I have a sneaky suspicion...

Jack Talk Thai

Missing Survivor
...that we will see recognizable characters from the first game, like Maya, for example, as very rare survivors, complete with dialogue revealing what they've been up to since we last saw them. Again--very, very rare.

How cool would that be--a grizzled, thinner Ed talking about witnessing Marcus's death? Maya shows up alongside Shark Hoodie guy--and she's pregnant? Many of us would love to see the old cast again, and this would be a cool and unexpected way to do it. I can't stress enough how rare they should be--would be fun to see the forums go crazy when a few players stumble across a familiar face.

Erudain

Alamo Rookie
well I guess the same problem that always arise, there's no canon ending for neither story mode or lifeline....hell, my fist play ever in story mode Marcus bited the dust shortly after making it to the church on a sneaky feral, Ed died trying to get a CLEO drop and Maya is watching flowers grow from below ground after a car flip near the burning plane and an unlucky run in with a Jugg

Lily is the only community member guaranteed to survive SoD1.

Just sayin'.
And she's not long for this world either.

On the old board I speculated that a cool idea would be finding what was obviously an overrun homesite. There would be SoD style facilities in place and clear signs of battle; maybe an overturned guard tower or collapsed fencing. While exploring the area the player could find a radio room with Lily's corpse* and a journal.

*a fun addition would be to hint at Lily's essential status in the first game by having her surrounded by piles of dead zeds and freaks. :cool:

e5futter

Rescued Ally

On the old board I speculated that a cool idea would be finding what was obviously an overrun homesite. There would be SoD style facilities in place and clear signs of battle; maybe an overturned guard tower or collapsed fencing. While exploring the area the player could find a radio room with Lily's corpse* and a journal.

*a fun addition would be to hint at Lily's essential status in the first game by having her surrounded by piles of dead zeds and freaks. :cool:
That would be rather cool, or just a sad scene of a corpse with a pink hoodie lying in a bed somewhere. I made myself sad.

BobCrees

Alamo Family
Yes I would love to see some of the original characters appear in SoD2

See now that is an awesome idea.

That would be rather cool, or just a sad scene of a corpse with a pink hoodie lying in a bed somewhere. I made myself sad.
And another great thought - Is it Lily or not - Keeps us guessing.

What about all those wanted posters for Marcus - Okay they might be very tattered and faded by now - But there would still be that link with the old.

Yeah, I think I suggested finding her body in a bed in the original post, but didn't include it here because it's just too sad an end for our invincible zombie killing terminator.

Really though, there's nothing to worry about, what with Lily being Skynet and all. :)(y)