Question How to remove running and sprint zombies?

IzzacSturnburg

Missing Survivor
I know the file is in Zombietypes.xml but i'm curious do i just delete the lines or which should i edit? This way i can make a guide in XML edits to add to the list for difficulty adjustment mods for other members.

meklahi

Missing Survivor
To remove runner zombie and make them run slower you can by replacing all "UL_Zombie_Fast" to "UL_Zombie_Slow", GraphForcedState="Run" to GraphForcedState="Walk", edit InvestigateSpeed & PursueSpeed value (lower mean slower zombie), just make sure you dont mess up special zombie speed like feral

QMJS

Zed Hunter
You need to add some caveats/warnings to some of those edits.

Removing fast zombies can interfere with missions. In some cases they simply won't complete, as target zombies don't ever arrive, or extends the mission times considerably. These include the besieged and the various 'survivor in trouble' type missions.

Also, for the consumable stack size, if it is too large anything over the limit simply disappears when reloading the game, so that entire stack is lost.

Last edited:

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
It affects hordes as well. Mine just jog along instead of default sprint. I used to have them shamble but that was too slow.