Fallout 76 - Things to Know

You CAN avoid PVP, once you are killed on purpose, the player has a bounty on their head, unless you shoot back.
This is interesting but I'm not sure if it'll work as well in practice as it sounds on paper. The system sounds more like it'll punish players that refuse to fight back more than those that indiscriminately kill others.
You only drop nothing if you're murdered. and if you are in a fight with them, you drop only junk and caps/XP
I'd like to believe that this is going to discourage random acts of slaughter but for those players whose reward is murder and mayhem, sadly such systems will matter little.

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
This is interesting but I'm not sure if it'll work as well in practice as it sounds on paper. The system sounds more like it'll punish players that refuse to fight back more than those that indiscriminately kill others.

I'd like to believe that this is going to discourage random acts of slaughter but for those players whose reward is murder and mayhem, sadly such systems will matter little.
Say what you will about the mass murdering, there's a big price on your head and you're paying it out of your own caps, there will also be bounty hunters as well, not to mention the map is large and you'll know someone is heading towards your direction unless they're sneaking their way towards you.
I like how Todd Howard is going with this and it's awesome. maybe I won't go on a mass murdering spree after all.

If you shoot it near or on someone, they could gain the benefit of looting first.
That has got to be the the first time in history anyone has made the argument that people getting nuked may have it better than those doing the nuking. It's a strange thought, yes? Also, if you fire of a warhead at someone and they survive, there's an argument that they earned whatever loot they can get from the experience.

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
That has got to be the the first time in history anyone has made the argument that people getting nuked may have it better than those doing the nuking. It's a strange thought, yes? Also, if you fire of a warhead at someone and they survive, there's an argument that they earned whatever loot they can get from the experience.
It's dangerous as well to lurk through the fallout. better gear up than be dead and sorry.

Rebel36

Rescued Ally
You know I was initially excited about this game but the more I began to learn about it the less excited I became. I'm right now at the point that I could care less. It just doesn't seem like a game I want to play. I'm far more anxious to learn more about Starfield.

You know I was initially excited about this game but the more I began to learn about it the less excited I became. I'm right now at the point that I could care less. It just doesn't seem like a game I want to play. I'm far more anxious to learn more about Starfield.
I'd be interested to see what Starfield is all about if it wasn't a bethesda title. They've always been famous for buggy glitchy releases that modders have to fix with unofficial patches but lately they've been straight up toxic.

Starfield is probably going to be a fully integrated creation club release with day 1 DLC.

Rebel36

Rescued Ally
I'd be interested to see what Starfield is all about if it wasn't a bethesda title. They've always been famous for buggy glitchy releases that modders have to fix with unofficial patches but lately they've been straight up toxic.

Starfield is probably going to be a fully integrated creation club release with day 1 DLC.
I guess we will see but I am hopeful. As @Righteous Ham said I am hoping it will take the bitter taste of the last ME out of my mouth. I really want a good RPG with a space sci-fi setting. Of course I have had my hopes and expectations dashed before. I'm looking at you SOD2, ending of ME3, ME:A, DA2.

I love that Bethesda is so open to the modding community but I can't help but feel that's enabled Bethesda to get away with some seriously shady behavior. I fear what you say is true but hope, perhaps naively, that they don't turn their backs so severally against their players as to implement that creation club bull as the primary source of mods.

odf14

Alamo Rookie
Great Democratic People's Republic of Illinois
I guess we will see but I am hopeful. As @Righteous Ham said I am hoping it will take the bitter taste of the last ME out of my mouth. I really want a good RPG with a space sci-fi setting. Of course I have had my hopes and expectations dashed before. I'm looking at you SOD2, ending of ME3, ME:A, DA2.
Might I suggest Cyberpunk 2077 when it comes out, to scratch that itch? It's not a space opera, but it is sci-fi and it's by CD Projekt Red, so you can't go wrong there . . .

Rebel36

Rescued Ally
Might I suggest Cyberpunk 2077 when it comes out, to scratch that itch? It's not a space opera, but it is sci-fi and it's by CD Projekt Red, so you can't go wrong there . . .
Oh yes! It is definitely on my radar. You can't go wrong with anything CD Projekt Red comes out with. Great suggestion!:)

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
Fallout 76 got a new video with settlement building or called C.A.M.P

This is your place to live and you can place it anywhere you can place it.
-Keeps blueprints of your building so you can place anywhere once settling on a spot.
-Cheap to repair
-Loot found cannot be stolen
-Creatures or players can stumble upon you CAMP and either fight or pass by.
-Transportable, like I stated on the first claim, you can traverse around the map onto a CAMP location and set your blueprints in a desired location.
-Friends can access any usable station and use their own materials. (Possibility of settling near you)