More Zeds & Bigger Hordes (impossible)

I'm not sure. I never even hear them explode when they're invisible, I just end up in a vehicle covered with their gas. Someone awhile back hypothesized that if you move far enough away from bloater gas causing it to despawn before it expires that it will remain invisible on the map and will get on your car if you drive through that spot later during the same session.
Ah, incendiaries behave that way too sometimes... invisible fire.

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
I bet they spawn laying down, but stuck under the ground. But UL didn't include a radio option: "Bloater Stuck"
I think so too because when I was playing the other day the survivor I was playing said "I better shoot that bloater before it gets to close". Nothing on the map so I got to looking around and saw a bloater belly sticking out of the ground.....just barely enough to shoot lol

It's possible. I had a Feral do that once. I could hear it running around me and roaring, I could see it's icon hovering near me but I never saw it and was never damaged by it.
Oh a feral mole I've had 1 of those ....also had a feral and a zed stuck in a huge rock. My follower went in to kill them so I drove off and left them to their fun lol

Tried watching the video, but couldn't get 60 seconds beyond 14:28. I'm sorry. The insouciant tone, the cringe-inducing attempts at (ill-placed) "humor," the incessant laughing, and the distracted, cavalier (verging-on-condescending and sophomoric) attempts to giggle away genuine criticisms set my blood to boiling. The presentation, as usual, comes across as distinctly adolescent. At least to me it does. Watching Card and his guests has become the equivalent of gargling with glass shards.

However, the technical information provided by you guys (and gals) is enlightening. And appreciated.

Cejao

Alamo Rookie
Tried watching the video, but couldn't get 60 seconds beyond 14:28. I'm sorry. The insouciant tone, the cringe-inducing attempts at (ill-placed) "humor," the incessant laughing, and the distracted, cavalier (verging-on-condescending and sophomoric) attempts to giggle away genuine criticisms set my blood to boiling. The presentation, as usual, comes across as distinctly adolescent. At least to me it does. Watching Card and his guests has become the equivalent of gargling with glass shards.

However, the technical information provided by you guys (and gals) is enlightening. And appreciated.
Unless Brant is hosting the stream I tend to not watch them.
that giggly shit some of the other devs do grinds my gears too.

I bet they spawn laying down, but stuck under the ground. But UL didn't include a radio option: "Bloater Stuck"
Actually, I think that with Bloaters specifically this is not the case. I had it happen again last night only I was looking at the radar at the time and no Bloater icon appeared on it. It's starting to feel like this was maybe done on purpose as a joke, only it's not funny at all.

Rebel36

Rescued Ally
I kept hearing a horde outside my base and I went to check it out and couldn't see one but the noise was coming from inside this large boulder. I shot at it. No effect. I used my melee on it. Nothing. Then the AI follower with me morphed inside the rock. I could hear them in there kicking zombie butt. When the fight noises ceased I couldn't hear the horde anymore and turned to run back to base and my companion suddenly appeared behind me again. One of the strangest things that I've experienced playing this game.

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
Actually, I think that with Bloaters specifically this is not the case. I had it happen again last night only I was looking at the radar at the time and no Bloater icon appeared on it. It's starting to feel like this was maybe done on purpose as a joke, only it's not funny at all.
It's a problem I've had since day one of playing the game any bloater laying on or near the road doesn't show up on the radar. But if it's any place else they show up fine.

QMJS

Alamo Rookie
I kept hearing a horde outside my base and I went to check it out and couldn't see one but the noise was coming from inside this large boulder. I shot at it. No effect. I used my melee on it. Nothing. Then the AI follower with me morphed inside the rock. I could hear them in there kicking zombie butt. When the fight noises ceased I couldn't hear the horde anymore and turned to run back to base and my companion suddenly appeared behind me again. One of the strangest things that I've experienced playing this game.
Big rock across the street from the mall? I frequently get juggernauts that are stuck under that one.