Legacy Mission will not start

SRR Krieg

Missing Survivor
Hello, I have defeated all the plague hearts, had the toon go thru the "thank god that was the last one" dialogue, and my game will not progress. When I go into the map I see the "Define your Communities Legacy" tab as my primary goal but no missions ever pop (played for about 4 hours now). I have all of the map unlocked, I have a hero, I have 9 citizens in an 8 person fort i've cleared all the infestations...im really at a loss at this point.

Anyone else experience this State of Decay 2 Legacy Bug / Glitch?

BobCrees

Alamo Family
Hello, I have defeated all the plague hearts, had the toon go thru the "thank god that was the last one" dialogue, and my game will not progress. When I go into the map I see the "Define your Communities Legacy" tab as my primary goal but no missions ever pop (played for about 4 hours now). I have all of the map unlocked, I have a hero, I have 9 citizens in an 8 person fort i've cleared all the infestations...im really at a loss at this point.

Anyone else experience this State of Decay 2 Legacy Bug / Glitch?
Have you been doing 'Hero' quests? From what I have read, it is taking about 20 hours of game play to 'Beat' the game, which involves one of the four 'Hero' type characters.

What is your current 'Leaders' role -

Warlord, Builder, Sheriff etc

SRR Krieg

Missing Survivor
I am a sheriff...i believe i have done one but i am getting zero quests and i have for sure put in 20 hours of game play. The thing is this is my second play through. I didn't do the legacy on my first play thru. I just moved to a new area strait after the plague hearts but surely that should't keep me from legacy quests on the second go thru being its an entirely new area?

Something has to be glitched i get random "Help the random person" quests...do them but nothing for my hero. Perhaps I will just start a new play thru and hope day one fixes it. I'm at a serious loss.

2 days 6 hours of game play.
5293 zombies killed
59 ferals outwitted
17 juggernauts
28 plague hearts destroyed

...zero legacy lol :D

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
Are you consistently playing as your Sheriff or switching to other characters? I've gone awhile with no legacy quests because of it waiting on me to shift characters, but I don't think it's been 4 hours before.

There may also be a hidden requirement to the legacy quests like failing 3 will cancel your legacy. Did you have any failures or skipped legacy quests?

20 hours of gameplay is pretty stretched out...I was at 34 hours on Sunday night and completed all 4 legacies.

SRR Krieg

Missing Survivor
I change my characters regularly. Perhaps i failed a mission by ending game and coming back to reset a bugged lootbox or running off to help a friend in MP that is going to die....really silly if that's the case.

Shaenoide

Missing Survivor
Hi I am in the same situation here. I am a sheriff too. The last mission I did is getting a police car in order to kill 5 normal zombies and some special one. After that nothing.

Erudain

Alamo Rookie
Same bug, reading in Reddit and Discord that a lot of players are having the same issue.
After clearing the last plague heart the final legacy mission doesn't trigger.

Things that I've tryed and haven't worked:
- I've tore down and rebuilt my sheriff's medical lab.
- I've tried building the shooting range and lounge, two things a sheriff can upgrade higher.
- I've killed my sheriff and made a different character Sheriff leader
- Played with other characters for hours
- Used Win 10 apps & features "reset" function to force reinstall SoD 2

So I guess I'll leave that save alone until UL makes some patch fixes, and it better be retroactive

I just ran into this today, too, and hope this helps someone. I'm speaking in general terms here to make sure all the bases are covered for anyone else experiencing this. This is on Xbox One.

If you're no longer receiving Legacy missions, first, make sure you've absolutely taken out every plague heart. Your characters should remark about it when you've reached the last one, and the plague zombies should eventually disappear. If you know there's one left and Red Talon can't find it, you'll have to look for it yourself. Along with the survey points, I recommend using the survey car for it's wider mapping capability. You might also get a random mission to take it out.

If there are no more hearts, and you're still not receiving missions, try clearing every survey point. (credit to a Reddit user) I recommend using anyone except your leader for this. In my Builder game (in Cascade Hills), I'd already built the sniper tower, and did a few Legacy missions before they stopped. So, I destroyed the tower, kept clearing survey points, and when I was almost done, the Legacy missions restarted again. I can't confirm if it was the survey points that did it, but it worked. I had to redo the missions, including rebuilding the tower, but I was able to complete my game.

Alternatively, it was recommended to switch territories. You'll have to clear the plague hearts again, but it will hopefully fix the problem without you losing your enclave.

Some minor things that might help: Don't play as your leader when you're trying to get Legacy missions. Wait for the notification to switch to them and start the mission. Otherwise, they might not activate. Also, try simply reloading your game here and there. Sometimes this will kickstart things if something's stuck. It could also help to keep your enclave small to limit personal missions.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Xgbhx

Rescued Ally
With the final Warlord mission where *SPOILERS AHEAD*

You have to see who's on your Side and you search for clues where someone went, I looked everywhere, searched 4/4 containers and it's not progressing.
Edit: Spoiler tags exist for a reason - yjb

Last edited by a moderator:
@Xgbhx: I've noticed that since the 2.0 patch, whenever I'm supposed to find something in a location, it's often not there. Usually supplies, but sometimes other things. It could be related. I hope reloading the game helped you. I'm still playing on a previous save before 2.0, so I don't know if that's causing the problem.