Mod Mystyk's Mods

LiNanMian1984

Alamo Rookie
Went back to YOSE and I know that this thread is my first YOSE one stop shop for mods.

You are a life saver.

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
Got some more ideas for a mod or two. If I can do it I'll do 2 versions - one in my game, the AIO modpack, and a separated version for the general public. I'll only release it here, though.

Rant Ahead.
Too many thieving scumbags on Nexus and their staff doesn't do anything about it as I'm not a popular modder.

There are 2 rips of one of my mods still there. They're all about "getting permissions from original authors" and are very pro-active in banning people over it. But, it depends who you are and who you know.
Which is why I don't release there anymore as my numerous reports have gone ignored.
When I'm done with YOSE I'll be pulling my Nexus mods and they'll only be available here. I don't mod for their Donation Points, or endorsements, or whining entitled users. I make what I want to change in my game and release for others who might want to use it, too. Sometimes I even do requests. But not right now. I've several ideas on the go šŸ˜Š

QMJS

Alamo Rookie
Even when they do something, it sometimes take forever to get around to it. Two that I reported in July 2018 got an initial 'under review' applied in November, and were just removed, one in January and one in February. These were mods where they didn't even bother to remove the comments from the files which had my name and the mod details still in them.

SomeRandomGuy

Alamo Rookie
I think the problem with nexus is it just got too big. Back when it was pretty much just bethesda games it was easy to keep up with reports, but now that they've got a mod page for pretty much everything there's no way they can possibly deal with all the reports in a timely fashion, especially since there's a lot of bogus reports from people with a chip on their shoulder just trying to cause trouble for someone else.

But yeah, overall nexus has gone downhill in the past couple years. I don't even participate in the forums there anymore.

Veles

Missing Survivor
Hello Mystyk,

I am running into an issue where I install your No Tutorials or Tips mod and I still get tutorials. Here is a list of other mods I use:

• QMJS Extended Functions
  • No Zombie Radar Blips
  • No Glowing Zed Eyes
  • No Shining Stuff
  • Realistic Flashlight Mod
  • Camo Tents
  • SOD Custom Game Soundtrack
  • Tweaked Zombie Sounds
  • Tweaked Zed Sounds - Frightening Feral Sounds
When copying the Game Folder to the YOSE folder, the files and folders in [libs] are removed and replaced with the files from your mod. These include:

activities.win.bmp
missions.win.bmp
radiooptions.win.bmp
scenes.win.bmp
vehicles.win.bmp

If I simply copy hints.win.bmp and Mystyk_hints.xml into the folder, will that do the trick? Or should I also copy the .dds files into the ui folder?

Last edited:

Veles

Missing Survivor
I have copied over the .bmp file and the .dds files and everything seems to be in order. No issues seem to have arisen.