Spoilers Known Game Lore

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
This thread will serve as a compilation of known game lore taken from: notes, sightings in the environment, devtalks and audio found in the game. I'll also post in updates from other community members here as we find things. Theories and the like can be found in the Scope/Timeline thread.

Longer link for our mobile users
https://www.draakdorei.com/forums/threads/scope-of-the-outbreak-timeline.493/

The following are lines from Sasquatch:

Blood Plague Lore:
"I ran into some lady the other day who was just sure the blood plague was a side effect from people getting vaccinations."
"I met this one guy who said he got blood plague from an old can of green beans"
"One thing I'm sure of about this blood plague. It ain't a god damn government conspiracy. As if the government could ever build something so effective."
Sasquatch's Take on the Zed Origins:
"From what I can tell, this shit spread way too fast to be a disease. Don't know what that means, but it's something"
Reporting on America:
"From what I hear, Memphis is flooded, Kansas City is on fire and nobody has heard shit from Chicago"
"I can now confirm the rumors of a safe zone outside of Spokane are 100% false."
Zed's Ability to Smell
"People ask me if the zeds have a good sense of smell. That there is some stupid shit. Think about the last time you took a shower, if the zeds could smell for shit, we'd all be fucking dead."
Hinting at new freak types!
"Let me ask you this, you think we've seen all the different kind of freaks there are? Or are there still crazy ass zombies waiting for us to stumble into them?"
There are also several references to Project Osiris from Sasquatch, Red Talon and The Network.

There is also Kami Beras talking about Camp Erie, a Red Talon mining camp that she later escapes from with a group of others who are gunned down by Red Talon.

I got one today from Lt. Meredith talking about rumours of Coast Guard One crash landing, and a possible sighting of the Vice President at a FEMA camp.

There was another radio call from Lt. Meredith where he was debunking and disavowing knowledge of CLEO drops.
On the topic of hordes moving in groups, I think Sasquatch mentions it once too. His experience was that while they move in groups, if the group gets too hungry, they eat one of the zombies so the rest can continue going.

I'll have to find the quote again to make sure I'm not mis-remembering that.

Last edited:

SwissArmyKnife

Alamo Radioman
Staff member
Day 41-42:
Red Talon has reclaimed the area surrounding Crow Lake and has set up a new base of operations. They've also moved Theresa Weston there. Ms. Weston and Lt. Meredith claim that this new location will allow them some breathing room from zed attacks and that they'll be able to quickly respond to distress calls from other survivor enclaves.
Developers already said that.. Black Fever was the boogie man name that people gave something they didn't know what it was... The medical definition that has been developed was Blood Plague
Is there any mention in game of the HFF and H2.0? I remember that was what a lot of us suspected had something to do with it on the UL forums.
nothing so far in over 50 days between my communities....only Lifeline mentions so far are Sasquatch still being alive and a radio from the mother of Hadley Westen (one of Lifeline high value targets...the idiot kid that thought you were from college board and wanted a gun because he has a "first amendment") saying the army failed to extract him from Danforth.....so either he cannonically dies in Lifeline or he hasnt got in touch with his mother in 18 months since he was evacuated to the state capital
Okay, just heard the message on the radio about Lily from Kami.

"Lily Ritter does not have to die."
"Red Talon has been stockpiling meds..."
"Her blood is on their hands"

So Kami is talking about Lily Ritter potentially dying but as we learn later, she assumes command of The Network.
Lt. Meredith discredits the myth that the zombies were caused by fracking.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.