Mod Mystyk's Mods

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
I'll link all my mods for original and YOSE all in here. All are hosted in the one place but if anyone doesn't like that place I can toss them on my website as well.

Skilled Survivors Stay Home
No More Tutorial Tips
Nag No More

Nag No More (YOSE)
Corpse-Be-Gone
Stool-Be-Gone
No Beans

No More Ally In Trouble (New)

They're only the released ones. I've lots of others that I probably won't release until I'm done with the game. When that time comes I plan on adding the extra stuff all together, in one archive, much like how Adeno did with his tinkerings when he quit. Not sure if I'll include any of my custom characters yet. But that'll be a year or so later on. Depending if I get SOD2 (which will mean building a new system with Win10, so it'll be a while away).

Edit: It was asked on the other version of this forum whether I'd do any of the same mods for SoD2. If any of the annoyances are still there then yes, I will, when I get the game.
If anyone takes it upon themselves to recreate my mods then I'll be most annoyed and declare them stolen and likely pull all my other SoD mods. They're mine to recreate.
I've seen that happen to a Fallout 3 modder. Some random person decided to 'port his mod to New Vegas, without asking, seeing as it was very popular. The original author kicked up a stink, as did his fans, then he pretty much disappeared in disgust.
On the plus side the Devs of FO4 implemented some of his FO3 mods (as they did with two of mine), so he's still remembered, lol.
Anyway, coming from Oblivion/Fallout 3/New Vegas/Skyrim, that community, I'm a big advocate on modding etiquette and asking before altering/porting/uploading elsewhere. The modding community for SoD is very new and not as established as other games which is maybe why some don't care what happens to their mods. Just because some don't care doesn't mean it's the same for everyone.

Edit 2: Fixed the links.

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
I'm currently testing out a little edit I did earlier. It's not one of my usual types of mods, it might end up being as unpopular as my Stool-Be-Gone mod, lol, but I don't care :p
I'm currently doing a solo playthrough to test it properly. If it all works as intended I might release it. It won't conflict with any of my mods, but will likely conflict with others as it edits rtsevents. I don't do compatibility patches for other people's mods. Users need to make their own patches.

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
Just posted a new one. Last link in first post.
Easy to do as I also did one a while back to stop the trading missions. I hate trading missions - more like our precious ammo for worthless food. I could've just edited the timeout for it but removing it altogether was better, for me.

It's not the one I was testing, in the previous post. If my restartitis wasn't so bad this month I'd have tested it properly and it'd be maybe released by now. I have to test it for several levels to make sure it's working as intended.

Unta Terbang

Missing Survivor
Rather than disabling the trading missions, maybe you can just change the reward into more useful things, such as building materials, or even explosives. Ammo is the true currency in a post-apocalyptic world anyway.

Biker Steve

Rescued Ally
Edit: It was asked on the other version of this forum whether I'd do any of the same mods for SoD2. If any of the annoyances are still there then yes, I will, when I get the game. If anyone takes it upon themselves to recreate my mods then I'll be most pissed off and declare them stolen and likely pull all my other SoD mods. They're mine to recreate.
I've seen that happen to a Fallout 3 modder. Some nobody decided to 'port his mod to New Vegas, without asking, seeing as it was very popular. The original author kicked up a stink, as did his fans, then he pretty much disappeared in disgust.
On the plus side the Devs of FO4 implemented some of his FO3 mods (as they did with two of mine), so he's still remembered, lol.
Anyway, coming from Oblivion/Fallout 3/New Vegas/Skyrim, that community, I'm a big advocate on modding etiquette and asking before altering/porting/uploading elsewhere. The modding community for SoD is very new and not as established as other games which is maybe why some don't care what happens to their mods. Just because some don't care doesn't mean it's the same for everyone.
There's also the problem with the SoD community being fractured, and the total lack of cohesion on Discord.

If someone happens to recreate one of your mods on SoD2, can you honestly prove that they didn't just have a similar idea if it's not blatant? And aside from annoyance, what's the true harm? (I'm asking, as someone that has actually lost income to true piracy, VS some internet fame via a non profit community.)

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
There's also the problem with the SoD community being fractured, and the total lack of cohesion on Discord.

