Question How moddable is SOD2?

DJB204

Alamo Rookie
The mod tool by Jedi Josh is good for swapping things already within the game such as items, vehicles, or characters. We’ve also seen mods that replace all zeds with either ferals or juggernauts. Are these the limitations? or can this game be truly modified? Can the world be altered? Can things be added to the game? Can numbers be changed such as damage, health, etc? Ignoring the terms of service, etc, How moddable is SOD2?

DJB204

Alamo Rookie
The game is modable to change numbers and properties but I believe if you mod to cheat, it’s an easy ban or suspension.
Ah, so it can be done offline in single player? If only I was fluent in modding, I play solo 95% of the time anyway. The things I would do, this game has so much potential.

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
Ah, so it can be done offline in single player? If only I was fluent in modding, I play solo 95% of the time anyway. The things I would do, this game has so much potential.
I believe you should be fine, just move them to an external flash drive or something, and hoping removing the mods don’t break your game’s files.

QMJS

Alamo Rookie
It is possible but limited. Nothing can be added, but properties can be changed by hex-editing some of the uasset files. In some cases you can move similar properties between files, but that gets quite complicated.

Josh hasn't updated his stuff since June, so it is missing a lot. Heilos's Community Editor 1.1.2a is up to date, as is the cheat engine table. All of those are available at https://discordapp.com/channels/444680056657412136/446452649928163349

There are a few other mods listed there in the #mods section, all hex edited stuff.

It does get boring even faster using them though. Personally I have two main groups, one modded and one fair.

"Undead Labs official policy on modding:
Officially, we do not support mods. However, this is not a server-hosted game, and other than security risks, which we do assess, we don't actively prevent people from modding. It's our policy that if you decide to use mods, you accept that you may not receive tech support. For those playing with modders, we recommend that you co-op with friends and players you trust. In the event that you co-op with a modder who griefs you, please report that person's gamertag. "

DJB204

Alamo Rookie
It is possible but limited. Nothing can be added, but properties can be changed by hex-editing some of the uasset files. In some cases you can move similar properties between files, but that gets quite complicated.

Josh hasn't updated his stuff since June, so it is missing a lot. Heilos's Community Editor 1.1.2a is up to date, as is the cheat engine table. All of those are available at https://discordapp.com/channels/444680056657412136/446452649928163349

There are a few other mods listed there in the #mods section, all hex edited stuff.

It does get boring even faster using them though. Personally I have two main groups, one modded and one fair.

"Undead Labs official policy on modding:
Officially, we do not support mods. However, this is not a server-hosted game, and other than security risks, which we do assess, we don't actively prevent people from modding. It's our policy that if you decide to use mods, you accept that you may not receive tech support. For those playing with modders, we recommend that you co-op with friends and players you trust. In the event that you co-op with a modder who griefs you, please report that person's gamertag. "
The link isn’t working for me.