Question Modifying Resource Reward from Rucksacks (YOSE Story Mode) (Resolved)

Genn Faol

Missing Survivor
As the thread title suggests, after recently starting to play YOSE, I've begun modding the game as I had the vanilla version. However, despite me changing the multipliers in both mission.xml and rtsdata.xml, I still only get the default amount of resources for each rucksack I bring back. It's been a long time since I last modded State of Decay, so I cannot remember if there was anything else I was supposed to do. If anyone could help me out here, I'd very much appreciate it.

Edit: Nevermind. It worked after I moved my homesite or when I start a new game. Just strangely not if I modify the value in an ongoing game, without moving homesite.

Last edited:

Fabian907

Alamo Rookie
As the thread title suggests, after recently starting to play YOSE, I've begun modding the game as I had the vanilla version. However, despite me changing the multipliers in both mission.xml and rtsdata.xml, I still only get the default amount of resources for each rucksack I bring back. It's been a long time since I last modded State of Decay, so I cannot remember if there was anything else I was supposed to do. If anyone could help me out here, I'd very much appreciate it.

Edit: Nevermind. It worked after I moved my homesite or when I start a new game. Just strangely not if I modify the value in an ongoing game, without moving homesite.
Many of the patches would work after starting a new game or moving levels on Breakdown

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
As Fabian pointed out, some values, such as rucksacks, are stored in the save file and only updated on a new game, new level (Breakdown) or a similar forced update such as homesite moves.