Feline Fancy

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
Ok it's not a cat but I'll put it here. A little over 7 years ago my sister found a baby squirrel(hardly any fur and eyes still closed) on the ground by her house, she was badly hurt and covered with ants. Knowing how much I love animals she brought to me and I nursed her back to health. This pic was taken about 2 weeks before I took her to Wild Care so she could be released far away from the city on land where no hunting is allowed.
295910_211400512264728_2056708594_n.jpg
she's sneaking up on the newspaper shaking for tail in a show of I'm bigger than you

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
Felix1.jpg Felix2.jpg

Felix. Part Persian, part Ragdoll. He was probably about 12, 13. Was.
I found him this morning, in the garden, he'd gone. For the past few weeks he was getting thinner. He'd eat but it'd have no effect. He may've been constipated as well, which was why I had planned on taking him to the vet. It could've been a virus he had or just old age. He used to be a heavy cat, not overweight - he'd stop when he was full, unlike one of our dogs.

Yesterday, here, was pretty hot. I saw him in the shade outside one of the back doors, just flopped out. He did a lot of lying down. He'd come in, eat, then flop in front of the fridge on the tiles. He didn't eat at all yesterday, it's not unusual with our pets (except Sophie the miniature long-haired labrador - not really, she's a maltese terrier who eats all the time, if she can).
In the afternoon we had an electrical storm, which cooled it right down. It rained big fat drops for about 5 minutes, then stopped. It didn't rain overnight. I think he was there yesterday afternoon as there's the impressions of big fat raindrops on his fur.

I was going to take him to the vet earlier in the week but, as we're moving, coming and going from the storage container (and Dad between here and his place in the south) it got late. Most times if you want to find Felix he's who-knows-where. He was a wanderer. Visited a neighbour a couple of paddocks over. He was also a rabbit hunter. He always knew where home was, though. Always came home.
His sister disappeared several years ago, we think she got bitten by a snake. She always came home, too. Never went near anyone not us.
Both of them were super affectionate, it was how we'd treated them when they were kittens - plus as they were both part ragdoll they were just naturally floppy, huggy cats.
I knew he wasn't going to last the week. We move out on Saturday, possibly Friday. Depends. My Mum is not well (head cold) so we can't do too much in one day.

If I ever get my own place I doubt I'll get a cat, or a dog, or a budgie. Maybe a fish or 6. Tropical, something different (we've usually only had goldfish and fighting fish). I've never had to bury any of our previous cats and dogs, only my budgies and fish. My Dad is the undertaker, and the tarantula banisher.

Felix loved everyone, and everyone loved him :)

I am so so sorry.
View attachment 2349 View attachment 2350

Felix. Part Persian, part Ragdoll. He was probably about 12, 13. Was.
I found him this morning, in the garden, he'd gone. For the past few weeks he was getting thinner. He'd eat but it'd have no effect. He may've been constipated as well, which was why I had planned on taking him to the vet. It could've been a virus he had or just old age. He used to be a heavy cat, not overweight - he'd stop when he was full, unlike one of our dogs.

Yesterday, here, was pretty hot. I saw him in the shade outside one of the back doors, just flopped out. He did a lot of lying down. He'd come in, eat, then flop in front of the fridge on the tiles. He didn't eat at all yesterday, it's not unusual with our pets (except Sophie the miniature long-haired labrador - not really, she's a maltese terrier who eats all the time, if she can).
In the afternoon we had an electrical storm, which cooled it right down. It rained big fat drops for about 5 minutes, then stopped. It didn't rain overnight. I think he was there yesterday afternoon as there's the impressions of big fat raindrops on his fur.

I was going to take him to the vet earlier in the week but, as we're moving, coming and going from the storage container (and Dad between here and his place in the south) it got late. Most times if you want to find Felix he's who-knows-where. He was a wanderer. Visited a neighbour a couple of paddocks over. He was also a rabbit hunter. He always knew where home was, though. Always came home.
His sister disappeared several years ago, we think she got bitten by a snake. She always came home, too. Never went near anyone not us.
Both of them were super affectionate, it was how we'd treated them when they were kittens - plus as they were both part ragdoll they were just naturally floppy, huggy cats.
I knew he wasn't going to last the week. We move out on Saturday, possibly Friday. Depends. My Mum is not well (head cold) so we can't do too much in one day.

If I ever get my own place I doubt I'll get a cat, or a dog, or a budgie. Maybe a fish or 6. Tropical, something different (we've usually only had goldfish and fighting fish). I've never had to bury any of our previous cats and dogs, only my budgies and fish. My Dad is the undertaker, and the tarantula banisher.

Felix loved everyone, and everyone loved him :)