How to kill bloaters with explosives?

Vahx

Alamo Rookie
So ive tried pipe bombs and grenades to kill a bloater but neither count as an explosion it seems.

I need 3 shitty kills for a bounty

Gmutant

Zed Hunter
Drone strike.

I wasn't getting the kills for the armored zeds in the pirate pack, so I just ended up using drone strikes.

FYI, even C4 wasn't strong enough to kill armored zeds.

Vahx

Alamo Rookie
Drone strike.

I wasn't getting the kills for the armored zeds in the pirate pack, so I just ended up using drone strikes.

FYI, even C4 wasn't strong enough to kill armored zeds.
Ooo drone strikes work? That would be sweet. Thankx

osamaclees

Alamo Rookie
soda can bombs worked fine for me for the "kill bloaters with explosives"

but then again they dont seem to count for "armoured zeds killed with explosives" bounty

just figured is buggy shrug

SomeRandomGuy

Zed Hunter
I've not tried soda can bombs, but I can confirm pipe bombs don't work for either one. Military grade explosives have all worked so far though, and artillery and drone strikes both count.

Going to try Whistling Box Mines next.

osamaclees

Alamo Rookie
ah pipe bombs were what i was going to try next for the armoured zeds, you saved me the hassle. ohwell time to use all that military grade explosives i have lying around and never use heh

soda can bombs 100% work for the bloater bounty as thats how i did mine, weird doesnt work for others

SomeRandomGuy

Zed Hunter
ah pipe bombs were what i was going to try next for the armoured zeds, you saved me the hassle. ohwell time to use all that military grade explosives i have lying around and never use heh

soda can bombs 100% work for the bloater bounty as thats how i did mine, weird doesnt work for others
Yeah....it's really weird that a soda can stuffed with gunpowder counts as an explosive but a pipe bomb doesn't.

SomeRandomGuy

Zed Hunter
Apparently you need to knock the helmets off armored zeds to be able to kill them with explosves, or use artillery/drone strikes because that's the only way to blow them up with their helmets on. Anything less just blows off their arms and legs and wastes your explosives.

QMJS

Zed Hunter
Apparently you need to knock the helmets off armored zeds to be able to kill them with explosves, or use artillery/drone strikes because that's the only way to blow them up with their helmets on. Anything less just blows off their arms and legs and wastes your explosives.
Actually, I never noticed... if you take the helmets off, do they every try to bite?