Guns! Guns! Guns!

Gmutant

Zed Hunter
yeah can own detachable mag bolt actions, just detachable mag semis that are banned. i could own a sks due to its duckbill mag but personally think they junk. or a m1 garand but ill never get one of those in nz.
that mossberg MVP looks pretty sweet, do they do a full size version? ie 20inch barrel? dont hunt so dont need carbine rather have a full size rifle. cant find any in new zealand though :( dont know what our import rules will be like now either
might get my pistol licence since hand guns dont seem to be considered as "dangerous" :rolleyes: like the super evil little black rifle.............
i looked at some lever actions, i like me some good ol cowboy guns in 45-70 but they crazy expensive here

edit: oh the site that the mossberg links too says they discontinued?
Mossberg still manufactures the MVP line, they discontinued the Thunder Ranch limited edition rifles.

Maybe these will tickle your fancy.

MVP Predator:

MVP Long Range:

Gmutant

Zed Hunter
@osamaclees .

Another option is the Remington 700 SPS Tactical. While it doesn't come with a detachable magazine, you can purchase after market magazine wells that take detachable mags.

Remington SPS Tactical:

Remington SPA Tactical AAC (threaded barrel)

Magazine well upgrade for Remington BDL:

osamaclees

Rescued Ally

Gmutant

Zed Hunter
The Patriots are budget rifles. I've heard mixed things about them. The MVP rifles are a step above the Patriot rifles in terms of features and quality control.

Also, I don't believe that the Patriot rifles will accept detachable magazines.

osamaclees

Rescued Ally
ok so NZ police have put out a price list for the gun buy back
they are not paying retail and instead a "base price" which is grossly under valued. for example a colt ar15 they have put base price 3500 whereas they sell for 5000-8000 depending on condition retail here and they are also only paying 70% of the base price for used guns
so anyone with a colt ar15 will only receive NZ$2450, absolutely disgusting
all historic and extemely rare and valueable firearms are used, fucking idiots

magazines only paying 70% of base price which once again is massively undervalued, and wont be paying for any parts that arnt core related (eg will buy back bolts for fuck all but will not buy quad rails) and wont buy back safes that had to be purchased specially for some rifles.

knew this would happen and knew we would get screwed so not quite as pissed off as i should be, but i am pissed
i will be talking to local MP, local firearms officer and will be lawyering up

wish me luck

Gmutant

Zed Hunter
ok so NZ police have put out a price list for the gun buy back
they are not paying retail and instead a "base price" which is grossly under valued. for example a colt ar15 they have put base price 3500 whereas they sell for 5000-8000 depending on condition retail here and they are also only paying 70% of the base price for used guns
so anyone with a colt ar15 will only receive NZ$2450, absolutely disgusting
all historic and extemely rare and valueable firearms are used, fucking idiots

magazines only paying 70% of base price which once again is massively undervalued, and wont be paying for any parts that arnt core related (eg will buy back bolts for fuck all but will not buy quad rails) and wont buy back safes that had to be purchased specially for some rifles.

knew this would happen and knew we would get screwed so not quite as pissed off as i should be, but i am pissed
i will be talking to local MP, local firearms officer and will be lawyering up

wish me luck
Does New Zealand have Ex Post Facto laws? If you do, you can't really be penalized for not turning them in. If they were legally purchased before the ban, they should be grandfathered.

But I'm no lawyer, so don't take my word for anything.

osamaclees

Rescued Ally
@Dunadain not willing to say anything online ;)

but there will be no grandfather clause they have already said that no one will receive any exemption, although ill ask lawyer about that
that law just applies to penalties though doesnt it? ie they can still take my rifles but cannot charge me for illegally having them as i already had them before law change?

Gmutant

Zed Hunter
@Dunadain not willing to say anything online ;)

but there will be no grandfather clause they have already said that no one will receive any exemption, although ill ask lawyer about that
that law just applies to penalties though doesnt it? ie they can still take my rifles but cannot charge me for illegally having them as i already had them before law change?
Better speak to someone with a law degree. Again, I'm no lawyer.

BobCrees

Alamo Family
off to the gun buyback event tomorrow

wonder how much arguing its going to take to get fair value on all accessories and how much of a massive headache ill have at the end sigh
When the UK had the knee jerk reaction and banned all hand guns, my Dad was lucky, as the two police officers who accessed his collection, knew what they were doing. He got a fair price for his guns and some ended up in a museum. F*&king shame though, as I missed my monthly shooting with him.

I could never and still cannot understand, why they banned single shot .22 rimfire pistols, but allowed you to keep shotguns.

Last edited: