Fallout 76 - Things to Know

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
"Bethesda Game Studios, the award-winning creators of Skyrim and Fallout 4, welcome you to Fallout 76, the online prequel where every surviving human is a real person. Work together, or not, to survive. Under the threat of nuclear annihilation, you'll experience the largest, most dynamic world ever created in the legendary Fallout universe."

"Reclamation Day, 2102. Twenty-Five years after the bombs fall, you and your fellow Vault Dwellers-chosen from the nation's best and brightest - emerge into the post-nuclear America. Play solo or join together as you explore, quest, build, scavenge and triumph against the wasteland's greatest threats."

Fallout 76 Trailer - YouTube

Pre-order the Fallout 76 Standard Edition and you'll have:
-Access to the Break it Early Technical Application (B.E.T.A)

Pre-order the Fallout 76 Tricentennial Edition Preorder and you'll unlock:
-B.E.T.A Access
-Tricentennial Power Armors
-Tricentennial Weapons Customization
-Spectacularly Handsome Vault Boy Mascot Head
-Patriotic Uncle Sam Outfit
-Celebratory Vault Boy Saluting Emote
-First-Class Tricentennial Workshop Posters
-Tricentennial Commemorative Photo Frame

Pre-order the Fallout 76 Power Armor Edition Items and you'll get:
-Full-Scale Wearable T-51 Power Armor Helmet with West Tek Canvas Carrying Bag
-Glow-in-the Dark World Terrain Map
-24 Collectible Fallout Figurines
-Tricentennial SteelBook

Fallout 76 Preorder Site - Bethesda Site

JV2017 goes really well in depth with most of his videos
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGdQpBjWmxqU0lY0DnBfwSrF9bEgFI5rz

What we know:
-MMO with 32 players in one server
-Four Player Co-Op
-Map is 4 times the size of Fallout 4
-Micro-transactions are Cosmetic
-Weapon Skin and or Armor Skins (Not confirmed)
-Paid DLC for the future to come
-Settlement Building returns
-Cheap to repair
-Can be raided
-Most likely can be built anywhere
-Blueprints are saved
-If your base is right next to another player, you can take your settlement and place it anywhere else without loosing anything whatsoever
-New creatures/enemies
-Level Progression is infinite
-You get card packs at every few levels
-From level 1-10, every 2 level grants you a card pack.
-From level 10-so on, every 5 levels grants you a pack.
-Each Card Pack contains 4 perk cards(Rarity included), a joke, and a stick of gum
-The stick of gum decreases your hunger for a while.
-Instead of Perks to choose from you get PERK CARDS
-You can invest in these perk cards to make them better
-From level 1-50 you increase your SPECIAL
-Hitting Lvl 50 will halt your SPECIAL growth
-Character Customization, can also change appearance and gender anytime
-Nukes are a new addition
-Not easy to obtain, must get access codes to fire one
-Nukes may destroy a base but the nuclear blast drop high rewards for high risk
-PvP Combat is added, you can also avoid it.
-You can Block a player and they would disappear from the server
-Being killed without Retaliation will result in the murderer getting a bounty on their head, they pay the bounty
-An option to set when if you accidentally shoot another player in a crossfire, it is considered an accident.
-Killing a player that is a higher level than you give you more XP/Caps
-Being killed in a PvP fight will only drop your caps/XP/ and junk(Junk is easily obtainable)
-PvP doesn't start until you hit level 5
-Fast traveling will cost caps
-You can travel to Vault 76 for free

WIP

Last edited:
The only thing I needed to know was no NPCs, and a stupidly large map that seems pointless without NPCs to populate it.

Maybe I'm just jaded because bethesda became utter shit in my eyes long ago but this does not look like it's going to be worth playing for me.

Kedryn

Rescued Ally
A lot of the design and world atmosphere changes between 3 and 4 really pissed me off. I seem calm on these forums, sure; but I was as angry as some of the angriest people on the Alamo.

Adding multi-player to those hated (by me) changes only makes it less appealing for me. I might watch a few streams to see if my pre-judgmental feelings of disgust are justified, but that's about it. ;)

Edit: But thanks for adding this thread. It's helpful and does give us things to talk about. :)

osamaclees

Rescued Ally
its a shame im waiting for beth to make up for the travesty that was FO4 (although i still play it hehe, only heavily modded though and really only due to my OCD that must.......... finish.......... all.......... settlements............ gahhhhhh )
a MMO fallout is absolutely not the way to do that

i have no sound so i dont actually know what they saying but damn look at those aholes jerking each other off in that vid @Just Too posted when they know damn well how they butchered 4 and that none of the long time fallout fans have ever wanted an MMO fallout.

to those who want it and will enjoy it, all the best i hope you do. but to me, especially after 4, this pretty much signals the end of the fallout franchise

Mystyk

Skilled Survivor
Staff member
You CAN avoid PVP, once you are killed on purpose, the player has a bounty on their head, unless you shoot back.
A Facebook group I follow some of the people aren't deterred by that. To them it'll be part of the fun to have others hunting them. They don't care. IMO as well as having a bounty the game should remove all their gear as well and prevent them equipping anything. Make it as hard as possible. A real deterrent.
I don't like PVP/MMO so will be passing on this one.

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
They also said that when you kill someone a higher level than you are, you get more rewards out of it.
IF and when you are killed while not retaliating, you don't loose anything at all, you also can prevent shooting others, kinda like an accidental crossfire.

its a shame im waiting for beth to make up for the travesty that was FO4 (although i still play it hehe, only heavily modded though and really only due to my OCD that must.......... finish.......... all.......... settlements............ gahhhhhh )
a MMO fallout is absolutely not the way to do that

i have no sound so i dont actually know what they saying but damn look at those aholes jerking each other off in that vid @Just Too posted when they know damn well how they butchered 4 and that none of the long time fallout fans have ever wanted an MMO fallout.

to those who want it and will enjoy it, all the best i hope you do. but to me, especially after 4, this pretty much signals the end of the fallout franchise
I wouldn't go that far, I've been a big Fallout fan since the original. Actually, since Wasteland if you count that. When I heard Interplay was working on a Fallout MMO I was like "Hell yes" and signed up for the beta, but bethugsda killed that idea off. Now they want to make some shitty battle royale wannabe with a fallout skin? Not the way to do it. Fuck that, and fuck bethesda sideways with a cattle prod.

This concerns me. Because, well...
a stupidly large map that seems pointless without NPCs to populate it.
Yeah, what I'm trying to say...
Now they want to make some shitty battle royale wannabe with a fallout skin?
This bit.

Bethesda is trying to cash in on the current big trend and are not above further debasing the fallout franchise to do it. To all those that wish to play this and are excited by what's been show thus far: more power to you, but it's simply not a game I can get behind.

Battle Royale games hold no appeal for me. Perhaps because my twitch reflexes are long behind me or maybe due to having burned out my desire for online shooters around 2012/13 but nothing from PUBG to Fortnight to this, earn even the barest of anticipatory reactions from me.

Fabian907

Alamo Analytic
Considering I've been watching more videos about PVP here's what I got
Being killed without retaliation will give a you a revenge bonus to where you can seek revenge or they become targeted on the map and cannot hide.
You can hide from the map by sneaking, though if you're being hunted with your bounty you will remain visible.
Your items that are in the containers cannot be looted.
You can block a player and they won't be able to track you.
It could take about 40 minutes to travel from one corner to another.

Being a murderer grants you a life or death situation for greifing other players which I like, this sort of implementation have made me look at Fallout 76 to a more enjoyable state.

Just Too

Alamo Rookie
Considering I've been watching more videos about PVP here's what I got
Being killed without retaliation will give a you a revenge bonus to where you can seek revenge or they become targeted on the map and cannot hide.
You can hide from the map by sneaking, though if you're being hunted with your bounty you will remain visible.
Your items that are in the containers cannot be looted.
You can block a player and they won't be able to track you.
It could take about 40 minutes to travel from one corner to another.

Being a murderer grants you a life or death situation for greifing other players which I like, this sort of implementation have made me look at Fallout 76 to a more enjoyable state.
Do you know if death means that players can just loot your body and take all your items? :unsure: