Hearing voices...

Vursuli

Alamo Rookie
Xbox One: Offline

I had been playing SoD 2 on and off all day, and so it was sort of creepy to just hear the scuffle of a microphone out of nowhere for about 20 seconds, then to hear someone say,
"I'm going to get food,"

and another voice reply, "I thought you just went?" and then the mic cuts and nothing else.

I figured I must still be in online mode, but sure enough, I was playing offline as I tend to do. I had turned the game off over night, and never went to online mode. Being p2p, it sort of makes me paranoid because at any given time I don't know who my box is connecting to.

Anyone else have this happen to them? Or know of any reason in offline mode (and not in a party) I'd get chatter through my headphones?

Vursuli

Alamo Rookie
All dismissive jokes aside, and while I appreciate alternative suggestions, I'm positive what I heard.

It sounded like a mic was turned on with that loud annoying humming along with scruffle's like the mic was hitting something. Then dialogue. Then it cut out.

It's not the first time I've heard this in SoD 2, it happened multiple times when joining someone's online game using the volunteer option. But never in offline mode.

chikawowwow

Alamo Rookie
All dismissive jokes aside, and while I appreciate alternative suggestions, I'm positive what I heard.

It sounded like a mic was turned on with that loud annoying humming along with scruffle's like the mic was hitting something. Then dialogue. Then it cut out.

It's not the first time I've heard this in SoD 2, it happened multiple times when joining someone's online game using the volunteer option. But never in offline mode.
I've had people on my friends list be able to hear me talking in a party which they were not part of. I don't really have an explanation other than UL is creating SkyNet.

OKAY IT HAPPENED TO ME!

I've been in offline mode for the last few days since I am modding one of my communities. I don't want to experiment with modding while online in case the game crashes and sends an error report to MS or UL. I don't know if it's possible, but I am not even taking the chance. So, I loaded the game after modding it with JoshJedi's 1.1 and I don't record if I'm not online. I wish I had. I caught a breathy conversation between two guys trying to direct each other to do stuff. I paused the game and checked to make sure I was offline. I am offline. I went back in and nothing. It was like truly being offline. Then I checked Discord and all the channels are muted as usual. So, that was just weird. The heavy breathing into the mic is indicative of someone talking too close to their mic.