I cannot recommend it more. A zombie outbreak set in late-medieval Korea. I can't attest to the historical authenticity of the series, but the story makes it worth watching.