I have a sneaky suspicion...

BobCrees

Alamo Family
I don't think any of the old characters should return because, as it's already been said, there's no guarantee any of them survive in the origina - I would definitely love to see at least some reference to the old Trumbull Valley crew though.
I am going to be 'Blunt' here and give MS a kicking, if they have not allowed UL to at least make some reference to the original game.

UL keep saying that they love their community, yes well okay the community focus did change from a Forum to Social Media, but it was the old Forum's that saw UL get the best selling XBox game in what was it 2016? And lets be honest built their fan base - Damn we still have members here on the Alamo -

SHOUT OUT to @MonPrinCe and @Stray Cat - who still post YouTube videos about YOSE - Join their YouTube channels or go without food for 3 days.

But back on topic - If there are no Easter Eggs about the characters that we all loved in the Story of SoD, then MicroSoft hang your head in shame, as not only have you let SoD fans down, but also caused UL some embarrassment.

@Undead Nicole @BrantFitz - No offence meant towards yourselves, as we all know that you wanted to, but could not tell us (We have all seen the stream @0.40 by now). As an aside and if either of you are in contact with Sanya, please point her in the direction of the Alamo. All she has to do is follow the light of the the lantern we have permanently lit, so missing old Forums survivors can find their way home.

Shady Allie

Rescued Ally

Blackthorne

Rescued Ally
At one time I was VERY big on wanting to see members of the original game community - particularly the "Big Three", Marcus, Ed and Maya - in SOD2. But with watching the latest IGN feeds and further thoughts on it all, I'm reconsidering that concept.

What I would like to see is the 'aftermath' of a community settlement that's been overrun, and there's little easter eggs/messages from the old community. Something along the lines of "We can't stay here. Not anymore. We're packing up, taking who we can, and heading to City X/State Y".

I'd be stoked to have them as potential community members, but to me it wouldn't make sense to have them start from scratch as recruits; as far as I'm concerned all their skills will be maxxed out and hardcore to the point where they make the comic version of Rick Grimes look like an amateur ;) so... perhaps not?

Leaving the tale open-ended where we don't know their ultimate fate; that's the ticket in my opinion :)

MonPrinCe

Rescued Ally
Thanks @BobCrees for the SO...i will never stop posting SOD vids...this game and tbe community have been my medicine when i lost my father...then when stuff at work was getting out of hand with bad people trying to overthrow me from my throne........now things are good...and i was able to get fiber internet (even if it costs quarter of my salary). I pre ordered SOD2...ultimate of course.....i'm helping new people who recently started playing sod yose......despite a jealous person who attacked me for mentioning arky....remember our discussion about him, my dear @SwissArmyKnife ?
Anyway....if UL hasn't made some references if the past heroes in SOD2, i think they can still do it in SOD3...i'm trusting UL.
Thanks y'all....thanks Bob
Love y'all.

Jack Talk Thai

Missing Survivor
If I were a writer/Dev for the series I'd definitely bring back the Wilkersons as major adversaries, and at least one of our main cast--possibly Ray Santos--would return as an enemy ( he's been through some shit, man). I LOVE the idea of finding remnants of Lily's stuff, unless she found the meds she needed--unlikely--she's no longer with us.

Just to screw with players' emotions I'd have re-animated Lily rarely spawn in the place you find her stuff.

BobCrees

Alamo Family
If I were a writer/Dev for the series I'd definitely bring back the Wilkersons as major adversaries, and at least one of our main cast--possibly Ray Santos--would return as an enemy ( he's been through some shit, man). I LOVE the idea of finding remnants of Lily's stuff, unless she found the meds she needed--unlikely--she's no longer with us.

Just to screw with players' emotions I'd have re-animated Lily rarely spawn in the place you find her stuff.
I would have kept Ray, but not as an 'Enemy' more of a 'Trader' :cool:

Leaving the tale open-ended where we don't know their ultimate fate; that's the ticket in my opinion :)
Yep, this is probably the best route UL could travel.
it wouldn't make sense to have them start from scratch as recruits;
Yeah, this is super annoying. There are several game series that continue through multiple iterations (Mass Effect being the most prominent) that always reset the characters to level one and strip away all or the vast majority of their skills.
Karen Tolbert is out there, and she's alive. Do you understand? Alive!
Naturally, her body is like 80% alcohol at this point. Her breath is pure ethanol, her blood is absinthe and her saliva the highest grade isopropyl observed in nature. For most saying there's fire in her veins is a metaphor, not so with Karen Tolbert!

mrmonst3r

Rescued Ally
It will be great to see some of the original survivors in the game! :) I think I might cry if Amelia Crasman doesn't make an appearance! She was the leader of my crew and my favourite zass (zombie ass) kicker!

BrantFitz

Missing Survivor
I am going to be 'Blunt' here and give MS a kicking, if they have not allowed UL to at least make some reference to the original game.

UL keep saying that they love their community, yes well okay the community focus did change from a Forum to Social Media, but it was the old Forum's that saw UL get the best selling XBox game in what was it 2016? And lets be honest built their fan base - Damn we still have members here on the Alamo -

SHOUT OUT to @MonPrinCe and @Stray Cat - who still post YouTube videos about YOSE - Join their YouTube channels or go without food for 3 days.

But back on topic - If there are no Easter Eggs about the characters that we all loved in the Story of SoD, then MicroSoft hang your head in shame, as not only have you let SoD fans down, but also caused UL some embarrassment.

@Undead Nicole @BrantFitz - No offence meant towards yourselves, as we all know that you wanted to, but could not tell us (We have all seen the stream @0.40 by now). As an aside and if either of you are in contact with Sanya, please point her in the direction of the Alamo. All she has to do is follow the light of the the lantern we have permanently lit, so missing old Forums survivors can find their way home.
If you look VERY hard, you might find something...