Feline Fancy

SailorWolf

Alamo Rookie
Ok it's not a cat but I'll put it here. A little over 7 years ago my sister found a baby squirrel(hardly any fur and eyes still closed) on the ground by her house, she was badly hurt and covered with ants. Knowing how much I love animals she brought to me and I nursed her back to health. This pic was taken about 2 weeks before I took her to Wild Care so she could be released far away from the city on land where no hunting is allowed.
295910_211400512264728_2056708594_n.jpg
she's sneaking up on the newspaper shaking for tail in a show of I'm bigger than you

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
Felix1.jpgFelix2.jpg

Felix. Part Persian, part Ragdoll. He was probably about 12, 13. Was.
I found him this morning, in the garden, he'd gone. For the past few weeks he was getting thinner. He'd eat but it'd have no effect. He may've been constipated as well, which was why I had planned on taking him to the vet. It could've been a virus he had or just old age. He used to be a heavy cat, not overweight - he'd stop when he was full, unlike one of our dogs.

Yesterday, here, was pretty hot. I saw him in the shade outside one of the back doors, just flopped out. He did a lot of lying down. He'd come in, eat, then flop in front of the fridge on the tiles. He didn't eat at all yesterday, it's not unusual with our pets (except Sophie the miniature long-haired labrador - not really, she's a maltese terrier who eats all the time, if she can).
In the afternoon we had an electrical storm, which cooled it right down. It rained big fat drops for about 5 minutes, then stopped. It didn't rain overnight. I think he was there yesterday afternoon as there's the impressions of big fat raindrops on his fur.

I was going to take him to the vet earlier in the week but, as we're moving, coming and going from the storage container (and Dad between here and his place in the south) it got late. Most times if you want to find Felix he's who-knows-where. He was a wanderer. Visited a neighbour a couple of paddocks over. He was also a rabbit hunter. He always knew where home was, though. Always came home.
His sister disappeared several years ago, we think she got bitten by a snake. She always came home, too. Never went near anyone not us.
Both of them were super affectionate, it was how we'd treated them when they were kittens - plus as they were both part ragdoll they were just naturally floppy, huggy cats.
I knew he wasn't going to last the week. We move out on Saturday, possibly Friday. Depends. My Mum is not well (head cold) so we can't do too much in one day.

If I ever get my own place I doubt I'll get a cat, or a dog, or a budgie. Maybe a fish or 6. Tropical, something different (we've usually only had goldfish and fighting fish). I've never had to bury any of our previous cats and dogs, only my budgies and fish. My Dad is the undertaker, and the tarantula banisher.

Felix loved everyone, and everyone loved him :)

XzerothreeX

Alamo Rookie
I am so so sorry.
View attachment 2349View attachment 2350

Felix. Part Persian, part Ragdoll. He was probably about 12, 13. Was.
I found him this morning, in the garden, he'd gone. For the past few weeks he was getting thinner. He'd eat but it'd have no effect. He may've been constipated as well, which was why I had planned on taking him to the vet. It could've been a virus he had or just old age. He used to be a heavy cat, not overweight - he'd stop when he was full, unlike one of our dogs.

Yesterday, here, was pretty hot. I saw him in the shade outside one of the back doors, just flopped out. He did a lot of lying down. He'd come in, eat, then flop in front of the fridge on the tiles. He didn't eat at all yesterday, it's not unusual with our pets (except Sophie the miniature long-haired labrador - not really, she's a maltese terrier who eats all the time, if she can).
In the afternoon we had an electrical storm, which cooled it right down. It rained big fat drops for about 5 minutes, then stopped. It didn't rain overnight. I think he was there yesterday afternoon as there's the impressions of big fat raindrops on his fur.

