Guns! Guns! Guns!

I thought it'd be a revolver. How did a DE turn into a Vulture.
It's another large carnivorous bird that can be found in deserts.... it was called the Condor (.50) in SoD1— but I think Vulture sounds more menacing. You know, since vultures eat dead and rotting things, and zeds are... yeah.

Last edited:

DrakeGmbH

Missing Survivor
Still waiting to see when the TAC-14 ‘hardwood’ is going to make it to market. Although I have a Shockwave, I could stand to own a WitPro-replica Remington.

In other news, I finally got my Colt 1903 and FN 1910 back. They both had splotchy cold blue finishes and cracked grips when I purchased them - about $450 total investment for the pair. A friend of mine restored them to wonderful condition. Not museum-level restorations as the rollmarks did get fainter (hard to avoid when you have to deal with pitting) but given their ‘shooter’ status before this is a vast improvement.

I’ll attach some before and after photos.

Attachments

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
I don't know much about the Glock series, but I know they are adjustable to your style, as in you can add attachments, they provide great stability with cheap ammo, great grip and not too hard to manage.

If I were to get a gun, my choice would be a Glock first.

Then again, don't take my word cause I may just provide some nonsense XD

odf14

Alamo Rookie
Great Democratic People's Republic of Illinois
Thinking about picking up a Glock 19 gen 4. Thoughts and opinions would be appreciated. Reviews I've seen are mostly favorable, but I'd like real human input.
Glocks are okay guns, but I'm not a huge fan of "I'll crack if you look at me wrong" polymer-frame weapons (although, to be fair, you usually have to be really mistreating the gun to do that). Personally, I still swear by my M1911A1, which has never given me any problems, but to each his own.

.45, 'cause there ain't no .46.

I don't know much about the Glock series, but I know they are adjustable to your style, as in you can add attachments, they provide great stability with cheap ammo, great grip and not too hard to manage.

If I were to get a gun, my choice would be a Glock first.

Then again, don't take my word cause I may just provide some nonsense XD
You can add attachments to any weapon, as long as it can accept a rail. Which these days, is most of them.

Gmutant

Alamo Rookie
Thinking about picking up a Glock 19 gen 4. Thoughts and opinions would be appreciated. Reviews I've seen are mostly favorable, but I'd like real human input.
I've got a Glock 19 Gen 4. My biggest peeve with it is the stock/factory trigger. For whatever reason (has something to do with import laws), the G19 trigger has ridges on it, which has a cheese grater effect on my finger. So if you do pick up a G19, I'd swap the stock trigger out with one from the G17.

Any reason you aren't looking at Gen 5 G19? It doesn't have finger grooves molded into the grip and it also has extra milling around the muzzle end of the slide to aid in holstering.

Some competitive options to the Gen 4/5 G19:

Ruger Security 9: $385 NIB around here

Walther Creed: $390 NIB here

Steyr M series: ? Good luck finding one

CZ P10C: $425 NIB here

.45 will pack a punch, speaking of the M1911A1, they hold 7-8 shots as well as a good menacing look.
Depends on the magazine. Most mags hold 7 or 8 rounds, but you can find 10 and 18 shot single stack mags. If you pick up a double stack 1911, like a Remington or STI, you can get 14 or 15 in standard configuration, and I think they make 22 shot mags for competition guns.