Good choice of vehicles to bring to new map?

TheWalkingDead

Missing Survivor
I have two parking spots at my base (corner office) and was thinking of bringing the Burninator and a survey vehicle. Or could I move to the base with the most parking spots on my current map then take more vehicles to the new map?

Thought the update made that possible. I even seen a playthrough where the vehicles went to the other map after you make your first base.
Oh right, forgot about that. Shows how long it's been since I've bothered switching maps. If you've got more vehicles than those that you really want to bring then yeah, might as well move bases first so you don't lose them.

odf14

Alamo Rookie
Great Democratic People's Republic of Illinois
You don't bring any vehicles when you switch maps.
That's actually more accurate than you might think. You're supposed to bring the vehicles in the parking spots with you when you change maps. Most times, however . . . you will not. But rest assured, according to the new Undead Labs doublethink, that's not a bug, it's a feature.

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
Thought the update made that possible. I even seen a playthrough where the vehicles went to the other map after you make your first base.
It's kind of a 50-50 flip of the coin type of deal.....also it's not how many parking spots it goes by parked car. Had 2 spots with 4 parked cars and got lucky and all 4 made it. But I lost all the rucks that was in them lol

Thrillskr

Missing Survivor
It's not random and not 'most of the time it will not'. The cars will not follow You to Meagher Valley and one of the spawn locations on Drucker County (the easternmost one, north of the clinic that's in the middle of nowhere). Rest are fine. (Source : tested moving maps with a friend multiple times.)
I've kept the same roster of core cars for 5 maps now - 2 Pilato CRs for general use, Cop car because it's cool, and Roadracer MX for when i just need to zoom around the map without any looting.

edit: Oh and yeah, whatever You leave in the trunk does not move with the car. It seems to keep any damage and fuel tho, oddly enough.

Pipe Bomber

Missing Survivor
I just finished a play through, skipped the credits and started again straight away with three survivors from the previous game.

I started with a utility truck, which had 2 fuel rucks and a Jerry can in the trunk (made that journey to the Vogel house quite easy..) It was the exact same vehicle, with trunk items, that I had just used to drive to the final legacy mission on the previous playthrough.

How is it that this can happen, but it goes to rat shit if I just move map?