I was going to take him to the vet earlier in the week but, as we're moving, coming and going from the storage container (and Dad between here and his place in the south) it got late. Most times if you want to find Felix he's who-knows-where. He was a wanderer. Visited a neighbour a couple of paddocks over. He was also a rabbit hunter. He always knew where home was, though. Always came home.
His sister disappeared several years ago, we think she got bitten by a snake. She always came home, too. Never went near anyone not us.
Both of them were super affectionate, it was how we'd treated them when they were kittens - plus as they were both part ragdoll they were just naturally floppy, huggy cats.
I knew he wasn't going to last the week. We move out on Saturday, possibly Friday. Depends. My Mum is not well (head cold) so we can't do too much in one day.

If I ever get my own place I doubt I'll get a cat, or a dog, or a budgie. Maybe a fish or 6. Tropical, something different (we've usually only had goldfish and fighting fish). I've never had to bury any of our previous cats and dogs, only my budgies and fish. My Dad is the undertaker, and the tarantula banisher.

Felix loved everyone, and everyone loved him :)

SomeRandomGuy

Alamo Rookie
Callie, I adopted her from the township animal shelter about 7 years ago. The info the people who dropped her off left said she was 8, so that would make her about 15 now. She has gotten grumpy in her old age but not aggressive. She doesn't bother the other Cats unless they bother her first, at which point she smacks the shit out of them and will chase them and continue smacking the shit out of them until they get the message.

She really likes being near the wood stove in the winter.

Fresca I adopted from the animal rescue I volunteered at. She's about 5 now and still likes to run around and play. She's also a lap Cat and likes to climb on shoulders. Most of the people at the rescue thought she was a mean nasty Cat but I could tell she wasn't because she only got nasty if she got too much attention or was exposed to too much sight/sound/smell all at once.....which was quite often since there were usually 40+ Cats there at any one time. She's been fine ever since I brought her home but she still has her moments, usually at feeding time when all 4 Cats are in the same area.

Even Fresca occasionally lays on her back, but if you touch her belly you probably will not survive.

Patch and Alana I adopted together from the same rescue. Patch was a dropoff in the area I live in, it's farm country so lots of morons think it's a good idea to take their animals and dump them off here. I live trapped her and the 2 Kittens she had with her and fostered them for a while, then took them to the rescue when there was room. Alana is a Cat I had fostered for a while when she wasn't doing very well there, it helped her to open up and she did much better after that. Alana was one of the young mothers we had, barely out of being a Kitten herself she had a litter at about 8 months.

Patch is missing her right eye. Given how terrified of and aggressive toward me she was, and of hands in particular when I first rescued her, it's most likely that it was done to her by whoever dumped her off. Her and Callie seem to have an understanding, she does not bother Callie and Callie does not bother her.

Alana is a Torbie, that is a Tabby with Tortoiseshell coloring. She also has rather unique eyes.

The Kittens that were with Patch when I rescued her. Pipsqueak is the one on the left, and is Patch's Kitten. Zorro is on the right and is not hers (the Vet put her at 6 weeks and Pipsqueak at 8 weeks), but Patch took her in anyway. These two were inseparable from the first time I saw them running around outside, and still prefer eachother's company over the other Kittens that are in the same enclosure at the rescue.

Family portrait.

Tortzilla is another Cat I fostered. She had similar issues as Fresca, only worse. She was much happier being in a quieter environment, and while she's more aloof and spent most of her time doing her own thing she's still perfectly adoptable despite what some people had thought.

She got along ok with Fresca, they weren't exactly best friends but they'd occasionally play together.

