More Zeds & Bigger Hordes (impossible)

Those are such a pain. I've literally run into two while in cars. I wonder if it's a case of the game not being able to spawn them in quickly enough because the player is traveling at speed.
I doubt it, I run into those nonexistent Bloaters all the time but everything else including Juggs spawn just fine while I'm driving.

ghostbusters? spenglar even??
I think Ray also used scientific speak when identifying ghosts.
Both were fully capable, but it was Ray that actually said it in the movie (after they captured Slimer in the dining hall).

"Sir, what you had there was what we refer to as a Focused, Non-Terminal, Repeating Phantasm, or a Class 5 Full-Roaming Vapor... a real nasty one too"

Last edited:
I doubt it, I run into those nonexistent Bloaters all the time but everything else including Juggs spawn just fine while I'm driving.
Yeah, you're likely correct. I'm just extending, perhaps unearned, benefit of the doubt here. We've all be soured on the game to some extent at this point and I rather not see us become a jaded, cynical community. So I may end up playing devil's advocate from time to time.

Yeah, you're likely correct. I'm just extending, perhaps unearned, benefit of the doubt here. We've all be soured on the game to some extent at this point and I rather not see us become a jaded, cynical community. So I may end up playing devil's advocate from time to time.
I think most of us are jaded and cynical to one degree or another, it's just until now UL has given us reason not to be. That no longer seems to be the case what with their aquisition by microshaft.

odf14

Alamo Rookie
Great Democratic People's Republic of Illinois
I don't know, is it really jaded and cynical to point out that a dumpster fire is, well, a dumpster fire?

Huh, never noticed this. This totally explains why they haven't done anything despite reading the criticism about difficulty - they know it's bad but it's a done deal, best they can do is improve quality of life in other ways.

This is why the best fights I've been in occur off base. I'm on a high day count and on my fourth map in my current group - definitely been in crowds of two dozen or more zed, but only when out in the field looking for infestations. This actually explains a lot. I could never replicate that number of zed for the home base.

To be honest, it would still be an improvement if they now decided to keep a percentage of survivors "away from the base" at all times and in return get to increase our ranks. I understand the new personal quest-line system, but I still feel like I can healthily manage 12-14 survivors without feeling spread thin for content.

Last edited:
Those are such a pain. I've literally run into two while in cars. I wonder if it's a case of the game not being able to spawn them in quickly enough because the player is traveling at speed.
I've noticed an increase in hordes spawning 5ft in front of me. Both while driving and on foot.

QMJS

Alamo Rookie
Sometimes stuff spawns so close I can't always avoid it but at least I see it spawning. These invisibloaters just do not spawn, with them there is nothing to see.
Only the cloud, if you jump out quickly there still won't be a body on the road. If you do see it and hit it anyway, there is a body.

Kedryn

Rescued Ally
I bet they spawn laying down, but stuck under the ground. But UL didn't include a radio option: "Bloater Stuck"
I'm not sure. I never even hear them explode when they're invisible, I just end up in a vehicle covered with their gas. Someone awhile back hypothesized that if you move far enough away from bloater gas causing it to despawn before it expires that it will remain invisible on the map and will get on your car if you drive through that spot later during the same session.