If someone happens to recreate one of your mods on SoD2, can you honestly prove that they didn't just have a similar idea if it's not blatant? And aside from annoyance, what's the true harm? (I'm asking, as someone that has actually lost income to true piracy, VS some internet fame via a non profit community.)
Given that there are modders who went on to work at the game companies they were modding for, I could see loss of income as being a factor IF it was a big enough change.

Mostly, it's just common etiquette though that if you see something cool and you recreate it, that you give someone a mention. In SoD, there's only so many ways to recreate something, like for example the Expertise mods that allow multiple skill unlocks like Ninja and Focus Aim being available to the same character. SilentResident did it her way, I had it in Brimstone as a port off the original Brimstone and reused it elsewhere and I think even QMJS has a version of it in his mod. It's all more or less done the same way because you have to edit the Expertise.xml file, lock or unlock the relevant sections and write it back to a BMD.

For customizations though, like Tutorial Tips, Nag No More and some other stuff. There's different methods of doing the same thing because different modders have different ideas about what annoyed them about those aspects. For me, I might say I want all the tutorial tips gone except X, Y and Z so I'd make mine do everything except X,Y,Z whereas Mystyk wants it all gone. If another modder comes in and likes Mystyk's and then redoes it so it does it exactly like hers (code-wise), then I can see the pain of having work stolen there. In my instance, I'd reach out to Mystyk first because I don't want to reinvent the wheel and it would be easier to modify an existing mod to suit me.

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
So far I've had 2 make duplicates of 1 mod (got them removed) and 1 decided I was too slow in updating the banners for YOSE so did it himself. I also got that one pulled.
There's another still up but even though he didn't ask (common courtesy) he did link back to the original. I could have that pulled if I wanted but it's not everything redone just a few types of people selected to stay home.

Skilled Survivors could've been done by anyone, it's 1 trait that only 1 person has, by default. While others complained about no one being home, everyone off spawning missions, no one ever on the tower, I looked at Lily and knew there had to be a way. She never went anywhere, ever. Why?
Looking at her character block, what did she have that no one else did? A few things but let's try this one out. Well, there you go, that one does it.
After doing the trial and error and the research into making it, then to have some random person take it and slap their name on it makes me angry. I did all the work.
Same with the banners. My photoshop skills aren't the best but I managed it after I finally found the correct file to edit.

SoD2 is under a different engine, likely not xml files and not easy to read code for a non-programming pleb like myself. There's no Lily so that means no mod is needed to shut her up.
Banners that take up half the screen? Who knows.
Tutorial tips that pop up each time you even think of moving? Maybe, who knows?
Perhaps UL this time will implement certain people with certain valuable skills can never leave the base to go gallavanting around the neighbourhood. I hope so, as that's then 1 less mod to make :)

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
It might be a big ask but, those who have a modded playthrough are any of you *not* using a modified rtsevents file? Ideally I'd prefer someone not using any mods (I can think of one person), or even just someone without my type of setup - with a heavily modded game that you don't know what's original and what's not, half the time, lol.

I've been testing a small edit (to an event that has been annoying me from day one) and it seems to be working fine in my game, after 8 levels. I'd just like to have a person or two test it in their game(s) to make sure it works in other setups, modded or not.
The only downside is that the xml is not included at the moment. Which is why I'm mainly looking for anyone who hasn't got an existing edited rtsevents file.

If anyone is interested in this unusual request, let me know and I'll PM the file and details on what it does.

Won't worry about it. Will probably just release it as it is, or PM a few people I know who'd happily test it for me.

Last edited:
It might be a big ask but, those who have a modded playthrough are any of you *not* using a modified rtsevents file? Ideally I'd prefer someone not using any mods (I can think of one person :) ), or even just someone without my type of setup - with a heavily modded game that you don't know what's original and what's not, half the time, lol.

I've been testing a small edit (to an event that has been annoying me from day one) and it seems to be working fine in my game, after 8 levels. I'd just like to have a person or two test it in their game(s) to make sure it works in other setups, modded or not.
The only downside is that the xml is not included at the moment. Which is why I'm mainly looking for anyone who hasn't got an existing edited rtsevents file.

If anyone is interested in this unusual request, let me know and I'll PM the file and details on what it does.
Seems interesting.