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
Over the years we took in abandoned cats. A Birman, chocolate-point Himalayan (she ran away, unfortunately), a tortie (still have her), Felix and Bella were giveaways.
We bred Himalayans (colorpoint Persians) for a while. We had a show cat, Misty Blue, then got Simone. Those two had three litters. Their 1st litter didn't survive, 2nd did but only 2 kittens, that we kept (Charlie and Sam - blue and chocolate point).
Sam got hit by a car one morning. Charlie lived until an old age.
Next litter had Chloe and two others who we sold. Chloe was about 8 before she had a problem with her tail and it had to be removed. She had toilet problems after that. Went downhill and had to be put to sleep.
Misty Blue got hit by a car.
Simone lived until an old age. Buried on our property.
Sooty was a blue fluffy persian. My sisters cat. Around 5 he got hit by a car.
(Wish we'd kept them in our enclosure and not allowed to leave the yard).
Nina the Birman was abandoned by her owners after they moved. We took her in and she lived to an old age.
Shelton was my moggy/calico. Male. So not full calico. He lived until old age but died of feline aids.
Kallie, Shelton's sister, and my sister's cat, lived an old age. Like Bella she was always a small cat.
Mishka, tortie/calico/not sure, has been in numerous shelters and homes until we rescued her. God knows how old she is. Easily 18. We still have her today. Moving house? Yeah, used to it. Existing pets? She gets them under control. If she's sitting in the hallway/doorway the others (2 maltese shihtzu and labradoodle) can't walk past without being swatted.
Mishka is the last. For now.

I don't have pics of all of them on my phone. Mishka probably. I'll see if it attaches.
Edit: I'll attach one when I get to my pc :)

XzerothreeX

Alamo Rookie
Callie, I adopted her from the township animal shelter about 7 years ago. The info the people who dropped her off left said she was 8, so that would make her about 15 now. She has gotten grumpy in her old age but not aggressive. She doesn't bother the other Cats unless they bother her first, at which point she smacks the shit out of them and will chase them and continue smacking the shit out of them until they get the message.
View attachment 2444

She really likes being near the wood stove in the winter.
View attachment 2453

Fresca I adopted from the animal rescue I volunteered at. She's about 5 now and still likes to run around and play. She's also a lap Cat and likes to climb on shoulders. Most of the people at the rescue thought she was a mean nasty Cat but I could tell she wasn't because she only got nasty if she got too much attention or was exposed to too much sight/sound/smell all at once.....which was quite often since there were usually 40+ Cats there at any one time. She's been fine ever since I brought her home but she still has her moments, usually at feeding time when all 4 Cats are in the same area.
View attachment 2446

Even Fresca occasionally lays on her back, but if you touch her belly you probably will not survive.
View attachment 2454

Patch and Alana I adopted together from the same rescue. Patch was a dropoff in the area I live in, it's farm country so lots of morons think it's a good idea to take their animals and dump them off here. I live trapped her and the 2 Kittens she had with her and fostered them for a while, then took them to the rescue when there was room. Alana is a Cat I had fostered for a while when she wasn't doing very well there, it helped her to open up and she did much better after that. Alana was one of the young mothers we had, barely out of being a Kitten herself she had a litter at about 8 months.
View attachment 2445

Patch is missing her right eye. Given how terrified of and aggressive toward me she was, and of hands in particular when I first rescued her, it's most likely that it was done to her by whoever dumped her off. Her and Callie seem to have an understanding, she does not bother Callie and Callie does not bother her.
View attachment 2447

Alana is a Torbie, that is a Tabby with Tortoiseshell coloring. She also has rather unique eyes.
View attachment 2448

The Kittens that were with Patch when I rescued her. Pipsqueak is the one on the left, and is Patch's Kitten. Zorro is on the right and is not hers (the Vet put her at 6 weeks and Pipsqueak at 8 weeks), but Patch took her in anyway. These two were inseparable from the first time I saw them running around outside, and still prefer eachother's company over the other Kittens that are in the same enclosure at the rescue.
View attachment 2449

Family portrait.
View attachment 2450

Tortzilla is another Cat I fostered. She had similar issues as Fresca, only worse. She was much happier being in a quieter environment, and while she's more aloof and spent most of her time doing her own thing she's still perfectly adoptable despite what some people had thought.
View attachment 2451

She got along ok with Fresca, they weren't exactly best friends but they'd occasionally play together.
View attachment 2452
That is a pack of lovely kitties. Good man.