Jug Edition - Impressions, finds & issues

Maltriagon

Alamo Rookie
Finally was able to move into the lumber mill. Gotta say that place is a lot of work to get up and running. Used one large space for an upgraded barracks, then I got my trade depot and three level 3 farms running. One for meds and two for food. It's great once you have it going but it's hard to get started. I just need to get an electrical specialized survivor so I can make the refrigerated storage.
Also having only 3 small spaces hurts but it's worth it for all my farms. Running kitchen, infirmary and workshop in my small slots. Power and water off outposts. The rest of my outposts are fuel and anything else I need I just use my trade depot for. Officially self sufficient.

DumplingBadger

Alamo Rookie
Finally was able to move into the lumber mill. Gotta say that place is a lot of work to get up and running. Used one large space for an upgraded barracks, then I got my trade depot and three level 3 farms running. One for meds and two for food. It's great once you have it going but it's hard to get started. I just need to get an electrical specialized survivor so I can make the refrigerated storage.
Also having only 3 small spaces hurts but it's worth it for all my farms. Running kitchen, infirmary and workshop in my small slots. Power and water off outposts. The rest of my outposts are fuel and anything else I need I just use my trade depot for. Officially self sufficient.
What difficulty is that on? That would make a fair bit of noise without mitigating bonuses and some type of watchtower.

CaptainAssassin

Zed Hunter
Cool. What should I be taking for Fighting specialization then for a Heavy Weapon person? Close Combat for breakage?

Edit- Yeah either that or Endurance for the health and reduction to injuries. It’s a bit weird they didn’t make a skill for it. It’s certainly not going to be intuitive.
I'm still experimenting:

Wits — I do like Discipline for the stamina bump and weapon durability.
Fighting — Close Combat is a nice fallback if your weapon breaks, but Endurance also makes sense for the vitality bump.

Maltriagon

Alamo Rookie
What difficulty is that on? That would make a fair bit of noise without mitigating bonuses and some type of watchtower.
I'm on dread. And yupp. I get attacked very often. I'm always on massive siege and I've fought off quite a few attacks with jugs and ferals present. I guess that's another downside. If you don't have a builder leader then no watchtower at that base. I'm just so used to being attacked I hardly notice anymore. Now that I've got everything built it's not so bad. I have a survivor with noise reduction but it still sits fairly high.

phil

Alamo Rookie
Don't worry, I'm sure it will come with a host of new bugs, while bringing back some of our "old favorites".
I wonder what 'undocumented features' that they will introduce to make our game playing challenging?

How about, with a driver and a passenger opening and closing their doors fast when they hit a rock/pebble/matchstick will they start flying, sod roads, we don't need roads where we are going

spacemousetw

Alamo Rookie
Undead Labs really need to tone down the fucking hostile NPC health. Just encountered a hostile who needed 5 headshots from my .50 cal Timberwolf before going down, and a 6th shot to finish off.
And they can finish you just by one .22 small gun from far far away you can't see them and through the wall. That's damn fair.

Ehrmagerdden

Rescued Ally
I like the update a lot, it's super great and all that, but my lord the bugs. Still so, so many bugs. And bugs that have been present since day one, or that were introduced with patches a year or more ago. Invisible zombies are still a thing (how are they still a thing?!) and one of my friends constantly has two juggernauts and two-to-three hordes directly outside of his base (Squelones Brewing Company) no matter how many times we kill them. That last one has been happening for a year, and is the reason (along with general inability to play on the Xbone because of performance issues) that he stopped playing in early 2019. To top it all off, I found a fuel depot in Cascade Hills yesterday where zombies continually spawn out of the floor, one by one, lying face down. They just grew out of the ground like fart bubbles from the undead god of the earth. I like this game - I really do - but I would also like to stop throwing my hands up and laughing at the comedy of errors every time I play it.

spacemousetw

Alamo Rookie
invisible zeds?You mean the zeds you can hear but you can't see them, right?
If it were this, yeah, that a problem since sod 2 release and never fixed.
By the way, most bugs they don't fix, my mission npc still hiding every where when I reach the mission point, I come, they go , and I found, and they leave. And recently, I found the mission which ask you to clear a full of zeds' auto repair shop didn't show you the position on the map. Yeah...this game is getting more and more bugs.
Clear infestation mission still can't find the last zed to finished...what bugs UL claim fixed actually seems never been fixed.

borobomb

Alamo Rookie
It doesn't seem like the no spawn after killing in an area works. No matter how many I kill they just keep coming. And I still get zeds spawning inside rooms I was just in that were empty. I also had a feral spawn on the roof of a large garage during a freak in (on?) the house mission.

phil

Alamo Rookie
It doesn't seem like the no spawn after killing in an area works. No matter how many I kill they just keep coming. And I still get zeds spawning inside rooms I was just in that were empty. I also had a feral spawn on the roof of a large garage during a freak in (on?) the house mission.
Spawining in an area that WAS clear happened to me on a regular basis. I feel your pain

Stealth Moose

Missing Survivor
Undead Labs really need to tone down the fucking hostile NPC health. Just encountered a hostile who needed 5 headshots from my .50 cal Timberwolf before going down, and a 6th shot to finish off.
I've gotten fond of throwing in bloater bombs and zombait and just letting nature sort them out. Their strafing patterns are really unnatural and it's harder to hit them sometimes than a charging feral.